Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

Betsy

North Greenville is a Christian school that welcomes you as a family. I grew up in a house that did not drink or do drugs and I was not comfortable being in a "learning enviroment" where that was the main focus.

I am the type of person that has to learn from my mistakes. Honestly, I do not think that I would listen to myself if I could go back in time. But, if I would, I would tell myself to follow my dreams and not be what my parents want me to be, not matter what.

This school is for people whos main concern is not being a social butterfly but want to focus on their education.

Adam

North Greenville University is a great college where you can receive excellent Biblical training as well as a great education from teachers who are very knowledgeable and caring.

I would advise myself to save as much money for college as possible. I would work on making great grades and looking for scholarhips. I would work on being more sociable and feeling more comfortable around people that I don't know. Also, I would be more involved in the community so that I could become very involved in college functions once I made the transition. I would work on getting to know people and not being too trusting of people I don't know well. I would tell myself to work hard and to do the best that I can in all things - in classwork, in relationships, etc. College has been and continues to be a wonderful experience, and I believe if I had known more of these things then the college experience would be even more amazing.

The worst things about NGU is the high price of attendance. It is very expensive, and it would be so much better if the tuition, room, and board could be brought down. I have to do much scholarship hunting, and I've had to take out a loan. The school gives good scholarships, but not enough to help significantly. I don't like having to pay so much to go to a Christian school.

Malorie

I would tell myself and that it is not as scary and overwhelming as it appears. To watch out for deception along the way. And live for God and God alone. He has a better plan even if you don't understand it. He will reveal it just trust Him.

It's more of a community. Everyone knows everyone and helps and cares for everyone. It's a smaller campus so it's easy to get involved and feel like you're apart of something.

I think the worst thing is the boys aren't allowed into the girls dorm room and vice versa. It makes it difficult to just hangout or study.

Pamela

I would say that North Greenville University is best known for its affiliation to the Southern Baptist Convention. They pride themselves on having the number one Baptist Student Union in the state of South Carolina and sending more missionaries than any other university in the state.

Jill, you have had your parents to lead and guide you to help you in your decision making up until this point. Now it is up to you how you will manage your time, choose your friends and handle yourself. Make good decisions. You will be making a lot of very important life decisions over the next ten years and where you choose to go to college is the first of them. Hear your parents out. They have known you your whole life, so do not leave them out of this very important time in your life. Trust yourself. You are on the brink of adult-hood and you are smart enough to make good decisions. The lack of making a decision is making a decision. Lastly, live. Truly live. Do not fear the future, embrace it!

North Greenville Univeristy's motto is "Christ makes the Difference." I can truly say that Christ made the difference in my academic career at North Greenville University. I was required to take Bible classes and follow rules and guidelines that many college students do not have to follow. They kept me in line as a person and helped me to form a Christian worldview and moral guidelines at a young age. Sometimes, the rules seemed unreasonable, but looking back I am very thankful for North Greenville challenging me in these areas. I hope my children will follow in my footsteps.

North Greenville University is a Christian school where Christ is the center of everything. The school's motto, "Where Christ Makes the Difference" stands true. It is very rare for a student to graduate NGU without having felt some sort of change in their life because of Christ. The president of the University is very personal in that he knows every student and gets a hug everytime we see him. The order of his goals are that first we will each know Christ and develop a relationship with Him and second that we graduate and become successful.

Dear Self, It is hard to believe you will be going to North Greenville University next year. For you, it will not be difficult to transition from high school to college. It is easy for you to make friends, and you will do well academically. However, in the midst of seeming as though you have it all together, you will struggle with one important quality: endurance. Although you will make good grades overall, you allow grades below an “A” to bring your confidence down. From one who has been there and done that, allow me to give you some advice. When the grade turns out to be anything less than perfect, take pride in your work because you know you gave it your absolute best effort. It is easy to get discouraged but take pride, hold your head high, and conquer the next assignment. Remember, even the most famous men and women in history were not perfect. They may not be famous for their imperfections, but they are famous for their endurance of overcoming them. So, endure through all those imperfect grades; it will help strengthen you in preparation to face all life’s faults. Sincerely, Me

I brag most about the professors. While preparing for college throughout high school, I was afraid that I would struggle in college because I tend to learn best getting one on one help from my teachers. However, as soon as I came to NGU, that worry soon subsided. The professors here care so much about their students. They are available for extra help at convenient times and even develop a personal relationship with their students. They are always ready and willing to help their students be the best that they can be.

I would describe my classmates as family.

I would describe my classmates as family.

I wish I would have known how great of a school this is. The classes are small and the professors get to know you as an individual person. They are willing to help you with any problems you may have. Students here are like family and will help you with anything as well. I could not ask for anything better.

A bright, encouraging, Godly environment to learn and grow into the person you were created to be.

You need to be motivated and work really hard. You need to push yourself daily to be as successful as possible. And never give up. If you have the opportunity to go to college, you should seize it!

Having a lot of projects at one time, but that's probably because I'm an art major.

Courtney

Classmates are very energertic and ready to learn.

Classmates are very energertic and ready to learn.

Look into a bunch of colleges. Don't just choose one because of the way it looks. Looks can be deceiving. Check into how much each school is willing to give you for financial aid. Start looking at colleges during high school. College is a major decision. Don't take it lightly.

Anybody who wants to serve God in their career should attend North Greenville. Every school has quirks. I love NGU. We are a big family.

Isaac

My college allows people to come in and be comfortable, while still encouraging a consistent study/work ethic.

I would tell myself that the choice I would soon be making about college would be in the top three most important choices I would ever make in my life; therefore, the decision would have to be made wisely and correctly. Although money is certainly a priority in choosing a college, the education that will be received at the chosen college must be my primary factor in my final decision. Also, I would tell myself to research what alumni in my particular major from my optional colleges have gone on and accomplished. I would want to know the difficulty of finding a job those alumni had as well. Finally, I would tell myself to make as wise of a financial decision as possible. If I must take out loans to get through college, the plan would be to be able to pay off those loans within five years upon graduation.

The environment at my school is clearly the best thing about it. The transition from highschool to college is much easier when a person can walk in and feel right at home.

My senior year of high school was great. I managed to maintain involvement in all of the activities I wanted to and was still able to acheive all my goals academically. I am very thankful that amidst all of the stress I never had to compromise what I love most; relationships. That is exactly what I want to encourage current seniors to be careful of. It is hard to recognize just how fleeting our time with certain friends is when we are all looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. In the midst of our excitement for college though, we must make sure that we don't waste the chapter of our lives that we are currently in. Despite all of the promises that we would talk after going to college and that we would visit during breaks from school, there are so many friends that I have not been able to maintain contact with. These aren't just casual friends either. These are people that I spent every day with since kindergarten; people I love. College will bring new groups of friends, so make sure that you take full advantage of the time with your current friends.

I wish I had known how helpful the professors were going to be. I have always heard that professors at most schools do not really care about their students. Therefore, I entered North Greenville with the mindset that I was on my own in my classes. I had no idea that the teachers would be so willing to help the students both in and out of the classroom. Not only do they care about our work in their classes, but they also care about our lives outside of the classroom.

The worst thing about North Greenville is definitely the parking and driving patterns. There is nowhere near enough parking, especially when we have special events that draw in people from the community. Often times I have to drive around for 30 minutes to wait for a parking spot to open beside my dorm. The school also has only one direction for traffic to flow. The only way to drive on campus is to enter a one-way road that drives all the way through campus. Even if you only need to go a short distance, you must drive around campus.

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.