North Idaho College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Idaho College

Brandon

I love my school. Of course, I am a new student. With that being said, it has great class sizes, everything is easily accessible, everyone is super nice, and the professors couldn't be more helpful. I couldn't ask for more; especially not from a community college in North Idaho!

North Idaho College is a good community college. If you live anywhere near it, the commute is great, the people and town are great, and if your looking for a cheap start to college then this place is the place to go. The classroom sizes can be a little cramped sometimes, but I believe that's just because more and more students are attending every year. You still learn great, I've liked all of my professors so far, and I feel I learned a great deal from this school and am ready to take a chance on a large school.

Kennedy

I love the campus and I love the students. I'll definitely miss it here when I'm gone.

Miranda

Beautiful campus area. Campus itself is nothing outstanding. Parking is awful-you have to get there at 8am to get a decent spot. I've had some really great teachers and some not so great. Class availability is limited. They don't offer everything each semester. They are a more expensive community college

kyrah

I love the beautiful scenery with the lakeside view just across the road. Surrounded by nature and often times activity is bustling through the campus. Most of the people who attend this college are very nice and accepting, they welcome people with open arms.

Tiegan

This was the best choice for me. I was able to obtain both my communications certificate and general AA with the help of advisors and instructors. I was able to save money and have learned more effective studying skills and time management skills. NIC is a great place to be surrounded by a community atmosphere and to attend a college with access to multiple outdoor activities.

North Idaho College is an excellent school. Its great for transfer students who need help getting into their school of choice, as well as those individuals who are non traditional students, its also great on the pockets too. Class sizes are small, facility and staff are all wonderful. The campus is located on premier lake front property and is rich in history. A day on campus is a day on the beach.

Mattea

It is an amazing school, the instructors are amazing, and tuition is very reasonable. The food is great too. There is help for students if needed including counseling services. All of there programs are amazing. It is a very safe campus and everyone is very friendly.

Amy

I am very happy with the campus. I've attended a large state college and I feel this education is much more personable. I've made great relationships with my professors and feel a great value in my education. It is also very reasonably priced tuition. My professors are always looking for extra opportunities for learning and they even find us scholarships! Best of all, this campus has beachfront on the most beautiful lake you could imagine.

Brooklyn

If you want a close-knit feel for you college, North Idaho College could be a great fit for you. The campus is small enough to make it feel homey, but still offers a lot of amenities like a larger college. The class sizes are also very small, which gives a lot of opportunity to communicate and create a relationship with your professors.

Mercedes

If you are looking for a beautiful area and a rewarding junior college then I recommend North Idaho College. NIC is on Lake Coeur d'Alene and is by far the most amazing campus I have attended. I just finished my degree at NIC this spring and have to move on to an university to further my masters degree. I am a student athlete and played soccer for NIC, I made some life long friends and had the best year of my life. I will forever be thankful to coach Dan for his dedication to all of us both on and off the field.

Madeline

North Idaho College is a good school overall. I have to admit that there is not much school spirit and I do not feel a community-vibe throughout the campus. I however do not live on campus so it is probably different if you do. The classes are decent, along with the teachers. I wouldn't say it is the best school out there, but if you want to get classes done for cheap, go to North Idaho College.

Erika

I like North Idaho College - it's a great school, I'm excited to be attending and joining clubs, not to mention it's a great little community where you can be encouraged to put yourself out there and try new things . More than likely you'll see a familiar face too.

Alex

North Idaho College is in an awesome location, right next to a beautiful lake, has some incredible professors who truly want to help you succeed, and has a really nice campus with definitely decent housing options both on campus as well as off campus.

Myla

NIC is a small school. But instead of this detracting from its charm, it simply creates a warm, close environment where students can learn and grow. All of the faculty are extremely welcoming and helpful. If you have a question, they have an answer. The campus is located right on the edge of a beautiful lake with full access to all sorts of outdoor equipment. Its a great place to start your college experience.

North Idaho College is a wonderful school that truly challenges its students to learn. The environment is generally very upbeat and the professors and students alike tend to be quite welcoming and friendly. I definitely enjoy everything about going here.

Alyssa

I love where North Idaho College is located. It is right on the lake and has a beautiful scenery. The campus itself has a safe feel to it and is a perfect small community college. For me it is a home away from home. I am so happy with my choice to come here. The staff is very helpful and for the most part is always available. The students are friendly and also helpful in the time of need.

