Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Paige

North Greenville is best known for its Christian community. The logo for this school is " Where Christ makes the difference'" and this phrase represents the foundation this school is built on. Opportunities to get involved in church communities around the school and to be a part of mission trips are presented often to the students.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to work on my planning and organization skills. Keeping up with due dates and staying organized has been such an important factor to being successful now that I am in college, but it has not been easy trying to teach myself how to plan my schedule out and keep all of my materials and books organized. Not knowing exactly what is due when and how I should go about a process, such as writing a paper, leads to procrastinaition and causes me to have late nights finishing work I could have completed at an earlier time. These skills I am working to master will help lead me to success while preventing self-inflicted stress. I think if I had learned these abilities in high school then I would have an easier time adjusting to a more independent and responsible lifestyle that I am taking on now.

My favorite thing about North Greenville is the fact that it is a small university which provides me with the opportunity to have personable relationships with the teachers here. The teachers are willing to help and work with their students as long as the students are giving quality effort. Also, the students on campus are very friendly, making it easy to form new friendships over a short period of time.

Kaitlyn

North Greenville University is a Christian atmosphere with amazing people and teachers who care about you education and your walk in life!

I would tell my self that my grades are more important than anything and that leaving home is harder than expected. I would tell my self to prepare for a long and windy road, and to never give in to other peoples input and to just go with what i think is correct.

I brag about how it is a great home away from home and how the teachers and students make you feel kind of at home.

Eric

The best thing about the school is the amazing selection of top quality teachers. They even have native speaking foreign language teachers. If you have a problem or you want someone to pray with you, just ask one of the teachers to pray for you and they are more than happy to. Their job at NGU is to not only look out for you academically but also spiritually if you want.

Everyone here at NGU is unexpectedly nice. Just walk up to about anyone and start a conversation and by the end of it you are good friends. Just knowing that before hand helps take the majority of the stress away.

Heather

I would have to say the Christian atmosphere. Granted, it's not the largest nor most well-known Christian school in the US, however, that's a key strong point at North Greenville and part of the reason it attracted me as a student.

I would tell myself to adjust my study habits to work better with the college atmosphere, as the amount of freedom in the college lifestyle makes it easy to forget the work required in comparison to high school.

Nothing particularly strikes out at me as being the worst thing about the school, especially not academically, so possibly the amount of hills in the area that make some of the walks from class to class difficult and tiring.

Kristen

The fact that my school is a Christian school is really unique.

The fact that my school is a Christian school is really unique.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is much harder in terms of school work and to not take the classes lightly. I would explain how important time management is and how making the right decisions will really pay off in the end. College student's freshman year can really hurt them if they do not put forth their best effort, and I would tell myself to work as hard as I possibly could and associate with a good group of people.

I wish I would have known how hard the biology program is.

Betsy

North Greenville is a Christian school that welcomes you as a family. I grew up in a house that did not drink or do drugs and I was not comfortable being in a "learning enviroment" where that was the main focus.

I am the type of person that has to learn from my mistakes. Honestly, I do not think that I would listen to myself if I could go back in time. But, if I would, I would tell myself to follow my dreams and not be what my parents want me to be, not matter what.

This school is for people whos main concern is not being a social butterfly but want to focus on their education.

Adam

North Greenville University is a great college where you can receive excellent Biblical training as well as a great education from teachers who are very knowledgeable and caring.

I would advise myself to save as much money for college as possible. I would work on making great grades and looking for scholarhips. I would work on being more sociable and feeling more comfortable around people that I don't know. Also, I would be more involved in the community so that I could become very involved in college functions once I made the transition. I would work on getting to know people and not being too trusting of people I don't know well. I would tell myself to work hard and to do the best that I can in all things - in classwork, in relationships, etc. College has been and continues to be a wonderful experience, and I believe if I had known more of these things then the college experience would be even more amazing.

The worst things about NGU is the high price of attendance. It is very expensive, and it would be so much better if the tuition, room, and board could be brought down. I have to do much scholarship hunting, and I've had to take out a loan. The school gives good scholarships, but not enough to help significantly. I don't like having to pay so much to go to a Christian school.

Malorie

I would tell myself and that it is not as scary and overwhelming as it appears. To watch out for deception along the way. And live for God and God alone. He has a better plan even if you don't understand it. He will reveal it just trust Him.

It's more of a community. Everyone knows everyone and helps and cares for everyone. It's a smaller campus so it's easy to get involved and feel like you're apart of something.

I think the worst thing is the boys aren't allowed into the girls dorm room and vice versa. It makes it difficult to just hangout or study.

Pamela

I would say that North Greenville University is best known for its affiliation to the Southern Baptist Convention. They pride themselves on having the number one Baptist Student Union in the state of South Carolina and sending more missionaries than any other university in the state.

Jill, you have had your parents to lead and guide you to help you in your decision making up until this point. Now it is up to you how you will manage your time, choose your friends and handle yourself. Make good decisions. You will be making a lot of very important life decisions over the next ten years and where you choose to go to college is the first of them. Hear your parents out. They have known you your whole life, so do not leave them out of this very important time in your life. Trust yourself. You are on the brink of adult-hood and you are smart enough to make good decisions. The lack of making a decision is making a decision. Lastly, live. Truly live. Do not fear the future, embrace it!

North Greenville Univeristy's motto is "Christ makes the Difference." I can truly say that Christ made the difference in my academic career at North Greenville University. I was required to take Bible classes and follow rules and guidelines that many college students do not have to follow. They kept me in line as a person and helped me to form a Christian worldview and moral guidelines at a young age. Sometimes, the rules seemed unreasonable, but looking back I am very thankful for North Greenville challenging me in these areas. I hope my children will follow in my footsteps.

North Greenville University is a Christian school where Christ is the center of everything. The school's motto, "Where Christ Makes the Difference" stands true. It is very rare for a student to graduate NGU without having felt some sort of change in their life because of Christ. The president of the University is very personal in that he knows every student and gets a hug everytime we see him. The order of his goals are that first we will each know Christ and develop a relationship with Him and second that we graduate and become successful.

Dear Self, It is hard to believe you will be going to North Greenville University next year. For you, it will not be difficult to transition from high school to college. It is easy for you to make friends, and you will do well academically. However, in the midst of seeming as though you have it all together, you will struggle with one important quality: endurance. Although you will make good grades overall, you allow grades below an “A” to bring your confidence down. From one who has been there and done that, allow me to give you some advice. When the grade turns out to be anything less than perfect, take pride in your work because you know you gave it your absolute best effort. It is easy to get discouraged but take pride, hold your head high, and conquer the next assignment. Remember, even the most famous men and women in history were not perfect. They may not be famous for their imperfections, but they are famous for their endurance of overcoming them. So, endure through all those imperfect grades; it will help strengthen you in preparation to face all life’s faults. Sincerely, Me

I brag most about the professors. While preparing for college throughout high school, I was afraid that I would struggle in college because I tend to learn best getting one on one help from my teachers. However, as soon as I came to NGU, that worry soon subsided. The professors here care so much about their students. They are available for extra help at convenient times and even develop a personal relationship with their students. They are always ready and willing to help their students be the best that they can be.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.