Coeur d'Alene, ID
North Idaho College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Idaho College

Miranda

Beautiful campus area. Campus itself is nothing outstanding. Parking is awful-you have to get there at 8am to get a decent spot. I've had some really great teachers and some not so great. Class availability is limited. They don't offer everything each semester. They are a more expensive community college

Kennedy

I love the campus and I love the students. I'll definitely miss it here when I'm gone.

Brandon

I love my school. Of course, I am a new student. With that being said, it has great class sizes, everything is easily accessible, everyone is super nice, and the professors couldn't be more helpful. I couldn't ask for more; especially not from a community college in North Idaho!

McKayla

The school stereotypes of our school is, redneck, hicks, and good ole country boys and girls.

All activities are just about equal in popularity. If you have a love for something. There is group out there waiting for you to join in/

The environment of the other students is welcoming. No one is left out. If you wanting to make friends, don't sweat it. Everyone is nice and willing to talk to you and even plan a few days to hang out.

I don't think there are many stereo types at our school. I think a lot of people are quiet and shy, mostly because everyone is from a small town, but after a while, we all warm up to each other.

Most of the classes are great. Although, my original major was in English, and the Teachers quickly changed my mind on that, most of them are not helpful. I am now a Hospitality Management Major and i love it. The professor and the other students are wonderful!

William

Overall, I feel that the school could do a better job or hiring qualified teachers to teach the lower level classes. I feel that if I did not take honors and AP courses while in high school and had to take the classes the school recommended for me I would have struggled later on in the more challenging courses.

The stereotype is that we're too dumb for university and that we'll drop out after one year of JC and if you look at the stats about the school that stereotype is very accurate. Luckily for me I will not be another statistic/

Since its a community college over 70% of the students are working adults going back to school or taking classes for a job thing. The other 30% is like 20% high school kids taking college and high school classes with the remaining 10% being actual college students. Of that 10% over half are student athletes who talk to no one outside of their team.

Nathanael

My classmates are generally easy to get along with people, who are focused on learning and are helpful if asked any questions...

"Dear Past Nate, I'm here to set you straight. You may think that a 1890 is a good SAT score. No. You can do better. Retake that test, and while you're at it, take the ACT too. It will help you regarding scholarships. You need to stop procrastinating. Hurry up and get your Eagle Scout. The sooner you have it, the sooner it goes on your scholarships and resumes. Get your FAFSA done too. Don't wait until the deadline. Problems arise, and stops you from getting any financial aid besides loans. Get it done, so you can get money for college. Another thing. Dont take forever finding a job. College is expensive, and you need all the money you can get. Stop watching TV and apply for jobs. Your current laziness hurts my future. Lastly, after all that is done, enjoy the time you have in high school. You won't see many of those people again. Enjoy your time with them. Go to your prom. Ask out that girl. Have an open mind. These things will help you enjoy your life more, and a better attitude about the world. Good luck."

The worst thing about my school that comes to mind is their wifi servers. The servers don't cover all of the campus. Many times, just walking inbetween buildings you lose reception. It also is quite slow at times and near impossible to get online.

My classmates are outgoing and are wiling to help one another.

My classmates are outgoing and are wiling to help one another.

North Idaho College is focused on making sure students have the best educational experience. It is open to anybody and the staff will do what they can to help the student be successful.

I would have definitely spent more time applying for scholarships and keeping my grades up. GPA is very important and has a major impact on where you can go to school. I would have told myself that all of this extra time and effort would pay itself off in the end.

Paula

I have mostly taken on-line classes since going back to school, but there is alot more interaction with other students even on-line than I expected. All of them have been interesting, supportive and wonderful to meet. I am a very non traditional student and have enjoyed every minute of it even though the workload can seem overwhelming since I also work full time.

When I was in High School, dual enrollment was not even heard of. The ability to graduate from High School with a two year college degree would be a dream come true! I would advise myself to go through that program so I could complete my college bachelor degree in two years after graduating high school! I was engaged at age 16, and married at age 18, so I didn't even go to college. My daughter recently graduated from North Idaho College and inspired me to go to school. Now I am starting my 5th semester after being out of school for 30+ years!

Students who are not interested in a career or taking school seriously should not attend this school. This is a beautiful campus in an excellent community. There are so many opportunities here and the entire campus corridor with North Idaho College, and satellite offices for BSU, LCSC and U of I work closely together to help prepare students who want to continue onto a four year college after Community College. There are many ways to get additional tutoring and the teachers have all been helpful and seem genuinely ready to get you where you want to go.

Brooke

North Idaho College is a great place to figure out future plans while saving money and earning a quality degree.

When I was a high school senior, I was riddled with guilt over my inability to partake in the senior year activities. I felt horrible for being a recluse, and worse, for losing my outgoing friends. My parents nagged me, claiming these four years were to be the best of my life--and I would cry, distraught with the idea of years worse than these. Drunken parties, popularity contests, and school spriti weeks. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't care about them. Everyone told me I would regret wasting my senior year, holed up in my bedroom with a Stephen King novel every Friday night. But looking back, I know they were wrong. Already, I know life outside of high school to be more positive and self-satisfying. College provides new challenges, but rather than an intense focus on social hierarchy, college pushes you academically. I have learned about Thoreau and Stowe and Achende, , talented writers far more interesting than binge-drinking. If I could tell the high school senior version of myself one thing, it would be to forget the masses. The shame of being unique and shy dissipates in college, and instead transforms into pride.

North Idaho College is a wonderful program for dual-enrolled students and for students looking to save money. This campus allows you to receive a quality education for an associate degree, and further, gives you the opportunity to save money before transfering to a four-year college. I would advise against lazy people entering NIC. Though it is a community college, hard work is still required. If you don't plan to study, don't waste your money!

North Idaho College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.