Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Carly

Given the opportunity to give advice to myself (in my high school senior year) about the transition into college life, I would make sure that I was well equipped with time management skills and the ability to balance course work with on-campus college community life and service to others. Stepping closer towards independence does take some training. Living on campus, verses being at home, really brings out your personal areas of strengths and and your areas of weaknesses. I would have more discussions with other kids already in college (that I knew and looked up to) to find out exactly what some of the pitfalls could be and the best ways they found to deal with them. Also, I would tell myself that even though it is my senior year, it is not a year just to celebrate, but a year that is going to have a direct impact on my first year of college and that each day should be taken very seriously as I head out on my path towards my future.

Someone who has a focus on drinking and doing drugs and has a general lack of respect for themselves or others.

Josie

Do not wait until the last minute to get all the paperwork done! I would tell myself that North Greenville is where I want to go and make sure I got all my FAFSA paperwork finalized quickly, that way I wouldn't have missed the Tuition Scholarship by 8 days. That way I could have started the year off on campus and the transition would have been much easier.

The atmosphere at North Greenville is very welcoming. Everywhere you look there is a smiling face and everyone is ready and willing to help with any question or concern.

Living on campus is much more rewarding than commuting. I started out as a commuter and found I was not as involved as I wanted to be. I didn't have very many friends because I was rarely had time to just hang out and get to know other students. I just recently moved on campus and I love it! I am already making friends, I am more motivated to get my work done, and I can get involved with school activities much more easily.

Tiffany

My school is best known for showing how Christ makes the differance in every aspect of life.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would most likely advice myself to start working on scholarships and finacial aid earlier. I would tell myself that even though I know it takes time it is worth it, because there are much fewer scholarships offerred once you are no longer a junior or senior in high school.

There isnt any kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. However, if a person likes to go out and get drunk every night I would not reccomend coming here because that is not tolerated.

Zachary

The rules are strict. There is no drinking, sex or drugs and the campus is God centered and all about reaching people for Christ.

I would have really took my grades more serious. I wouldnt have took easy classes just to make my senior year easier. I would have made the effort to mature more. I would have also got a job to save money and work on money management skills.

Someone who doesnt have the willingness to give up their past to change for the rules of the school.

Leah

I would remind myself that what you do with your education in high school will effect the rest of your career. If you do not apply yourself in high school, you will have a rough time when you get to college. Also, learn your study habits now, its hard to buckel down when you get to college if you did not do it in high school, there is way more distractions in college.

Someone who is serious about learning and commited to their studies. Someone who wants to presue a solid relationship with the Lord.

The professors here really care about your well-being and they truly care about you and your personal life. I love that it is a small campus so I can get to know people easier.

courtney

If I could go back to when I was a senior in highschool and talk to myself I would let myself know that college is not as intimidating as people make it out to be. As long as you do your work and study you will be sucessful in whatever you choose your major to be. I would also tell myself to do the best that you can in all of your classes because every class counts when it comes to transferring colleges/universities. Another thing I would tell myself is to enjoy college and take advantage of the activites that the college/university has to offer.

TaeHoon

Faithful Christian school that most of students studying their work with their faith in the Christ.

I am going to advice to myself that applying to college can be the most important part of your life. therefore, it would going to affact to your job, grade, company, family, even marrige. this is can be last chance of your life. think carefully that you don't need to regret about your choice, later. everyone expect you. the tuition of college or university is not free. keep it in your mind and never forget about it.

people who have passion and patient enough to graduate college or university.

Paige

North Greenville is best known for its Christian community. The logo for this school is " Where Christ makes the difference'" and this phrase represents the foundation this school is built on. Opportunities to get involved in church communities around the school and to be a part of mission trips are presented often to the students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to work on my planning and organization skills. Keeping up with due dates and staying organized has been such an important factor to being successful now that I am in college, but it has not been easy trying to teach myself how to plan my schedule out and keep all of my materials and books organized. Not knowing exactly what is due when and how I should go about a process, such as writing a paper, leads to procrastinaition and causes me to have late nights finishing work I could have completed at an earlier time. These skills I am working to master will help lead me to success while preventing self-inflicted stress. I think if I had learned these abilities in high school then I would have an easier time adjusting to a more independent and responsible lifestyle that I am taking on now.

My favorite thing about North Greenville is the fact that it is a small university which provides me with the opportunity to have personable relationships with the teachers here. The teachers are willing to help and work with their students as long as the students are giving quality effort. Also, the students on campus are very friendly, making it easy to form new friendships over a short period of time.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.