Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Robert

The best advice I could give myself as a high school senior is if I want to get a job, I need to get more involved in the local community through volunteer opportunities and be friendly with everyone because it will open career paths. I would also need to pursue getting my license by the end of the school year because it gives me a world of freedom. I need to value the time I spend with my friends and spend even more time with them because after high school I will lose contact with them. I also need to apply for part time jobs around the city because it will help pay for college expenses. I would also tell myself to cut my hair, study vigorously, and listen to my grandparents when they give me advice about how to act in a professional setting because it all makes college life a lot less stressful. The advice I would give myself would seem unimportant and cliché, but in reality, the small changes in a person's actions and involvement can mean the difference between achieving success and wondering why no one will hire you, talk to you, or help you.

Justin

Don't worry about trying to fit in or seem like the cool kid, do what you believe in and try your hardest with anything you do. Who you think are your friends now will most likely not be your friends down the road, especially if you are hiding your true self. The issues that matter to you now will not matter to you down the road. Worry about your education and your place in this world. Do something meaningful. Take risks, accept challenges, and never give up on yourself.

Bethany

Everyone gets along well and participates in class discussions.

Everyone gets along well and participates in class discussions.

I would work harder on my school work and learn how to bettter study. I would start earlier on college applications in order that I can find out about scholarships sooner and have a better chance of getting them.

The school informed me of everything I wanted to know, so I knew what I was getting into.

Sara

It's a fun and lively school with great faculty, staff, and students who care about growing together as a family.

I would say be ready to go in head first. When you get to college go out and meet people, try new things, join clubs or teams, and have fun. But also looking at the academic side be ready a prepared to manage your time, to study hard, and to give your classwork all your effort.

Any prospective student that is interested in small class sizes with professors who truly car about your performances in and outside of the classroom. Also someone who is interested in ministry and looking for a good education and growth in their walk with Christ. Someone who is outgowing and ready to start the next chapter in life will do great at North Greenville University.

It is best known for the teachers building relationships with the students.

It is best known for the teachers building relationships with the students.

Enjoy every second of high school no matter how badly you want to get out of it because you will miss it.

The type of person that is eager to learn and wants to have teachers that care about their academics.

Audri

I was very shy in high school. I had friends, but I never really got involved in any school clubs or organizations. Now that I am in college, I see that getting involved early is very important. If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to get involved more. There is nothing wrong with being shy, but it can make so many opportunities disappear. I regret being so shy in high school. I wish I would have gotten more involved. College has allowed me to come out of my shell and I am now starting to become more involved. It is never too late to make a change.

Faith

Whatever you are told to know for a test, quiz, or exam, study that plus everything else in the book. But don't just memorize it for a short time, implant the facts in your mind until it is knowledge for life! Learning should never end when you walk out of the classroom. That is when it all truly begins.

The professors are wonderful. They bring Biblical teachings and principles into the classroom while also living out the christian life.

There are no more than about 100 students in each class, so you get to know the majority of your class pretty well. Most everyone is very friendly and focused on doing their studies and doing them right.

NGU is a Christ centered and Christ focused campus - our motto is, "Where Christ Makes the Difference." Christian Sutdies, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Education are the three most prominent majors here. It is also known for being a more secluded college in a mountenous setting. There are not many restaurants or stores within a 20 minute radius. Finally, it is known for having a wonderful relaxed environment and pleasant staff and professors.

I believe that I am well more knowledgeable and equipped with the experience I have gained since bing in highschool and now that I have 1 year of college done with. If I could go back in time I would advise myself to go all out in highschool to make the highest grades possible because they are going to be so worth it when applying for a college and getting student aid, grants, and scholarships; and for the improtance of having to know the information learned in highschool. I would also tell myself that college will be very hard and fun at the same time, so don't give up whatever you do. Finally, I would say, "Manage your time well, Jennifer, it will be one of the most important thing you do in college. If you want to learn and get through this with a head held high, manage your time. Don't get easily distracted from the vital work at hand when you have assignments due. Place God first in everything you do and try not to stress to much about the workload, He will be there with youthrough it all. You can to this."

John

I would tell myself to stay focused on my school work and dont put sports before my education. When I was in high school my main focus was football and getting a scholarship for football. Sadly I was dissapointed when i didnt get a scholaship for football and was dismayed about going to college. Luckly i had a 3.6 gpa and a good SAT score that allowed me to get into North Greenville and many other colleges without any struggle. Being in college taught me responsiblities and time managment that i wish i had in high school, so i would tell myself to balance my time and use it wisely and make the smart decisions in and out of the classroom.

The type of people that should attend North Greenville are strong believers in Christ. North Greenville is a highly religious university and requires students to participate in the worship of the Christian belief. People who attend NGU should be very open minded and should try new things. They should also allow themselves to open and friendly and accepting of all races, cultures, and background because there are several interesting people that attend NGU.

I brag about being part of the football team. In the past two years North Greenvilles football team has had amazing seasons which resulted in the team recieveing two rings. I also boast about being part of the track and field team, last season I placed 8th in the conference. The main thing that I brag about is that i am apart of a highly religious university that has given me the opportunity to grow stronger in my walk with Christ.

Corinne

You are strong. Yet you still deny it. This one word that you have heard over and over again has yet to have an affect on the tears streaming down your flushed cheeks. But you are still beautiful. While your face lies damp and bruises pressed across your skin, may you still find reasons to smile. You haven't lost your innocence as you so firmly believed, but you have just begun to embrace it. While these current court dates and flashbacks have forced you into adulthood at only 17, please never forget this. You are not worthless, nor will you ever be and he has never been more wrong. You have never been more beautiful than right now. Your story does not need to be hidden under careless lies and questionable coverups. But told with an unimaginable streagth underneath your trembling voice. Time to let go of the screams you have forced quiet that now slowly tear you apart. Freedom is closer than you think. This is your senior year, make it one you will actually want to remember.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.