Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Olivia

My classmates are young conservative Christians with very passionate personalities.

Returning to school as an adult has been very eye opening. My first attempt at college was not taken very seriously, and I did not do a very good job with thinking things through to the future. Now, I am a wife, a mother, a small business owner, and I much more focused. I do not take my time for granted and I see the importance of learning new information. Every moment of my college career is important. I am not only going back to school for my own well being, but to better the life of my family as well. My path is set, and there are definite challenges ahead of me; my husband and I are living 200 miles apart; I am facing the need of an early hysterectomy that could throw my timeline of course, but I am trying tostay focused. Every moment is important; every class is important. I am lucky to have this opportunity again in my life, and I am glad that I have growm enough to apprecite it.

Anyone who comes from a strong liberal background may find the environment uncomfortable. Also, students who are used to urban environments may feel misplaced and stuck in the middle of nowhere. Students who do not have a strong Christian background may also find the school a bit uncomfortable.

Haley

My classmates are uplifting, encouraging, and warriors for Christ Jesus our Saviour.

My experience as a college student this far in my journey has been the most rewarding, unique experience of my life. I feel that through the many different experiences I have been exposed to it has grown me as an individual. I no longer look at things through the same eyes, but have broadened my opinions and have become more open minded to new ideas and cultures. Some say that college is really where poeple start to discover who they really are. This idea has proven to be true in my own life. While being a college student, I have discovered what my true passions and desires really are. I chose to continue my education so that I would have the tools necessary to become the most successful contributor to our world's society. I feel that my experience as a college student and choosing higher education is preparing me for this task. I have also been inspired to have a greater love for learning like my professors, who have already traveled this same journey. I am thankful for this opportunity that was awarded to me through schollarship contributors, like you, who have made my dreams possible. God Bless

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the parking in front of m dorm is not large enough. It also is gravel right now and tends to wasah out if it rains too much which makes it difficult to drive. Chapel attendance rules sometimes can be frustrating as well. Every two absences we have, we drop a letter grade.

Mary

During my experience at college, I have learned to interact with other students from different backgrounds, what to expect out of life, and how to reach my goals. Interacting with people from different backgrounds is very import. God created us all and we all need to learn how to interact together. Life is too short to spend time on figuring out how to achieve this task. This university has helped me be extremely independent. I can count on myself to complete task, make plans (organized), and budget my money. North Greenville has also helped me plan my career and what i need to do to reach my goals. My advisor made a track for me and has been there for any problem I have faced. Over all college has been a great experience; socially, benefitically, and learning experiences.

The best thing at my school is the support. No matter who it is, everyone will show support. Other students might not know a student but if someone sees a peer having a hard time there is someone there to help a student.

I brag to people about how envolved and outgoing the school is. I also brag about the football team and baseball team in becoming champions. The school has a great campus and extremely caring faculty. The classrooms are great size. Over all North Greenville University is a great school.

My school's motto is "where Christ makes the difference." What makes my school different than other universities is that all the staff claim to be Christains and teach biblical values in and out of the classroom. The president of my school prays for his students and professors; he prays for everyone on campus to grow in spiritually. People off campus can tell a positive difference in North Greenville students than other college students. North Greenville is known for helping the needy in the community and in foriegn countries. North Greenville has been known for being a genuine Christian community.

Being apart of North Greenville University has prepared me for my future. Being apart of a Christian school has taught me to understand and know what it is I believe in. I have become bolder in my thoughts and understandings of my beliefs and am able to explain why I do believe in God. I also have been apart of Impact Teams, which help the community of Greenville, SC. Through working with people of the community, I have learned the importance of helping others and enjoying the joy that I recieve from helping those in need. I volunteer at an elementary school to work with children of all ages and I love how spending time with them makes them so happy. I have also developed life long friendships and cherish them. I moved around growing up and never had many friends. At college, this is my home, my place, and I finally feel settled surrounded by my new friends. College has changed my outlook on life, and has brought me joy. I feel that I am prepared to go into the world with boldness, humblity, and friendships.

The best element of my school is the Christian atmosphere. I am free to worship my God and be apart of biblical teachings.

Allison

My college experience has really enriched my life in many ways. It has given me the knowledge that I can do great things with my life, create a solid foundation for my future family, it has made me a more well-rounded person, and i've become more aware of the world and people around me. This past semester I took geography and I learned a lot about our world, how it functions, and about how we contribute to the condition of the world around us. It has made me more aware of everything going on around me and made me more concious of the things that I do that can affect other people and our enviroment. I am taking psychology this upcoming semester as well and I am looking forward to learning about people and how we function. Understanding is the key to acceptance and love. In my opinion, that is one of the most vital parts in being a human being. School helps you with that and is such an incredibly vital part of anyone's life experience. It makes you well-rounded, aware, and more able to contribute to the world in a positive way.

emilee

North Greenville is unique compared to other schools because it is a place that Jesus Christ makes a difference.

