Coeur d'Alene, ID
North Idaho College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Idaho College

Cindy

Knowing that college is not all about just partying and having fun, I would definitely advice myself that college is different than what movies make them out to be. Also, I would tell myself to spend more time working on math before I went to college. Math has always been my hardest subject, and I don't think I spent enough time on math before going to college. More importantly, I would encourage myself to read more music theory before heading off to college. Going to college as a music major, this would have been one of the most helpful and necessary advice I would give myself if I could go back in time, knowing what I know now.

I wish I had known that college isn't really how movies always make it out to be: easy, full of parties and fun. For me, it actually turned out to be quite a stuggle, especially since I was homeschooled until I went to college. In reality, I was expecting college to be like the movies I watched. I was quite surprised to find out that college is not just all about having fun and partying all the time, but more about my education. I definitely do enjoy school, I was just surprised not finding what I expected.

The type of person for this school would be one that wants to start out with their college experience in a smaller surrounding, where people tend to be more friendly. Someone who likes to kow their teachers personally would also most likely enjoy going to NIC. Additionally, a person who doesn't have very much money should attend NIC because it is cheaper than other bigger school.

My fellow students at North Idaho College are a very diverse group, I've sat next to fifteen year-old high school students and seventy year-old war veterans.

I?m fairly happy with how I handled my transition to college. Taking courses at the community college since my sophomore year helped a lot, and gave me a good idea of what kind of academic work I should expect in college. The most difficult part of the transition for me, being homeschooled, is adapting socially. I?m not used to being in a class with twenty other people, or having to deal with teacher?s idiosyncracies. One piece of advice I wish I'd heard is ?Expand your horizons.? I was focused on music, and all my activities were orchestras and chamber groups. I now know that I don?t want to study music, and wish I had looked into other areas, especially ones that interested me. I still have the power to change that, though. I?m getting involved in other things and branching out into areas that previously were of no interest to me. The most important thing to me is following my heart, but I don?t want to do that blindly. I try to have a basic plan, which I can expand on and change as I discover who I really am.

The best aspect of NIC is that all the students support each other, even when they are coming from such different places. I also value my teachers, who are very adept at explaining subjects to people with a huge range in experience, intelligence, and interest. Community college is a great place to start your education, not only because the tuition is cheaper, but because the student population is diverse, and you can't help but come into contact with many different world views and life stories.

Jonathan

Its top-notch athletic program and its award-winning newspaper, The Sentinel. The Sentinel has won best 2-year non-daily newspaper at New York and San Diego many times over the past 10 years. It also won third-best for overall design against colleges and universities; the top two were 4-year design schools.

I would say to spend as much discovery time at a two-year school as possible, figuring out a final major path, then transferring to a four-year school. This will save money, as two-year schools are much less expensive than universities. I would also say to explore career opportunities in your chosen field thoroughly, especially internships in a field such as Graphic Design or Journalism, which has been hit hard in the recession. One of the biggest things I would say: Apply for as many scholarships as possible. During my senior year, I meant to apply for some but didn't because I was too busy or I didn't want to spend the effort.

The lakeside locale and view, the library and the friendly atmosphere.

Marissa

North Idaho College is best known for its high quality education and caring staff. NIC is known for one of the most beautiful campuses and our own personal beach. NIC is also one of the most welcoming schools. When I first started at NIC I was not only welcomed but supported. I think NIC is the best school and I am always so excited to start a new semester.

Senior High School Marissa, You are so smart and I do not want you to be afraid. I know you can go to college and make the grades. Do not wait another minute to start your paperwork. Get in there and work hard, make it happen. You are going to make so many friends and you are going to make so many memories. You are truely brilliant and the amazing knowledge you will soak up is going to be so useful. Have fun and work hard!! College Marissa

I always tell my friends that NIC has the most beautiful campus. Everytime I leave class I walk away with some new found knowledge. The teachers are so brilliant and so caring. NIC provides so many amazing experiences that I am going to have with me always. I am can not believe how lucky I am to be able to attend North Idaho College.

Sadie

if i could go back to tome and talk to myself as a high school senior. i would have to look for scholarships and opertunities to help pay for my tuition. i would have also start when i was younger to help me decide what i would want to be when i get older in the future.

there isn't anything that i wish i had known before going to this school. they helped me out a lot.

nothing is bad about north idaho college

North Idaho College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.