North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

The worst thing about North Greenville is definitely the parking and driving patterns. There is nowhere near enough parking, especially when we have special events that draw in people from the community. Often times I have to drive around for 30 minutes to wait for a parking spot to open beside my dorm. The school also has only one direction for traffic to flow. The only way to drive on campus is to enter a one-way road that drives all the way through campus. Even if you only need to go a short distance, you must drive around campus.

The cafeteria choices are not very conducive to providing many options for those with food allergies and/or vegetarians. The food also seems to have less nourishing vitamins than the food we're used to at home. A good number of students have to supplement their meal plan with food they purchase with their own hard-earned money because they're not getting enough nutrients and several are losing weight unhealthily because the food options given them with their allergies are not very edible.

I'd have to say that being there is amazing and it's own little community, however it is in the base of the smoky mountains and a good distance from stores and towns! If you wanted to make a trip to a local grocery store or place to work or live off-campus, it would be at least a 30 minute drive! I'd love to see the school community continue to grow in order to provide more in these basic needs as well!

The worst things about NGU is the high price of attendance. It is very expensive, and it would be so much better if the tuition, room, and board could be brought down. I have to do much scholarship hunting, and I've had to take out a loan. The school gives good scholarships, but not enough to help significantly. I don't like having to pay so much to go to a Christian school.

That the college is not really open to other ideas based outside of the Southern Baptist beliefe. The university in itself is very conservative, they do however, have some liberal (ie Democratic club). You will be kicked out of the school for drinking and having sex and you will be counseled for smoking. They try to preserve their Christian hertiage, which is perfectly fine.

The most unfavorable thing about my school is its location. It is located in the hilly area of Greenville and the campus was built on top of a small hill. To get anywhere around campus everyone has to climb a myriad of hills. It is very time consuming and strenuous to "hike" everywhere I go on campus, no matter if it is raining, snowing, or freezing cold outside.

The worst thing about North Greenville Universtity is probably the facilities that North Greenville provides. Although we are going through big renovations for many of the buildings, North Greenville doesn't provide a whole lot to happy about. As a softball player, the softball facilities are not where they need to be also.

I think the worse thing about NGU is the set meal plan for students living on campus. I feel like students should have the option to choose how many meals they will actually eat instead of having only one plan they must pay for. I work every night so I always missed the dinner on campus, yet I still was paying for it.

I consider the worst thing about my school being some of the old dorms. They aren't in great shape. There are also many small buildings on campus such as the library and the cafeteria. I know North Greenville is a small campus, but some of these buildings, I think, should be a little bigger and in better shape.

One thing that is a downside to NGU is the way that things are run. There is a lot of efficiency issues within the school's administration. Another negative thing is the amount of rules that are pushed upon the student. The rules make college here seem more like high school and a glorified baby-sitting service.