Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Andrea

I have recently enrolled in college. However I do have experience in taking online college courses. In high school I was able to attend two online college classes. They were classes in the criminal justice field. By taking these two courses I learned a lot about how the 'college program' works, it also taught me that criminal justice was no longer my field of interest. I recently completed an online career diploma for Medical Assistant. I have always been interested in the medical field, however I still do not think it is quite for me. I will now be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in psychology. With a college degree, a person can do so much more with their life. Getting a job is almost impossible these days and I believe that college is going to make getting a job much easier for me. College is a new chapter to a person's life, and I can not wait to start mine.

Tyler

This school has Christ centered and strives to make sure you become a stronger Christian as well as a stronger student. It is a little far from the nearest city. The view of the mountains is spectacular and breath-taking. The faculty and teachers of the school are always very friendly and encouraging. Drinking and smoking and having sexual relations outside of marriage are all not allowed at this school. They try to keep a good enviroment.

I have learned a lot from being in college at North Greenville University. Not only academically but also how to live independently and take care of my own problems and needs as I live life on my own away from my family. I am become more confident as life goes on and I'm learning so much every single day. Sometimes it's through hard experiences, but other times I am able to learn through other people's mistakes. Which is of course a good thing. I feel like I can become even closer to God while I'm being surrounded by other Christian and people going through the exact same thing I am. It's encouraging and uplifting to have good quality friends surrounding you on campus and off.

If you are looking for a morally strong school where you can earn a good quality education and want to grow as a person then North Greenville University is the right place for you.

Casey

I cannot even begin to explain all that I have received out of my college experience at North Greenville. First and foremost, I have accepted Christ as my personal Savior and Lord. This has impacted my life in an amazing way! I cannot describe it. If I try, it wouldn't do justice. I know now why I was supposed to attend North Greenville and I am eternally grateful. I was going to be a music business major at another university and I felt a pull towards North Greenville. When I began to attend, I dropped the music part and became a business major. I realized my passion for business and marketing which is now my major. I have also gotten involved in Campus Ambassadors and this gives me the opportunity to share my experiences with prospective students all the time. I love this university and it has impacted me throughout my life since when my dad went there over 15 years ago. I have Jesus Christ, the best friends in the entire world, and am getting the best education.i love this university. I feel it has been valuable for these reasons and so many more.

I firmly believe that the best thing about the university is the body of believers that are there. The professors are all Christians and lots of the students are Christians as well. They are an amazing support base and are prayer warriors. They may not even know you but they will pray for you. This support system is amazing because you always have someone to turn to. This is the environment that I love to be in. The president is very involved and you see him around campus everywhere and is just as supporting and loving.

I believe that the person that should attend this school should value a quality education in a Christ centered environment. This is a firm belief of the university and they ensure this through making sure that all of the professors and anyone else who works there are Christians. They should also like hugs. This is because our president is known for giving hugs to the students or really anyone a hug. Dr. Epting really cares about everyone. Especially in their walk with the Lord. This is a fantastic university to attend if it is the right choice for the person.

Merica

My college experience at NGU has taught me a lot and helped me grow as a person. Attending NGU helped put into perspective my goals and dreams. I realized how hard life can be and how to deal with being knocked down. In a matter of two semesters I have brought my GPA from a 1.8 to a 2.714. Seeing my GPA so low after what I thought had been a hard-work filled semester at the end of freshmen year really knocked my dreams to the ground. This experience proved to be very valuable. It taught me to set goals and standards and to fight as hard as I could to fulfill them. My college experience at NGU, though not the easiest, has proven valuable in teaching me how to be a strong leader and to reach my goals.

One thing that is a downside to NGU is the way that things are run. There is a lot of efficiency issues within the school's administration. Another negative thing is the amount of rules that are pushed upon the student. The rules make college here seem more like high school and a glorified baby-sitting service.

A student interested in NGU should possess certain traits: hard-worker, ambitious and willing to work towards a goal, and honest. A student here should be someone who is proactive about their education, someone with a goal and idea for their future and are willing to work hard towards it.

amanda

it is not a party school and Dr. Epting, the president, is very involved with the students. for example he will give everybody a hug and call them by name.

i have learned to be more independent and trust on God for all my needs. considering this is a christan campus the staff really stress getting closer to God. attending this college has been valuable because i have learned so much about the real world and leaning on God. for example, the real world does not wait on you to turn in your assignments. the real world does not allow room for irrisposibility when something needs to be taken care of. by attending this university i have learned to grow up and that is a valuable lesson i have learned by attening this university, along with trusting that God will always provide, either now or later.

a person who wants to go out and party. any person who has a problem attending chapel two days out of the week.

