Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Michelle

The average classroom is between 15-30 people so you are able to get to know your classmates and the professor.

The atmosphere. We have a pretty diverse student body and when we have fun athletic events (be it intramural or school) everyone goes crazy.

Rebekah

My school campus is beautiful and the teachers really care about the students.

My school campus is beautiful and the teachers really care about the students.

I would tell myself not to rely on calculators for your math problems, learn to do them without it. Also to be more aggresive in my studies so that I will have better study habits. Learn not to rely on your parents to take care of thing for you because in college you have to do everything for yourself.

The worst thing about my school is the long walk to the cafateria when it rains. You really get wet.

Alyssa

I would tell myself to relax and enjoy it. Instead of worrying about making friends to go out and intentionally meet people by joining a few extra clubs and do intramurals. I would remind myself to be vocal and kind instead of waiting on people to come up and meet me to go and interact with them. I would also tell myself to make the most of the beautiful campus by going with a friend to explore it and not take it forgranted.

The caring staff. The class sizes are almost always under 40 and the professors genuinely know you. They care about your success and are willing to help you in any and every way they can. They go the extra mile and they'll pray for and with you. Christ truly makes a difference in the staff.

My school is very religous, safe, and one of my favorite places to be.

My school is very religous, safe, and one of my favorite places to be.

I would tell myself to just follow my heart and go to the school that my heart was leading me to. Also I would tell myself how much of a safe and great school North Greenville University is.

North Greenville University is a very Christian school that I feel very safe at. I also know I can always state my religious views.

Karlie

North Greenville University is a school where professors care about the students, students love to fellowship with one another, and where everyone can get together and worship God through EVERYTHING they do.

I would tell myself that time management is a crutial skill that needs to be mastered. Also that the first couple of weeks or even the first semester is overwhelming, BUT not impossible. I would tell myself to just take a deep breath and tackle the obsticles that were to come and not to crumble. Also I would tell myself not to make myself stressed with class work, but to work efficently and diligently and everything would work out fine. Another skill is to not be afraid to make friends and go up to people and form new relationships, because these relationships can truly make a difference. Friends can help you study for those classes that are harder, and also provide you with a stress relief. Yes the academics are important, but it is also important not to get stuck in them because we need to learn to be social so we know how to tackle the real world once we enter it. We need to know how to construct relationships with those we work with so we can better our work. Two people can accomplish a lot more than just one alone.

It is a great Christian Campus where the professors truly care about us. Yes there are strick rules, but they are there to help keep us focused and successful in our goals of getting a degree. Also there are plenty of activities to do on campus so it is still a very active college lifestyle. The professors are always willing to help and talk to students one-on-one because they want to se us succeed.

Melissa

Developing and growing students to be strong leaders in their future work place and make a difference for Jesus Christ.

First I would tell myself to take a deep breath. College is a lot of work both acedemically and relationally. You might meet your future spouse and friends that will last a lifetime. But first, take a deep breath and invest in people. Don't worry about everything just have faith that God is in control. Second I would say to get to know your professors and work hard. By truly doing the best you can each step of the way you will succeed. Because what matters in the end is not your grade exactly, but your effort, knowledge, and the people you have served along the way.

Someone who wants to drink and do drugs.

Yomi

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself as I high school senior, I would tell myself that all the social life things I think matter do not. Nobody cares about your new shoes, or the type of car you have. People really do grow up in college; People are very concerned about their futures and what it takes to make it, which means there are fewer people to trust. When it comes down to it, everyone is in college for to better their own lives and they won't let anyone get in the way of that. I would also tell myself to focus on myself and no one else because it is easy to get drawn into the wrong crowd if I focus on other peole.

The worst thing about my school is how everyone (including myself) is so judgemental. Since it is a christian school, the students are held up to extremely high standards and there is very little room for mistakes.

The faculty parking to student parking ratio is very frustrating. The faculty members have most of the parking spaces at NGU and to make matters worse, they have all of the close parking spots as well. I don't even bother driving to school because of how far I have to walk from a parking spot. The walk from my dorm is closer and faster.

Britteny

If I could go back in time the biggest piece of advice I would give myself is to pay on my student loans while I am in school. It does not matter if it is $10 per week or $50 per month. Whatever money is paid during the college will have a huge impact on the amount of money that needs to be paid back once school is complete. Another tip about student loans is to find out the interest that accrues over the year and make sure that at least that is paid by the end of the year. If not every year the accrued interest is additional to the capital of the loan that was not borrowed. This results an increase in capital and the following year interest will be charged to the new larger amount owed. The best part about accrued interest is that you have all year to make payments before it is added to the capital.

Take a deep breath and stop worrying so much, you are going to be fine. You are about to embark on a journey that will change your life. I'm not going to lie, its going to be a bit scary. You're going to meet new people, do new things, and have the time of your life. These people you are going to meet are going to become the best friends you could ask for. They are going to begin to shape you into the person that you want to be. All of the new experiences, are going to be so much fun and you'll laugh until you cry. The classes are going to be hard and you are going to have to study. There is only so much a teacher can do, the rest is up to you. However, don't get discouraged, Joshua 1:9 says that the Lord your God will be with you always. Make each and everyday count, there will never be another one like it. Make good friends, they will stick by you through everything. Don't strive for perfection, but rather do your very best. Finally, trust God and pray constantly.

he best thing about my school is the people. You will never meet a mean person at NGU, everyone is friendly and willing to help you in anyway possible. The teachers know who you are and want you to be as successful as possible. They are actively involved in your education and in helping you. The President of the University, Dr. Epting, gives all of his students hugs. He will come find you in the courtyard, give you a hug and find out if there is anything he can do for you, he constantly encourages you to do your best.

If you are looking for a school where you are nothing more than a number in a classroom, this is not the school for you. If you don't want the teacers to know your name and be actively involved with your education, this is not the school for you. If you don't want the president of the University to stop you in the courtyard and ask you how you are and if he can help you in anyway, then this is not the school for you.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.