Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Katie

North Greenville University is a wonderful school that helps academic as well as spiritual growth in their students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to continue working hard in school and continue doing extracurricular activities like playing sports and volunteering because it really does all pay off when you get to college. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships my senior year of high school because scholarships are extremely important in affording a higher education. However, I would also tell myself to have fun and make life long memories. My advice would include to spend as much time as I can with my best friends and make sure to stay in touch with them so they don't drift away once college starts. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be serious about my future, but to also have fun and make memories because they become so important and special once you have moved on to a new life surrounded by new friends. Those relationships and memories back home will always be the most important in your life, especially while you're away.

The environment is wonderful and everybody around campus including students, faculty, and professors are all so encouraging and uplifting. Everywhere on campus has a positive feeling and almost everybody is friendly and nice.

Thomas

My classmates are helpful in many different ways like, helping out other students who dont understand what is being taught, listening to their problems, giving Godly advice in the situation and just loving on the other students.

I would tell myself not to wait to go to college and to go as fast as I could. My ignorance has put me in many bad situations in the past. I have matured over the years and I now share with my fellow classmates the mistakes I made in my past and I encourage them not to make the same mistakes that I did when I was their age.

The best thing about my school is the community of students. Its like having a huge family, who will help you carry your burdens with you. We recently had a fellow student die in a hiking accedent and the whole campus felt the pain of it all. If someone needs help with a certain subject, someone will step up and help them out. We are all a big family. Our president even walks aroud and hugs all the kids he comes in contact with. North Greenville University is a very loving school.

-Umm, what is going on? -Calm down. You don't need to freak out. -I think I can when I am talking and looking at my ownself. -Don't worry. I am you just a year from now. -Well, how did you get here? -How I got here isn't important. What's important is what I have to say. You have been stressing yourself out about moving away for college. You're worried about losing your family and friends when you leave. I am here to tell you that you shouldn't be. The absence of your family is easy to forget about when you are busy with homework and cheerleading practices. It is inevitable that you will miss them, but their random phone calls and continuous love will always be there to fall back on. True friends are going to be there when you come home. If you do lose friends, they did not care enough and were not good friends to have anyway. The transition will not be easy, but it forces you to mature for the better. -So it's not as bad as I am making it out to be? -No. It's way easier.

I would have wanted to know how much of a great atmosphere North Greenville has. The teachers there care a lot about their students unlike the majority of other college professors. There are always activities, clubs, and organizations to be apart of that focus on bettering the community. The atmosphere is always happy and Christ-centered which allows me to never feel as if I do not belong at NGU.

The most unfavorable thing about my school is its location. It is located in the hilly area of Greenville and the campus was built on top of a small hill. To get anywhere around campus everyone has to climb a myriad of hills. It is very time consuming and strenuous to "hike" everywhere I go on campus, no matter if it is raining, snowing, or freezing cold outside.

Susannah

North Greenville University is a friendly, Christian environment that lives up to it's mottos, "become a difference maker, " and "where Christ makes a difference."

The advise I would give myself is this: Be sure to pick a college that has an environment that shares your morals, values, and especially Christianity. Be wise about choosing a college that has a variety a majors because you will most likely change your major a couple times. Also be sure there is good financial aid and scholarships available.

I love how Christ-centered NGU is. It is truely one of the best places to be.

North Greenville University is a place where God is present and put first in every classroom and every decision made by the president.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would tell myself to not worry so much about the new life I was going to have in college. Do not worry about friends because you are going to met the greatest people and do not worry about classes because you are actually smarter than you think. You might want to watch out for biology though, there will be some tears. Do not think drama stops on high school, this is only the beginning. Making the transition will be one of the toughest times in your life, but it will also be the most exciting. I would also tell me not to worry so much about that boy down the street, and I would tell myself to stop worrying about cute outfits and save a little bit more money. College is not a joke, and if you are not careful you will end up broke. Most of all I would like to tell myself that even though college in a wonderful experience, there are trials and tribulations, but you are string, ambitious, and determined. If I have faith in anyone, it is you.

North Greenville University is a great school. There morals are inspiring and the atmosphere is safe and loving. The school is incredible.

Leah

North Greenville is a Christ centered school that focuses on its students' needs, salvation, and academics.

I would tell myself not to stress as much as I did. In high school I was so concerned about how college life was going to be and I was scared to make the transition. However, once I got to school, I easily adjusted and now I consider NGU to be my second home. I would also tell myself to be organized and not bring as much stuff to school. Having so much stuff in my room was such a hassle and it made me even more stressed out.

The most frustrating thing about going to NGU is the dress code. Although the reasoning behind is extremely understandable, it is sometimes very hard to find shirts that have straps that are 3 inches wide.

Beau-General

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School senior I would advise myself to have patients and to work to the best of my abilities to accomplish my goals. I am an aspiring worker and I like to get things done right the first time and not procrastinate. Being an athlete I understand the meaning of competing and working hard. In this world things aren’t handed to you on a silver platter. Some of us may get lucky with opportunities, but I believe that I need to earn my way and branch myself out to others in order to make opportunities for myself. To me it is more self-full filling if I put forth the effort to accomplish what I want and whether I'm rewarded or not for my efforts I will always know that I did the best I could to the best of my abilities. With that being said I would remind myself that these challenges wouldn’t always be easy but to stay tough, be patient and do the best I can. No matter the circumstances I will always feel a sense of accomplishment.

jacob

Its Christian values. It is a Southern Baptist college. The teachers are all great, and the president is a really nice guy and loves the students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to study harder, and to quit goofing off. I would tell myself to grow up a bit more because at college you are on your own, with no one to tell you when to do this or when to do that. I would tell myself to learn better study and time management skills. Also I would definitely work harder to save up for a car; being on campus 3 hours from home without a car is not ideal. Oh, I would say to bring more snacks for your dorm room, and don’t over pack, cause the dorm is smaller than how it appears in pics online.

Well for me, not having a car on campus, its a too far away from home. If a had a car, this would not be an issue though, as the school is 3 hours drive from home.

Zackary

I would say to stay focused on school, to not get too caught up in the drama of high school, and I would remind myself that the reason I am there is to get an education and that is the most important part. It is not about how many friends you have, whether or not your happy with your relationship status, or your popularity level but it is about getting good grades and learning skills that you will need to be successful for when you reach adulthood.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.