Benjamin

Any university can be described by the people in it, and North Greenville University is full of people who genuinely love each other, people outside of our school, acdemics and high standards, and most importantly Jesus Christ.

The transition from the shelter of high school with all of its comforts often taken for grantid to the uncertain college life full of doubts and fears is always intimidating. I was no exception. The atmosphere of love and unity among the students and faculty found at North Greenville University has taken the shocking, icy awakening of the unknowns of college life out of the maturing experience. The loving spirit of North Greenville not only gave me confidence in my academics, but also confidence in who i am as a man of Christ. North Greenville has encouraged me to view maturity as a new life, not a step away from freedom.

There are numerous attributes about North Greenville University that deserve endless praise, but the one dynamic of our school that stands high above the rest is the prevailing desire to see lost souls come to know the love and peace of Jesus.

Hanna

My classmates work really hard for good grades and don't take for granted the amazing opportunities granted us at North Greenville University.

North Greenville University has afforded me many opportunites to grow -- as a student and as a Child of God. I love the teachers and other faculty here because they honestly want me to succeed and do everything they can to assist me during my time here. I love how my teachers pray before class and spur me on towards greatness. Since I was homeschooled my whole life, I thought the transition from high school to college would be scary. To my relief, the students and faculty made the transition actually fun and enjoyable! The education department is showing me how to become an educator that is caring, efficient and constantly learning. Because of North Greenville's influence on my education, I am excited about what God has in store for my future.

If you want to attend a school that is Christ-centered and really cares about your success, North Greenville is the university for you. The faculty loves their students and does everything they can to assist them. Students should consider North Greenville University if they want to learn in a positive and encouraging environment.

Kaitlin

My college experience at North Greenville University has been amazing. The people are very friendly and welcoming. I have made so many great friends. The Professors genuinly care and want to help you succeed. Since it is a smaller university you have smaller classe sizes. This means your professors and everyone in your class actually knows you by name. I have gained confidence and knowledge about the world through my college experience. There have been many engaging and interesting discussions in my classes. I have also gained independence and and a passion to succeed in everything that I do. I feel like Im working towards a degree that could help me impact the world. I think it has been valuable to attend this university because of all that I have gained from the experience. I think I have had the best college experience.

I wish I had known more about how and when to buy books. I also wish I had known more about which classes I needed to take and which professors were the best.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that it is so far away from everything. It takes 15 minutes to ge to walmart or a fast food restaurant. It takes 25 minuets to get the the movie theature and a shopping plaza. However on the other hand this can be a good thing, because it can help you to stay focused on school.

Peter

My college experience thus far has reinvigorated my interest in learning. I had a rough time with the structure of high school, and as soon as I started college, after not being entirely sure if I wanted to go to college, I have looked forward to going to class every day. Now, in my 4th full time quater of college, I have a 3.89 GPA, I am on the Vice-President's list at my school, and I have spent a quarter abroad studying European history in Glasgow, Scotland. This has a very significant turnaround from my days in high school, considering that I almost failed to graduate. Now that I have finally been able to enjoy school for the first time in my life, I have been able to see more clearly the value of a higher education, and I hope to go on to achieve a Ph.D in American military history, with a focus on the Pacific Theater of Operations in World War II. While this is a long way off, it is a goal that I am comfortable setting, because I know that I will enjoy the pursuit of it every step of the way.

I believe that the faculty and staff at North Greenville University really do strive to allow Christ to make the difference on our campus through their attitudes, actions, and decisions.

I've gained in confidence since coming to NGU. My advisor and othe professors recognize when I do well and encourage me to step just a little bit out of my comfort zone sometimes to try something new. Particularly within the mass communications department, I am given the instruction I need in order to accomplish assignments and projects to the best of my ability using the resources available to me. At North Greenville I've also been encouraged in my faith through chapel and the Baptist Student Union meetings as well as student-sponsored events on campus.

The cafeteria choices are not very conducive to providing many options for those with food allergies and/or vegetarians. The food also seems to have less nourishing vitamins than the food we're used to at home. A good number of students have to supplement their meal plan with food they purchase with their own hard-earned money because they're not getting enough nutrients and several are losing weight unhealthily because the food options given them with their allergies are not very edible.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.