I began attending college in the fall of 2010. Thus far, I have grown a lot as a person. My relationship with God has been strengthened at North Greenville. I have a opportunity to be around other Christians my age. I have been able to develop many relationships. I am able to talk with my friends about important things and they are there for me. It is valuable for me to attend college because it is helping me get closer to getting a degree. I am pursing a degree in psychology. North Greenville has been good for me because it gives a Christian and world view perspective of the psychology field. I am grateful for the opportunities I have at North Greenville and am privileged to attend the school.

The wrost thing about North Greenville University is the food.

Cara

There are several things I have gotten out of my college experience. Since the age of two I have been dancing. Once I got older I trained extensively and have always wanted to pursue a career as a professional ballet dancer. However, I also wanted to get a college education. Therefore, I continued to dance in Greer, SC while I was enrolled as a freshman with NGU. At the beginning of my sophomore year I got an opportunity to dance with American Ballet Theatre II in New York City. At first I thought this meant I would have to give up college to pursue my professional career. To my dismay, NGU has allowed me to stay enrolled as a full time student and take courses online. Therefore, my college experience has been filled with exciting opportunities. I have the ability and flexibility to dance professionally with one of the leading ballet companies in the world and strive towards a degree in business. In addition to this, I value the relationships I have made with the faculty and staff of NGU. Their positive outlook on life has impacted me. I also value the friendships among my peers.

I think the best thing about my school is the focus on Christ and the positive atmosphere associated with the campus. Every professor I've had has been knowledgeable about the subject and has always helped tremendously in the learning process. I've met so many friends at this school and feel like I am blessed with such a good environment. It is not only a great place to interact with others, but NGU also provides a great education.

I think the worse thing about NGU is the set meal plan for students living on campus. I feel like students should have the option to choose how many meals they will actually eat instead of having only one plan they must pay for. I work every night so I always missed the dinner on campus, yet I still was paying for it.

Bethany

My classmates are kind, loyal, genuine, Christ-like people who are just trying to get through college while making a difference for Jesus Christ.

North Greenville University is known for its quality education in a Christ-centered environment. We have students who come from all parts of the world to study here. North Greenville has some of the best professors, in my opinion. They are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the success of their students. NGU has a national championship baseball team and football team as of 2010. North Greenville is an awesome school on fire for the Lord, sitting right in the middle of little 'ole Tigerville, South Carolina.

When I graduated from high school in 2009, I knew I was going to North Greenville University, but I also knew I was going in with an "undecided" major. This was tough because most of my fellow students knew what they wanted to do, and I on the other hand was unsure. Since being at North Greenville, I have learned (with the help of advisors, professors, and fellow students) that I am called to major in Business Administration. I want everything in my life to reflect Christ, including my business. It has been a valuable college experience so far because of the realizations I have come to about my business. Upon graduating, I will open up a fashion boutique, and a portion of my profit will go directly to the Davis Lar children's home in Aquiraz, Ceara, Brazil. I have been four times, and these kids have a special place in my heart, so I want to give back. Being at North Greenville has helped me grow as a person and as a Christian. I have become less materialistic and more focused on winning people for the Lord. I pray that I will continue to grow more every year.

Katelyn

I have recieved a variety of things out of my college experience. College has allowed me to better express myself. I know longer feel bound by the chains of fitting in like I did in high school. College has also taught me how to be a better organizer and less of a procrastinator. In college, I also feel that I stive to do better work than I did in high school. I believe that this is because I actually have to pay for my education and that causes me to take it more seriously. Right now I am attending a two year university. I had no idea of what I wanted to major in so I decided to go ahead and just do my generals. This experience at the two year university has allowed me to see all of the options that are available. Because of this I now know what I want to major in and achieve when I attend a four year university in the fall.

They tend to be cliquish but if you find the right group, then you feel great.

They tend to be cliquish but if you find the right group, then you feel great.

I learned that teachers really do care. My advisor went out of her way to help me get in the teacher program. I am part of the medics on campus and really enjoy it. I was part of the Resident Assistant Association but it was not my thing. However, I love my dorm.

The students tend to have cliques and some are more welcoming than others.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.