Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

North Greenville University is a place where God is present and put first in every classroom and every decision made by the president.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would tell myself to not worry so much about the new life I was going to have in college. Do not worry about friends because you are going to met the greatest people and do not worry about classes because you are actually smarter than you think. You might want to watch out for biology though, there will be some tears. Do not think drama stops on high school, this is only the beginning. Making the transition will be one of the toughest times in your life, but it will also be the most exciting. I would also tell me not to worry so much about that boy down the street, and I would tell myself to stop worrying about cute outfits and save a little bit more money. College is not a joke, and if you are not careful you will end up broke. Most of all I would like to tell myself that even though college in a wonderful experience, there are trials and tribulations, but you are string, ambitious, and determined. If I have faith in anyone, it is you.

North Greenville University is a great school. There morals are inspiring and the atmosphere is safe and loving. The school is incredible.

Leah

North Greenville is a Christ centered school that focuses on its students' needs, salvation, and academics.

I would tell myself not to stress as much as I did. In high school I was so concerned about how college life was going to be and I was scared to make the transition. However, once I got to school, I easily adjusted and now I consider NGU to be my second home. I would also tell myself to be organized and not bring as much stuff to school. Having so much stuff in my room was such a hassle and it made me even more stressed out.

The most frustrating thing about going to NGU is the dress code. Although the reasoning behind is extremely understandable, it is sometimes very hard to find shirts that have straps that are 3 inches wide.

Beau-General

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School senior I would advise myself to have patients and to work to the best of my abilities to accomplish my goals. I am an aspiring worker and I like to get things done right the first time and not procrastinate. Being an athlete I understand the meaning of competing and working hard. In this world things aren’t handed to you on a silver platter. Some of us may get lucky with opportunities, but I believe that I need to earn my way and branch myself out to others in order to make opportunities for myself. To me it is more self-full filling if I put forth the effort to accomplish what I want and whether I'm rewarded or not for my efforts I will always know that I did the best I could to the best of my abilities. With that being said I would remind myself that these challenges wouldn’t always be easy but to stay tough, be patient and do the best I can. No matter the circumstances I will always feel a sense of accomplishment.

jacob

Its Christian values. It is a Southern Baptist college. The teachers are all great, and the president is a really nice guy and loves the students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to study harder, and to quit goofing off. I would tell myself to grow up a bit more because at college you are on your own, with no one to tell you when to do this or when to do that. I would tell myself to learn better study and time management skills. Also I would definitely work harder to save up for a car; being on campus 3 hours from home without a car is not ideal. Oh, I would say to bring more snacks for your dorm room, and don’t over pack, cause the dorm is smaller than how it appears in pics online.

Well for me, not having a car on campus, its a too far away from home. If a had a car, this would not be an issue though, as the school is 3 hours drive from home.

Zackary

I would say to stay focused on school, to not get too caught up in the drama of high school, and I would remind myself that the reason I am there is to get an education and that is the most important part. It is not about how many friends you have, whether or not your happy with your relationship status, or your popularity level but it is about getting good grades and learning skills that you will need to be successful for when you reach adulthood.

Jenna

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self some advice I would certainly have a lot to say. First I would point out that college life is not as hard and scary as it seems, it is actually really enjoyable as long as you don't get behind in any classes. Which leads me into what I would say next; don't procrastinate, procrastination is one of the things that makes college harder than it should be, start training yourself now to get things done ahead of time. Switching to the financial side of things, don't count on scholarships to always be there to cover your tuition, not every scholarship is guaranteed for the next school year; get a job and save up some money! Finally and most importantly, make good relationships with people who will challenge you to do your best and who will be there for you when you feel like you are at your worst. That's not all I would say, but two hundred words go by quickly.

Someone who enjoys learning.

A person who doesn't want to do the work necesarry to get a good grade should not attend this school.

cody

The diversity among the students present. Also, the professors are well-qualified and very few of them have anything under a Doctoriate degree. I love being taught by well-qualified individuals.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would have told myself to embrace every moment of my college years. The time you spend study is important, no doubt. However, the time you spend interacting and making new friends is just as important, if not, more so. The friends I made in college are my eternal friends; and friends I will always cherish. In order to be successful in college, I believe students must learn to balance their time. The transition from a high school senior to a freshman in college can be made much easier if a multitude of friends and relationships are created from the onset. This I would enourage for any college freshman.

Christ-centered education. This type of education is most important to me because it helps me develop a life and career that honors God.

If I could have the privilege of going back to highschool, senior year, I would give myself so much advice. First, I would tell myself that a community college is still a good start, and to not be afraid of the community college just because it's a 2 year degree program, because in the long run, it will be cheaper. Second, I would tell myself to choose a major that I can see myself doing everyday, even if I got paid nothing for doing the work. And if I am unsure of what that is, start college but then maybe take sometime off when the decision really needs to be made. Finally, I would advice myself to take my grades serious and choose friends that do too. Because after college is over there has to be something to show for it, and hopefully it's a successful story.

Jacqueline

North Greenville University is a Christ centered institution and all of the professors are known to be Christians.

I would tell myself to study harder, eat less, sleep more, and exercise more. Another thing I would definitely tell myself would be to stop procrastinating.

I would consider North Greenville University to be known for making the best friends you'll ever have. The friends you make here are everlasting relationships. Many of the students are Christians and it is amazing that you get to share your faith with one another.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.