Tigerville, SC
North Greenville University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Greenville University

A bright, encouraging, Godly environment to learn and grow into the person you were created to be.

You need to be motivated and work really hard. You need to push yourself daily to be as successful as possible. And never give up. If you have the opportunity to go to college, you should seize it!

Having a lot of projects at one time, but that's probably because I'm an art major.

Courtney

Classmates are very energertic and ready to learn.

Classmates are very energertic and ready to learn.

Look into a bunch of colleges. Don't just choose one because of the way it looks. Looks can be deceiving. Check into how much each school is willing to give you for financial aid. Start looking at colleges during high school. College is a major decision. Don't take it lightly.

Anybody who wants to serve God in their career should attend North Greenville. Every school has quirks. I love NGU. We are a big family.

Isaac

My college allows people to come in and be comfortable, while still encouraging a consistent study/work ethic.

I would tell myself that the choice I would soon be making about college would be in the top three most important choices I would ever make in my life; therefore, the decision would have to be made wisely and correctly. Although money is certainly a priority in choosing a college, the education that will be received at the chosen college must be my primary factor in my final decision. Also, I would tell myself to research what alumni in my particular major from my optional colleges have gone on and accomplished. I would want to know the difficulty of finding a job those alumni had as well. Finally, I would tell myself to make as wise of a financial decision as possible. If I must take out loans to get through college, the plan would be to be able to pay off those loans within five years upon graduation.

The environment at my school is clearly the best thing about it. The transition from highschool to college is much easier when a person can walk in and feel right at home.

My senior year of high school was great. I managed to maintain involvement in all of the activities I wanted to and was still able to acheive all my goals academically. I am very thankful that amidst all of the stress I never had to compromise what I love most; relationships. That is exactly what I want to encourage current seniors to be careful of. It is hard to recognize just how fleeting our time with certain friends is when we are all looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. In the midst of our excitement for college though, we must make sure that we don't waste the chapter of our lives that we are currently in. Despite all of the promises that we would talk after going to college and that we would visit during breaks from school, there are so many friends that I have not been able to maintain contact with. These aren't just casual friends either. These are people that I spent every day with since kindergarten; people I love. College will bring new groups of friends, so make sure that you take full advantage of the time with your current friends.

I wish I had known how helpful the professors were going to be. I have always heard that professors at most schools do not really care about their students. Therefore, I entered North Greenville with the mindset that I was on my own in my classes. I had no idea that the teachers would be so willing to help the students both in and out of the classroom. Not only do they care about our work in their classes, but they also care about our lives outside of the classroom.

The worst thing about North Greenville is definitely the parking and driving patterns. There is nowhere near enough parking, especially when we have special events that draw in people from the community. Often times I have to drive around for 30 minutes to wait for a parking spot to open beside my dorm. The school also has only one direction for traffic to flow. The only way to drive on campus is to enter a one-way road that drives all the way through campus. Even if you only need to go a short distance, you must drive around campus.

My classmates are the best. They all have a very Christ like attitude towards everyone. I have only been at the universty for one semester, but from my point of view everyone is very well mannered.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, and honstly know about college the way I do now I would have probably learned more about other colleges and what they offered. I would have really asked my self how far am i willing to be from my family and friends. North Greenville being a private Christian school they have so many rules that you have to follow. I would have really talked to myself and asked is this really the school that i want to attend, somewhere that not even my dad can come into my doorm and visit. When I got ecepted to NGU I just settled with it instead of having my opitions open. I look back now and wish I would have really search and prayed to where I really need to go.

To attend North Greenville Universty you would want to be the type of person that is a Christian. You have to be willing to listen and dig into God's word. Also the type of person that doesnt drink or smoke. You also need to have the understanding that the universtiy is a Christian private school.

Ana

I think we should make the most of the time to train and become better people every day, because the power is in knowledge and this makes a difference in the lives of people. Never too late to start and do the right thing with our lives for a better future, we must constantly study and pursue a better future for humanity

Sloane

North Greenville is a Christ centered University which is shown in every aspect on campus, from sports to class rooms. The president & teachers remember you and make it a point to encourage and help you daily. There is such a large variety of students from around the world, helping you view the lives of people all over the world. Everyone is friendly and caring. The feeling of being in such a friendly, encouraging, loving environment makes you feel so at home and comfortable. Christ really has made a difference at North Greenville and that is why it is so unique.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, knowing what do now about transitioning into college life I would tell myself do not let fear hold you back, be more outgoing and open to making new friends. I would say come into it standing strong in your beliefs and values but be willing to accept others as well because everyone is different. Be caring and willing to listen because you will find even some of your best friends come from very difficult backwards. It is important not to let people hold you back from dreams and goals you have set. Figure out who you are and do not let others determine that. Planners are your best friend, figure that out fast! Once you know your schedule each semester use your time wisely. Make time to focus on your studies and to have fun, get that down and things will go smoothly. This will help you not to procrastinate, saving you some stress. Do not forget where you come from, be yourself, give your studies your best because that is why you are there and are paying for, enjoy it and laugh alot, it helps release stress!

One thing I wish I would have known before attending North Greenville is more about college scholarships, loans/grants and financial aid. Being the first college I attended, I was not very ignorant to the total cost and expenses I was getting into. Being the first person to go to college in my home, we were not really sure how to go about all the many details of college. Had I known the total expense differences of private and public schools, I would have applied for more scholarships so I would not have to take out as many loans.

Be social and don't get wrapped up in your major. Music education is a hard and time consuming major but you still need to have friends and you still need to have fun. You will have friends in college but make sure you keep them close, you will need them and it is ok if they pick on you, they all love you. Make sure you don't let others get in the way of you doing the best that you can, especially when it come to practicing your flute (including other flute players). You will do great. You always do, but if you don't thats ok, God has a plan.

A person that loves to party, drink, do drugs, or have sex. Those things are not allowed on campus or off campus. If you are caught doing any of them you risk being kicked out of school.

Very stong Christian environment. I love the mountains that surround the campus. The teachers are wonderful and are always willing to help, most even go out of there way to help their students succeed.

Holly

North Greenville University is a school that offers opputunities of academic success, preparation for the work force, and lifelong friendships!

My classmates are extremely passionate to learn and a great support system to one another.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and I knew what I know about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to stay focused and remeber my main goal's for going to college. I would mention to stay focused because college life coming from high school can be challenging and overwhelming. I would also mention to remember my main goal's for going to college which are getting an education, finding my passion for becoming an educator, and making lifelong friendships because personally that is my main purpose. So far, this advice has done well for me at North Greenville University. I am earning a well deserved education, as a junior, I am so thrilled to only have two more years left until I become a teacher and I have met amazing people who I look forward to cherishing their friendships the rest of my life!

David

A place where Jesus is evident and people care about you.

A place where Jesus is evident and people care about you.

I have been very impressed with the student body here at North Greenville. There is alot of respect and honor among the students. Guys hold the doors for ladies, people speak kindly to each other, and most everyone that I have met here is very friendly. Alot of people here love Jesus and that is a great encouragement to me! I love the people here.

Haha, this is probably pretty unusual but I would say to myself, "Keep seeking God and walk in the fullness of Him, He will take you into to the places He desires. Trust in Him and don't worry about what lies ahead, He already knows the plans He has for you. Keep on seeking Him and spending time with Him so that all that He has for your life will be completed and fulfilled because that is His promise."

North Greenville University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.