North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

I would tell them to examine all aspects of the college. Make sure you talk to students of all different majors, different classes, different professors, and the different jobs available. Make sure you know that the particular college your looking at is the absolute right one for you! There isn't any taking it back, so just be sure. Another thing you may want to do, is get all of your general education classes out of the way at a technical school, where it will cost less and you could save your money for the big 4 year school. It would also minimize the amount of loans you need to get in the long run! But also, don't forget to have fun in college!

i have learned to be more independent and trust on God for all my needs. considering this is a christan campus the staff really stress getting closer to God. attending this college has been valuable because i have learned so much about the real world and leaning on God. for example, the real world does not wait on you to turn in your assignments. the real world does not allow room for irrisposibility when something needs to be taken care of. by attending this university i have learned to grow up and that is a valuable lesson i have learned by attening this university, along with trusting that God will always provide, either now or later.

I would tell myself to stay focused on my school work and dont put sports before my education. When I was in high school my main focus was football and getting a scholarship for football. Sadly I was dissapointed when i didnt get a scholaship for football and was dismayed about going to college. Luckly i had a 3.6 gpa and a good SAT score that allowed me to get into North Greenville and many other colleges without any struggle. Being in college taught me responsiblities and time managment that i wish i had in high school, so i would tell myself to balance my time and use it wisely and make the smart decisions in and out of the classroom.

I would tell myself to do the exact same thing I chose the first time and I would not regret it one bit. I love the college and although there are things that I would change about the campus I know there is no where else I would belong. I have visited alot of other colleges to see friends throughout this semester and although I love going to the bigger colleges and having a good time there is no way I would like to be a student there. There are always people there to help or just hang out at north greenville and I would tell myself of the way the campus and faculty makes me feel more at home when I am there than I could ever imagine.

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself as I high school senior, I would tell myself that all the social life things I think matter do not. Nobody cares about your new shoes, or the type of car you have. People really do grow up in college; People are very concerned about their futures and what it takes to make it, which means there are fewer people to trust. When it comes down to it, everyone is in college for to better their own lives and they won't let anyone get in the way of that. I would also tell myself to focus on myself and no one else because it is easy to get drawn into the wrong crowd if I focus on other peole.

Forget anything you thought was "cool", "accecpting", or generally a popular move and throw it out of the window. This is not the place to waste time or recources. You have now reached the place in which the time to study and apply yourself have come to fruition. You have one objective and that is succeed. To leaave this place knowing that you have given it your absolute best and having achived the best possible grade in an honest fashion. This is the time to prove youself to you and no one else. Their opinion has no weight after you leave here. Just do what you are instructed to do and keep your nose down. All will be fine.

The transition from the shelter of high school with all of its comforts often taken for grantid to the uncertain college life full of doubts and fears is always intimidating. I was no exception. The atmosphere of love and unity among the students and faculty found at North Greenville University has taken the shocking, icy awakening of the unknowns of college life out of the maturing experience. The loving spirit of North Greenville not only gave me confidence in my academics, but also confidence in who i am as a man of Christ. North Greenville has encouraged me to view maturity as a new life, not a step away from freedom.

Knowing what I know now, if I were able to go back and talk to myself in high school, there are a few things I would tell myself. First of all, I would tell myself to never settle for less. I know that caught up in the moment, we are just ready to get out of school, but with higher grades, we have more room for success. I would tell myself to push hard all the way until the end. I would also tell myself not to worry about popularity. In the end, being the most popular doesn't really count for anything except self-pride. I would tell myself to keep my head held high and not let the little petty things get me down.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to study harder, and to quit goofing off. I would tell myself to grow up a bit more because at college you are on your own, with no one to tell you when to do this or when to do that. I would tell myself to learn better study and time management skills. Also I would definitely work harder to save up for a car; being on campus 3 hours from home without a car is not ideal. Oh, I would say to bring more snacks for your dorm room, and don’t over pack, cause the dorm is smaller than how it appears in pics online.

If I could go back to my high school years and tell myself how to prepare for the college experience, I would tell myself to not commit to a degree until I was completely sure of the area that I wanted to study. I would have started with only general education requirements and let myself acclimate to the university without stressing out about what my major would be. Then after taking those first classes and settling into campus life and the difference between high school class work and college class work, I would focus in on finding out what I felt was the best area of study for me.