North Hennepin Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Hennepin Community College

Pashia

My overall opinion about North Hennepin is that it is average. Many professors are harsh graders and have low reviews. It is usually hard to join in clubs or organizations and attend regular meetings of clubs because the buildings are usually closed early. Services provided usually takes a long time an average of about one to two weeks to get back.

Madison

It is a very good school where teachers help you succeed not just get the grades. The atmosphere is welcoming and the classes are not kick your butt/kill you hard (generally). Campus is well layed out and in great condition. Classes are around 20-30 students so it is very easy to get one to one contact if you need.

Lindsay

I am enjoying the fact they have night classes. I have been enjoying the people I am meeting at campus. It seems most of the employees I have met are aimed to help me achieve what I am trying to do through the school. Very friendly environment and comfortable setting.

Khadija

It's a great school to get your associate's at and then transfer to a 4 year university for. I'm attending because the thought of being waist deep in thousands of dollars of debt right out of high school is terrifying. It's a good school overall, if you pick the right professors and use resources like RMP you will end up with great, caring educators. However, the other faculty and stuff (financial aid office, advising etc) could use some working on. It's hard to expect anything to get done, especially in terms of paperwork and what not. A bit unfortunate considering how awesome some of the educators can be.

Campus size is amazing and the buildings are connected so you do not have to freeze walking from building to building. The professors are so friendly and want to help you succeed in school and in life. Campus is five minutes from town, so there is also restaurants in town instead of eating on campus. I definitely would come back if I ever go back to school to get another degree.

Nathan

To me I love the school. I’m glad I found it, I believe that this school is probably one of the best bang for your buck type of schools.

Symone

This is my second year at North Hennepin and it has been good to me. The summer classes I took were vital to my success and they provided great availability for them! Most of the professors are extremely approachable and helpful. Of course there are a few that are "know-it-alls" or annoying, but overall it's a great place to jump-start your education.

Iris

The teachers and advisors are very nice. Everyone is helpful and friendly. I feel safe everywhere I go. The campus center food is okay, could be cheaper but overall it's alright. The campus is very large, classrooms are large and students are not crammed into one small room. There are lots of places to study and be tutored, and also to sit around and relax.

I absolutely love it there! The professors are great! I have not one bad thing to say. The science staff are 100% hands on and the professor in all areas are always there to help. Class sizes are nice and small, allowing the student to get to know the professor and receive guidence in and outside of the classroom.

Syrichgy

We may be a community college and to some, they may look down upon us. That doesn't determine who we are. North Hennepin is way better than any other college that I've visited. The staffs are all kind and intriguing. The activities that we host on campus creates bonds. The class sizes aren't overwhelming at all. There is maybe 15 to a class or the most being 30. Not to mention, the tuition is affordable. A semester a student could spend a total between $1500 to $4000. More than 3/4 of what you'll be paying a university school. I've been proud to be at NHCC. It feels more like a family or a big group than a college. There are is also many opportunities to be involved with the school and no one gets left out. It gets students to interact with the school, with the community, and with the school. Now, we may be a community college but I believe we're even stronger than a university.

Sade

I think it’s a really great school I love the diversity it has to offer. It’s very up to date on its technology in on their architect around the school. Although I wish they provided student housing. I also wish that they would go more into depth with classes you don’t need to take particularly math, they go by so fast and they expect you to take in all this information and just take a test

Saulliat

North Hennepin Community College is a prestigious college which takes every student interest at heart. They have so many helpful resources which can help students be successful throughout their college journey . They do a lot of awareness event for the students and also have a good partnership with other 2 or 4 year colleges.

Mercedes

I am extremely proud to be part of the North Hennepin Community College family. The on-campus resources they have are amazing, including a free health clinic, game room, computer labs, and amazing food. The bookstore has so many things that can be used for classes that are priced very reasonably. Classes are paced well and have good amounts of work. I absolutely love my professors and this college is so focused on helping their students succeed. The campus is small-ish so if you have classes close to each other you won't have to walk far. Overall, I absolutely love this college and would recommend it for anyone looking to complete their generals or get a two-year degree!

Cubing

Honestly just ok. People and professors keep to themselves. Vaping isn't uncommon. Classes aren't more engaging than high school classes. Just get in and get out quickly as you're really just there for the education since campus life is sparse. The value you get out this school is less than what you pay for and classes are fairly cheap (~$200 per credit).

Bintou

Great place for any student looking to do great things

I love the small classes. The facilities are upgraded, clean and safe environment. The programs are also really good there are many flexible options to pursue educational goal. The professors I have had are very well organized, kind and knowledgeable in the subject they teach.

Rhiannon

North Hennepin CC is a fine college. For the tuition you pay you get a decent education. It does come with specific perks like free tutoring for all courses and classes. The school facility is fine and kept clean. The teachers vary from very kind and want you to succeed, to mainstream and repetitive.

Heidi

At North Hennepin Community College, classes can be limited at times, or only open during first or second semester, but I think most of the professors are gorgeous. While some aspects of the college are not the best, including food on campus, the professors really want you to succeed, and you can definitely tell.

North Hennepin Community College is place I definitely want to be in all the time. The people and the environment are all especially nice. The campus makes you feel welcome and you always feel engaged.