North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

I began attending college in the fall of 2010. Thus far, I have grown a lot as a person. My relationship with God has been strengthened at North Greenville. I have a opportunity to be around other Christians my age. I have been able to develop many relationships. I am able to talk with my friends about important things and they are there for me. It is valuable for me to attend college because it is helping me get closer to getting a degree. I am pursing a degree in psychology. North Greenville has been good for me because it gives a Christian and world view perspective of the psychology field. I am grateful for the opportunities I have at North Greenville and am privileged to attend the school.

Now is the time for a change. No more fooling around in highschool with drama and relationships and friendships that don't matter and are petty. College is where life really happens. This is where you get ready for your career. This is where you meet the friends you will have forever. This is where you really have to make important decisions and choose carefully. It's time to mature and know that you are now an adult. Get ready to have fun, but to remember your responsibilities as well. A wave of fun and work and play is about to wash over you. Get ready for it. Make sure you plan and prioritize. That will be the solution to many problems you may have. Get ready to have the time of your life!

When choosing a school, students and parents should look for a place where the student will feel at home. This means that the student and parent must first decide the type of school they are looking for in the areas of class size, geographic location, religious affiliation (if applicable), areas of study, and student values. It is important for the student to observe students at potential colleges to see if they can picture themselves at that school. To make the most out of the college experience, the student should get involved in campus activities to feel apart of the community and make friends. A successful college experience is one in which the student grows academically, socially, and personally.

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to pay attention. A lot of material that I have learned in college could have been a review for me if I would have just payed attention in class. Also, If I would have payed attention and done my work, my GPA would have been higher. I wish that I could go back and tell myself to enjoy time with my friends, but also to take my school work seriously. I wish that I could go back and change all of those late nights out with the cheerleaders or basketball team to late nights of studying. Those nights were fun, but they didn't last. Putting my very best foot forward in all of my school work though, that would have lasted a lifetime.

My college experience at NGU has taught me a lot and helped me grow as a person. Attending NGU helped put into perspective my goals and dreams. I realized how hard life can be and how to deal with being knocked down. In a matter of two semesters I have brought my GPA from a 1.8 to a 2.714. Seeing my GPA so low after what I thought had been a hard-work filled semester at the end of freshmen year really knocked my dreams to the ground. This experience proved to be very valuable. It taught me to set goals and standards and to fight as hard as I could to fulfill them. My college experience at NGU, though not the easiest, has proven valuable in teaching me how to be a strong leader and to reach my goals.

Being at North Greenville University has been a great asset to my life. I have connected with several internship opportunities that could turn into jobs. My professors want me to succeed and are willing to connect me to industry professionals in their networks. Student Services provides a wealth of activities, but I choose to spend my free time with friends just hanging out and having fun, like a trip downtown or to the movies. Our security force ensures a safe campus 24/7. The president even walks around campus and will give you a hug and ask you how your day is going! The atmosphere is just incredible. I am excited about graduation because I look forward to what my education will do for me.

Hey Amanda, I see you're stressing as exams are coming up ... don't! It's all going to be over soon, girl, and you will have survived. School is hard, but so much fun, and tests are just a small part of the college experience. Be sure and use wise time management, focusing on studying while still getting out with friends having fun. Treasure these memories, make the most of your days, but don't be stupid. Don't slack off and procrastinate on that big project, don't stay out until three every morning, and don't sleep through class. Take initiative and learn something! Also, be sure and talk with your professors - that's what they are there for. They want to help you, so let them! Have fun, Amanda!!!

I have learned a lot from being in college at North Greenville University. Not only academically but also how to live independently and take care of my own problems and needs as I live life on my own away from my family. I am become more confident as life goes on and I'm learning so much every single day. Sometimes it's through hard experiences, but other times I am able to learn through other people's mistakes. Which is of course a good thing. I feel like I can become even closer to God while I'm being surrounded by other Christian and people going through the exact same thing I am. It's encouraging and uplifting to have good quality friends surrounding you on campus and off.

I would tell myself to try everything that the campus has to offer. Don't let the actions of others affect you and make your own path to follow. Make sure you stick to your guns and don't let people mess with you. Take pride in what you have done and what you will do. Don't be afraid to talk to someone new and make new friends. Also, don't be afriad of the teachers. They want to help you achive everything in your field and will make sure you do your best as long as you work for it. Make your dorm as homie as possible, you will be spending a lot of time there! Don't let the little things bug you. Get connected with a church and get involved. Just have fun and do your best.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would have told myself to embrace every moment of my college years. The time you spend study is important, no doubt. However, the time you spend interacting and making new friends is just as important, if not, more so. The friends I made in college are my eternal friends; and friends I will always cherish. In order to be successful in college, I believe students must learn to balance their time. The transition from a high school senior to a freshman in college can be made much easier if a multitude of friends and relationships are created from the onset. This I would enourage for any college freshman.