North Greenville University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Greenville University

Baylin

I love North Greenville University. I really enjoy my professors and love my English classes. I feel I have selected the right major for me and enjoy my major specific classes. I feel safe on campus and enjoy my room mate and my suite mates. My dorm is cozy.

Peter

North Greenville University is a beautiful school. Located in the mountains, the sunsets are beautiful. The professors are super accessible! This has been an enormous help for those difficult classes. The price to attend NGU is quite high, but as long as your GPA is above 3.0, there are some pretty sizable scholarships that the school will award you with.

madison

i go there for Fuge Camps i love it and i love the food i love the university and a good place to go

Ashlyn

I love being a part of NGU. I feel very connected with the campus, friends, professors and even the employees such as maintenance and the cafeteria workers. I have been able to get involved with a volunteer organization called Campus Ambassadors, which helps out the admissions department with tours and reaching out with prospective students. It has been so good for me as I know many faces on campus, and have a family within the department. I am thankful to be at NGU and look forward to another year.

Jamie

I love this school. The advisers and teachers are amazing and more than willing to help you with anything that you need. I had a lot of questions when I first started and nothing that I asked went unanswered or solved. I definitely made a great choice when choosing this school.

Avery

North Greenville University is my 2nd home from home. It is the best university in the world. All of my professors are always there to make sure that I am learning the material the right way and they are also they to make sure I am not struggling with anything. Also, they always ask how my day is going and if I am ok. NGU is filled with so many awesome and amazing people, teachers, staff, etc. NGU is a Christian Private School so everybody has a Christian mindset which is what drew me there besides there being a music school. I get to express my feelings and talents through God's Grace and NGU has allowed me to do that! I am very thankful for North Greenville and all of it's memories that I have made up there so far!

Tylere

I am very satisfied with how NGU has presented itself during my freshman seminar. My first impression of the college was already on the positive side. The university proved itself to exceed my expectations. This university is everything that I always wanted from a university. Even more I only hope this university will grow even bigger in the future. This was my opinion at first, however, as I spent more time there I realize the whole place was awful. The food is terrible and does not have variety. The dorms are falling apart and the bathrooms are disgusting. Paint is peeling off the walls and ceilings. The beds are uncomfortable and nasty in the corners. The windows can easily be opened and have no locks on them. The school devoid the students of any fun that can had. The school is overpriced and charges more each year. The campus enhancements are joke and should just be called maintenance because they enhance nothing , but their wallets. It is awful and do not recommend it for anybody interested in a Christian University.

Tae'lor

NGU is a fantastic Christian School. I love the Christian environment, and I love the Music department. Our campus is safe, our campus security officers are friendly, and students have a variety of campus activities to engage in. NGU is a great school for everyone!

Peyton

North Greenville University is known for "Where Christ makes a difference." Classes are small enough that students have an opportunity to get to know each other and faculty is always available for students. Faculty and students are seen walking across the campus in conversation that may be relevant to the class or they are just having a friendly conversation. The atmosphere is friendly among all who work and attend NGU. North Greenville offers high academic standards that challenge the students to study and research harder so they will be successful in their education. The campus has a magnificent view of the North Carolina mountains. No matter where you sit, stand or walk on campus God's artistic handiwork is seen everywhere.

Morgan

I love NGU. The campus is small so everyone knows everyone. Academics are super important, and due to the small size, professors are easily accessible. Professors also meet for personal reasons as well, they aren't limited to academic help, and I enjoy that. North Greenville is a wonderful environment to learn in.

Cailyn

I LOVE this school! The professors are always available and they go above and beyond to meet student needs. The campus is a great size and while it could use with some "fixing up", the facilities are relatively up to date. The class sizes are small and offer many opportunities for one-on-one attention from the professors. The food isn't great, but downtown Greenville is 30 minutes away with tons of restaurants and shops. There's also Haywood mall within 30 minutes. I highly recommend this school and would not even considering attending anywhere else.

Courtney

It's a Christian university that welcome everyone with open arms. The classes are small and the professors genuinely care about the students and their well being inside and outside the classroom. There are about 3500 students so everyone knows everybody and are all friendly and care about each other. There are a multitude of different things to do on campus that makes up for the fact that the campus is in the middle of a rural town in South Carolina. Over all a great school.

Leah

I loved my time at North Greenville University! It was a great education, with solid Christian perspectives, and great professors. North Greenville's motto is "Where Christ Makes a Difference" and I believe that they live up to that name. They are focused on missions and taking the name of Christ to the nations.

Stephen

North Greenville is growing college in the area of Greenville. The professors seem to take their time with the students and they actually want to see them prosper and to achieve more in their lives. One thing that definitely stood out to me the most is the fact that the professors try and help you grow religiously.

Graham

I have enjoyed my first semester at North Greenville University. I knew going into this next chapter of my life that this school had plenty of things to offer that drew me to apply. I love the small class size because not only can I connect with classmates, but I can establish a relationship with my professors. It is also a great experience to wake up and get a fantastic view of the Appalachian Mountains in the background of my school. It never gets old. I also get the chance to be a college athlete, as I am part of our men's soccer team. We take our athletic programs very seriously, so NGU athletes are always working hard on the field and in the classroom to get better in every way. I have been blessed to meet so many amazing people I get to call my friends as well! The Christian environment just puts the cherry on top, because having a God-centered education makes my college experience so great and unique.

Levie

NGU has excellent academics and professors. The campus is small and beautiful, located only thirty minutes away from Downtown Greenville. There are beautiful mountains to hike towards within miles of the school, and on a clear day, the view from the school is breathtaking. They have a wide variety of majors and truly care about their students.

McKenna

I love North Greenville University for several reasons. It is extremely safe for one thing, the campus police are constantly patrolling. The professors are incredibly invested in their students, and always willing to answer questions and help. The other thing I love is the students. They are all very serious about their education. We have fun, but things never get out of hand! Also, the Blue Ridge Mountains surrounding the campus provide lots of hiking. This is great for your mental health!

Marlee

North Greenville is a Baptist liberal arts institution. The school makes this very evident in the activities that are required for students to attend. As a student, you must get four semesters of "cultural event" credit. Cultural events are like concerts and plays and lectures. That is the evident liberal arts part of the school. The Baptist part of the school is the required eight semesters of chapel credits. Chapel is an actual letter grade as opposed to the pass/fail grade that cultural events are. The school has excellent sports programs. All of our sports are NCAA Division II. Our football team is in the Gulf South Conference, and all the other sports are in Conference Carolinas. Our men's volleyball team and our track team competes against Division I schools. The academics are amazing on campus. Our sports management major has a 99% job offer rate before graduation. Our education program has a 100% job offer rate for placement before graduation. The nursing program at North Greenville is in partnership with Clemson University. Nursing students will spend three years at North Greenville and then will automatically be accepted into Clemson's nursing program.

Taylor Rose

I love this school to pieces. I love the teachers, and the classes are really small in size, so you can always get your professors alone if you need to. One of my proffessors, Dr. Looper, is often tutoring students in the writing lab whenever she has free time in the morning, that's how dedicated the faculty are.