Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Melissa

Developing and growing students to be strong leaders in their future work place and make a difference for Jesus Christ.

First I would tell myself to take a deep breath. College is a lot of work both acedemically and relationally. You might meet your future spouse and friends that will last a lifetime. But first, take a deep breath and invest in people. Don't worry about everything just have faith that God is in control. Second I would say to get to know your professors and work hard. By truly doing the best you can each step of the way you will succeed. Because what matters in the end is not your grade exactly, but your effort, knowledge, and the people you have served along the way.

Someone who wants to drink and do drugs.

Yomi

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself as I high school senior, I would tell myself that all the social life things I think matter do not. Nobody cares about your new shoes, or the type of car you have. People really do grow up in college; People are very concerned about their futures and what it takes to make it, which means there are fewer people to trust. When it comes down to it, everyone is in college for to better their own lives and they won't let anyone get in the way of that. I would also tell myself to focus on myself and no one else because it is easy to get drawn into the wrong crowd if I focus on other peole.

The worst thing about my school is how everyone (including myself) is so judgemental. Since it is a christian school, the students are held up to extremely high standards and there is very little room for mistakes.

The faculty parking to student parking ratio is very frustrating. The faculty members have most of the parking spaces at NGU and to make matters worse, they have all of the close parking spots as well. I don't even bother driving to school because of how far I have to walk from a parking spot. The walk from my dorm is closer and faster.

Britteny

If I could go back in time the biggest piece of advice I would give myself is to pay on my student loans while I am in school. It does not matter if it is $10 per week or $50 per month. Whatever money is paid during the college will have a huge impact on the amount of money that needs to be paid back once school is complete. Another tip about student loans is to find out the interest that accrues over the year and make sure that at least that is paid by the end of the year. If not every year the accrued interest is additional to the capital of the loan that was not borrowed. This results an increase in capital and the following year interest will be charged to the new larger amount owed. The best part about accrued interest is that you have all year to make payments before it is added to the capital.

Take a deep breath and stop worrying so much, you are going to be fine. You are about to embark on a journey that will change your life. I'm not going to lie, its going to be a bit scary. You're going to meet new people, do new things, and have the time of your life. These people you are going to meet are going to become the best friends you could ask for. They are going to begin to shape you into the person that you want to be. All of the new experiences, are going to be so much fun and you'll laugh until you cry. The classes are going to be hard and you are going to have to study. There is only so much a teacher can do, the rest is up to you. However, don't get discouraged, Joshua 1:9 says that the Lord your God will be with you always. Make each and everyday count, there will never be another one like it. Make good friends, they will stick by you through everything. Don't strive for perfection, but rather do your very best. Finally, trust God and pray constantly.

he best thing about my school is the people. You will never meet a mean person at NGU, everyone is friendly and willing to help you in anyway possible. The teachers know who you are and want you to be as successful as possible. They are actively involved in your education and in helping you. The President of the University, Dr. Epting, gives all of his students hugs. He will come find you in the courtyard, give you a hug and find out if there is anything he can do for you, he constantly encourages you to do your best.

If you are looking for a school where you are nothing more than a number in a classroom, this is not the school for you. If you don't want the teacers to know your name and be actively involved with your education, this is not the school for you. If you don't want the president of the University to stop you in the courtyard and ask you how you are and if he can help you in anyway, then this is not the school for you.

Robert

The best advice I could give myself as a high school senior is if I want to get a job, I need to get more involved in the local community through volunteer opportunities and be friendly with everyone because it will open career paths. I would also need to pursue getting my license by the end of the school year because it gives me a world of freedom. I need to value the time I spend with my friends and spend even more time with them because after high school I will lose contact with them. I also need to apply for part time jobs around the city because it will help pay for college expenses. I would also tell myself to cut my hair, study vigorously, and listen to my grandparents when they give me advice about how to act in a professional setting because it all makes college life a lot less stressful. The advice I would give myself would seem unimportant and cliché, but in reality, the small changes in a person's actions and involvement can mean the difference between achieving success and wondering why no one will hire you, talk to you, or help you.

Justin

Don't worry about trying to fit in or seem like the cool kid, do what you believe in and try your hardest with anything you do. Who you think are your friends now will most likely not be your friends down the road, especially if you are hiding your true self. The issues that matter to you now will not matter to you down the road. Worry about your education and your place in this world. Do something meaningful. Take risks, accept challenges, and never give up on yourself.

Bethany

Everyone gets along well and participates in class discussions.

Everyone gets along well and participates in class discussions.

I would work harder on my school work and learn how to bettter study. I would start earlier on college applications in order that I can find out about scholarships sooner and have a better chance of getting them.

The school informed me of everything I wanted to know, so I knew what I was getting into.

Sara

It's a fun and lively school with great faculty, staff, and students who care about growing together as a family.

I would say be ready to go in head first. When you get to college go out and meet people, try new things, join clubs or teams, and have fun. But also looking at the academic side be ready a prepared to manage your time, to study hard, and to give your classwork all your effort.

Any prospective student that is interested in small class sizes with professors who truly car about your performances in and outside of the classroom. Also someone who is interested in ministry and looking for a good education and growth in their walk with Christ. Someone who is outgowing and ready to start the next chapter in life will do great at North Greenville University.

It is best known for the teachers building relationships with the students.

It is best known for the teachers building relationships with the students.

Enjoy every second of high school no matter how badly you want to get out of it because you will miss it.

The type of person that is eager to learn and wants to have teachers that care about their academics.

Audri

I was very shy in high school. I had friends, but I never really got involved in any school clubs or organizations. Now that I am in college, I see that getting involved early is very important. If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to get involved more. There is nothing wrong with being shy, but it can make so many opportunities disappear. I regret being so shy in high school. I wish I would have gotten more involved. College has allowed me to come out of my shell and I am now starting to become more involved. It is never too late to make a change.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.