Coeur d'Alene, ID
North Idaho College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Idaho College

Katie

I have gotten many insights from my college experience.. Being a young mother of a 2 year old has taught me the importance of college and all that it has to offer. I started off at a technical college and discovered there is so much out there to learn. I have learned how to interact with people of many different ages, how to take responsibility into my own hands, and how to succeed in my future. I believe it is very valuable to attend college. College is our ticket to success in the real world. I want to be a teacher so I have to go to college and get a degree to make sure I can give my students everything they need. Overall college has been a wonderful experience for me so far and has opened up many future opportunities.

By going to college I am bettering my life by giving myself a career and not just a job. I will also be one of the first and few people in my family to go to college, and that to me is a wonderful way to give back to my loved ones who gave so much to me.

Marie

North Idaho College in one sentence is one of the most fun and likeable schools i have ever attended, the calss sizes are just right and everyone is super friendly.

North Idaho College has wonderful classmates, they are more then just someone you go to school with they are your friends and family.

I have got many things from my college experince, I have made new friends with not only students but teachers too. I also got to get a tast of the real world NIC is a great way to get your foot in the door and lead to a bigger brighter new chapter. NIC has been a great part of my life and I cant wait to start up school again.

Brianna

North Idaho College is a nice community college on the shores of Lake Coeur D'alene, with kind and down to earth staff members and students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to try and focus more during the first semester of college. I found that the first semester was a little overwhelming and it would have been much easier to focus had I not been working. I could have instead done work study at the college which would have cut out lots of time spent driving the 60 mile round trip it took for me to drive from the college in Coeur D'alene, Idaho to downtown Spokane, Washington. Also, because I didn't go to high school in the same state as the college, I would suggest I be a bit more social and try to make more friends during that first semester because I think it would have helped me to adjust to the new environment a little quicker. The more connections you have, the easier it is to settle in and find activities and groups that fit your educational goals and interests.

If you are looking for "the college life" as in frat parties, this is not the school for you. This is a calm, laid back community college in the heart of downtown Coeur D'alene, Idaho.

Tarisa

I feel that NIC(North Idaho College) is more of people college i guess you could say. What i mean by that is, it's a comfotable atmosphere. Its been 14+yrs. since i last attended school, and i was so nervouse until i actually went and spoke to an advisor, he was straight up, honest and very helpful. The other schools i looked into basically told me what i wanted too hear, not what i needed to hear.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advise i would give myself would be, STAY FOCUSED on what's important! Think long and hard about your future, because life can, and in your(our) case, will be a struggle. Life shouldn't be, and doesn't have to be that way though. If you make the right choices, finish school and go straight into college before you make the bad choices I made, it will be so much better. Besides, you'll have 3 beautiful daughters that will need you, and setting a good example to them will make a huge impact on there future!

When speaking to my friends about NIC i'd have to say that i brag mostly about the atmosphere of it all. I'm a big believer in comfort zones, and well, at NIC, i'm very comfortable.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to lighten up about people and to work harder for my education. I would tell myself to go and do things out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.

The best thing about North Idaho College is definetly the teachers. The teachers at NIC care about you and what is going on in your life. They want to help as best they can but they also dont smother you.

North Idaho College is a school that is for every one that wants to earn a quality education and doesnt have the resources to go to a bigger university just yet.

Brandon

the smaller inviting school on the beach in north idaho.

the smaller inviting school on the beach in north idaho.

I wouln't wait to get it done i would tell myself to just go and get everything done so your in college and no worry. and that i wouldn't have wasted my time on the first school i went to which was an aviation mechanics course when i knew i didn't like mechanics in the fisrt place at all. but just get into school and get it done with so you don't have to worry about not getting in or not having the money.

i consider the best thing about my school is that its smaller and my classes are five minutes from each other for walking and only twenty minutes from home and its on the lake. there are not a lot of people and that makes classes way better.

ashley

NIC i know has a great nursing program and is just a great place to get all of your pre-reqs done.

If I were to go back to high school I would have taken chemistry and did a little bit more studying. If one is planing on going to college right out of high school you need to be sure that you can do it. Take your time and really study and do good. It is easier if you just do good the first time so you dont have to do classes over. I would have maybe waited to go to college right out of high school because juggling work and school was too much for me. If I could have been financially stable at the time I could have done better.

The type of person that shouldnt attend this school would be someone that isnt serious about going to college. NIC has many great programs and offers many different classes.

Jet

my classmates seem to be shy, you really need to be an outgoing person if you plan on meeting any of them. You really get back what you put into building a relation ship with them. Don't expect to have people come to you to meet you that happens very rarely, insted you have to be a confident individual and introduce yourself.

dont be shy your leaving high school and your going to be training yourself now so you will have skills for the rest of your life, get out there and meet new people, be confident and introduce yourself. the classmates around you are just as shy as you are but you will never get to know any of them if you never speak up. these people can help you on your journy through college, maybe studying or pointing you around campus or just being there when you need a friend.

there are a lot of activitys you can do on campus, its a great way to have some fun and meet new people. but be warned that you can have too much fun that can lead you away from your studys, take time to do some fun activitys but don't let them take all of your time for study.

Aubrey

If I knew I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are three things i would do differently. One thing that I would want to tell myself is to study more. Although I did well with my study habits in high school, college, however is different. In college, the tests and quizzes mean more to your grade for the most part, as well as everydya assignments and if there isn't a good habit to learn and study then you won't do as well. Another thing I would tell myself is to pay more attention to detail. Being a college student, there is a lot mor einformation that is being stored in your brain. Lastly, I would tell myself to have fun. Why? Well in college there is a lot more focus that is needed for studies, I would tell myself to have a good time while I could and live it up!

I think that anyone can attend North Idaho College. There is a huge variety of skills, and levels of the students at NIC. I believe that any person who wants to learn and better their education, as well as having good study habits would do great at NIC.

The most frustrating thing to me about NIC, is that the parking does not fit the amount of students attending. Another thing is the diversity within Nic, there is a very low perventage fo diverse students.

North Idaho College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.