North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

I would tell myself to choose college wisely. It is expensive and you want to get as much out of it as possible. Research your possibilities and find the best match for your personality, budget and learning style. Save as much money as possible because tuition is not the only cost to college. There are lots of "hidden" costs such as fees, travel expenses, day-to-day expenses, books...

I would remind myself that what you do with your education in high school will effect the rest of your career. If you do not apply yourself in high school, you will have a rough time when you get to college. Also, learn your study habits now, its hard to buckel down when you get to college if you did not do it in high school, there is way more distractions in college.

I feel as if going to college has been a huge growing experience to me. I have learned even more to be independent and self-reliant, respectively. On top of all of the educational benefits that I continue to experience, I feel as though the social, spiritual, and financial lessons learned will stick with me even longer than those I have learned in the classroom.

I would say learn to study and create a personalized way to prioritize and organize schoolwork. In addition I would tell myself to relax. College is a wonderful opportunity, nothing to be afraid of, but at the same time something that should be mentally prepared for. In all honesty there was nothing particularly outstanding that i should have done differently .

Do not wait until the last minute to get all the paperwork done! I would tell myself that North Greenville is where I want to go and make sure I got all my FAFSA paperwork finalized quickly, that way I wouldn't have missed the Tuition Scholarship by 8 days. That way I could have started the year off on campus and the transition would have been much easier.

The advise I would give myself is this: Be sure to pick a college that has an environment that shares your morals, values, and especially Christianity. Be wise about choosing a college that has a variety a majors because you will most likely change your major a couple times. Also be sure there is good financial aid and scholarships available.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would most likely advice myself to start working on scholarships and finacial aid earlier. I would tell myself that even though I know it takes time it is worth it, because there are much fewer scholarships offerred once you are no longer a junior or senior in high school.

Go to the college that fits your personal best and fits what you want to do in life, do not settle, choose the college that is right for you. Remember it is the student's college experience so they need to be the one that decides the school that is right for them. Do not give up hope, the school for you is just around the corner.

I would tell myself not to wait to go to college and to go as fast as I could. My ignorance has put me in many bad situations in the past. I have matured over the years and I now share with my fellow classmates the mistakes I made in my past and I encourage them not to make the same mistakes that I did when I was their age.

I would advise myself to begin taking actual classes at North Greenville. Since I took Advanced Placement classes in high school, I felt prepared, and I was but I would have like to know the routine of normal classes before going in the fall. There is not many things that I would change. It was a great learning experience.