North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

My senior year of high school was great. I managed to maintain involvement in all of the activities I wanted to and was still able to acheive all my goals academically. I am very thankful that amidst all of the stress I never had to compromise what I love most; relationships. That is exactly what I want to encourage current seniors to be careful of. It is hard to recognize just how fleeting our time with certain friends is when we are all looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. In the midst of our excitement for college though, we must make sure that we don't waste the chapter of our lives that we are currently in. Despite all of the promises that we would talk after going to college and that we would visit during breaks from school, there are so many friends that I have not been able to maintain contact with. These aren't just casual friends either. These are people that I spent every day with since kindergarten; people I love. College will bring new groups of friends, so make sure that you take full advantage of the time with your current friends.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, knowing what do now about transitioning into college life I would tell myself do not let fear hold you back, be more outgoing and open to making new friends. I would say come into it standing strong in your beliefs and values but be willing to accept others as well because everyone is different. Be caring and willing to listen because you will find even some of your best friends come from very difficult backwards. It is important not to let people hold you back from dreams and goals you have set. Figure out who you are and do not let others determine that. Planners are your best friend, figure that out fast! Once you know your schedule each semester use your time wisely. Make time to focus on your studies and to have fun, get that down and things will go smoothly. This will help you not to procrastinate, saving you some stress. Do not forget where you come from, be yourself, give your studies your best because that is why you are there and are paying for, enjoy it and laugh alot, it helps release stress!

I cannot even begin to explain all that I have received out of my college experience at North Greenville. First and foremost, I have accepted Christ as my personal Savior and Lord. This has impacted my life in an amazing way! I cannot describe it. If I try, it wouldn't do justice. I know now why I was supposed to attend North Greenville and I am eternally grateful. I was going to be a music business major at another university and I felt a pull towards North Greenville. When I began to attend, I dropped the music part and became a business major. I realized my passion for business and marketing which is now my major. I have also gotten involved in Campus Ambassadors and this gives me the opportunity to share my experiences with prospective students all the time. I love this university and it has impacted me throughout my life since when my dad went there over 15 years ago. I have Jesus Christ, the best friends in the entire world, and am getting the best education.i love this university. I feel it has been valuable for these reasons and so many more.

The best advice I could give myself as a high school senior is if I want to get a job, I need to get more involved in the local community through volunteer opportunities and be friendly with everyone because it will open career paths. I would also need to pursue getting my license by the end of the school year because it gives me a world of freedom. I need to value the time I spend with my friends and spend even more time with them because after high school I will lose contact with them. I also need to apply for part time jobs around the city because it will help pay for college expenses. I would also tell myself to cut my hair, study vigorously, and listen to my grandparents when they give me advice about how to act in a professional setting because it all makes college life a lot less stressful. The advice I would give myself would seem unimportant and cliché, but in reality, the small changes in a person's actions and involvement can mean the difference between achieving success and wondering why no one will hire you, talk to you, or help you.

Don't worry about how you're struggling mentally and phsyically. You don't have a learning disorder, you don't have depression or bipolar disorder like everyone is suggesting. You actually have a condition called Chronic Lyme Disease, which you will find out in the years to come! I'm saying this to validate you - don't let it scare you! It is actually going to be one of the most helpful tools in your life to bring about the realization of what's truly important in life! It will help you begin on your path not only toward personal health, but aid others along their way as well. It is going to be a platform to launch you into a passion for nutrition and mission's trips to help others who are less fortunate in other countries. You've done great so far, kept a high GPA, and whatever you do - never give up now. Things will become clearer in time, I promise. And every step along this journey to come, however difficult, is going to be life-changing and serve an amazing purpose, helping you be the person you are called to be! Keep believing!

Know thy self. You must see what works best. If you are not a selfish person, you must learn to be one. Take this time to learn how to teach yourself the material set in front of you. Know that when you are done, your friends, family, and everyone else in your life will be there when you get back from this awesome journey. This is not a race, go at your own pace. If you think about how long the average person lives, four, five, or even ten years of school is nothing. I’m 28 years old, I started college when I was 25, and I’m still going strong. Keep yourself healthy, mentally and physically. It will benefit you in the long run. Never take the easy path. Learn instead. The stuff that you learn early will help make it easy in the end. If you get frustrated, change subjects, and keep moving forward. Make new friends for networking only. Sit in the front. Or at most two or three seats back. Don’t be afraid of your professors, there obligated to help you, it’s their job. Lastly, know that people change and so will you.

My college experience has really enriched my life in many ways. It has given me the knowledge that I can do great things with my life, create a solid foundation for my future family, it has made me a more well-rounded person, and i've become more aware of the world and people around me. This past semester I took geography and I learned a lot about our world, how it functions, and about how we contribute to the condition of the world around us. It has made me more aware of everything going on around me and made me more concious of the things that I do that can affect other people and our enviroment. I am taking psychology this upcoming semester as well and I am looking forward to learning about people and how we function. Understanding is the key to acceptance and love. In my opinion, that is one of the most vital parts in being a human being. School helps you with that and is such an incredibly vital part of anyone's life experience. It makes you well-rounded, aware, and more able to contribute to the world in a positive way.

I would tell myself that time management is a crutial skill that needs to be mastered. Also that the first couple of weeks or even the first semester is overwhelming, BUT not impossible. I would tell myself to just take a deep breath and tackle the obsticles that were to come and not to crumble. Also I would tell myself not to make myself stressed with class work, but to work efficently and diligently and everything would work out fine. Another skill is to not be afraid to make friends and go up to people and form new relationships, because these relationships can truly make a difference. Friends can help you study for those classes that are harder, and also provide you with a stress relief. Yes the academics are important, but it is also important not to get stuck in them because we need to learn to be social so we know how to tackle the real world once we enter it. We need to know how to construct relationships with those we work with so we can better our work. Two people can accomplish a lot more than just one alone.

Being apart of North Greenville University has prepared me for my future. Being apart of a Christian school has taught me to understand and know what it is I believe in. I have become bolder in my thoughts and understandings of my beliefs and am able to explain why I do believe in God. I also have been apart of Impact Teams, which help the community of Greenville, SC. Through working with people of the community, I have learned the importance of helping others and enjoying the joy that I recieve from helping those in need. I volunteer at an elementary school to work with children of all ages and I love how spending time with them makes them so happy. I have also developed life long friendships and cherish them. I moved around growing up and never had many friends. At college, this is my home, my place, and I finally feel settled surrounded by my new friends. College has changed my outlook on life, and has brought me joy. I feel that I am prepared to go into the world with boldness, humblity, and friendships.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to continue working hard in school and continue doing extracurricular activities like playing sports and volunteering because it really does all pay off when you get to college. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships my senior year of high school because scholarships are extremely important in affording a higher education. However, I would also tell myself to have fun and make life long memories. My advice would include to spend as much time as I can with my best friends and make sure to stay in touch with them so they don't drift away once college starts. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be serious about my future, but to also have fun and make memories because they become so important and special once you have moved on to a new life surrounded by new friends. Those relationships and memories back home will always be the most important in your life, especially while you're away.