Harleigh

My first impression of North Idaho College was one involving magic and fantasy. It is nearly surrounded by an elegant lake and a landscape of trees, similar to a peaceful forest. From the moment I decided to attend this college, I found resources ranging from advising and academics to extracurricular activities and career preparedness. There are numerous majors to choose from, and the college works with four-year schools, so students can easily transfer after two years. The immense selection of classes includes face-to-face, internet, or a hybrid of both of these. North Idaho College has a flexible environment to accommodate any person's busy life, so they can begin the pursuit of their dreams.

Sky

Peacefull, safe, even during party nights. The campus have gotten more light recently, much safer to be recreational in a mature responsible learning enviroment such as the closing of campus at 12:30 Friday. At that exact time is when all my paperwork needs handing in or I have questions. There is school everyday, you just have to find it. North Idaho College forces you to take class off campus after 12:30 on a Friday, so in a way they make you into a proper responsible member of the workforce.

The school campus is well kept and all the buildings are nice. The staff are pretty friendly and the students also. There is some dorms and housing. Parking is hard to find. However, it is near a beach which is super awesome. There could be more sports.

Alexander

I think that North Idaho College is the best college around. It is fairly cheap and the professors are super great. I think that the professors are especially great because they do everything within their reach to help you with anything. In my various classes, some of the professors have offered to give me advising, even though I am not in the same major that they are teaching.

Tessa

My overall opinion of North Idaho College is fantastic. I really love how the school tries to get each and every one of the students to participate in extracurricular activities. The teachers and staff are always willing to help students and never complain. The campus life is always lively and I enjoy being a Cardinal.

The overall campus experience at North Idaho College is great and includes everyone. The class sizes are perfect containing seats for up to 25-30 students, so everyone can participate in lectures. The professors are very knowledgeable and keep student's attention at all times.

Anna

Overall, the academics are great and really affordable. The teachers always seem to be kind and willing to help. However, I don't really see much as for student involvement and the food could be better. I plan on finishing up my degree at the University of Idaho.

Alex

North Idaho is a great first college to enroll at and get your associate's degree. There are many clubs and fun classes to take that get people to push themselves more and get out there. The college professors are very helpful and are able to reach easily. There are many opportunities found on campus and also off.

Tyler

I have really enjoyed attending NIC and I think its a great college! Its provided me opportunities of learning and the professors are quality, they know their stuff and never hesitate to help you learn. I've especially enjoyed the music department and human sciences!

Good for a Community college. Awesome ASL program. Awful Financial Aid and Disability services. These departments don't care about the students and won't adapt to help the student achieve there goals. New student and wellness center is a gorgeous, clean facility. Great view as well.

Gabriel

North Idaho College is an affordable two year university in a gorgeous small town. I would highly recommend this college to any student on a budget, looking to start their education. However, if you are looking for a four year degree or job opportunities directly from your studies, NIC will not suffice for your needs.

North Idaho college has one of the most beautiful campuses I have visited. It is small and right along a beach that is free to access and play volleyball or just relax. It is also about a 7 minute walk from the Coeur d' Alene resort. It is a diverse group of students who attend with a large variety of clubs to join as well as interesting classes to choose from.

Cheyenne

Robin

I love NIC. It is a small personable campus. Staff and Instructors care about students engagement with challenging assignments to ensure top learning. The writing center is there to assist students in their writing endeavors helping each student reach their full potential

My overall opinion of North Idaho College is this is a beautiful campus a beach 100ft away and amazing views. The academics are a high priority to the professors and they care deeply about what they teach.

Lyssa

While the school isn't as large as some universities, and therefore certain opportunities might not be available to students, it's an awesome school overall. The teachers are supportive and easy to contact if you have a question, and they know about the subject their teaching. The campus is nice, and North Idaho College is a great place to continue your education.

James

North Idaho college is a friendly and accessible school to attend. There are many resources to help students succeed as long as they are willing to seek them out. There are many clubs and activities during each semester and being involved is a lot of fun.

ashley

After having a 20 year break from school, I don't think I could have picked a better school to "get back into the game." The staff at NIC has been nothing but wonderful and they have mad my transition of going back very positive and I am now hoping on continuing to my masters. This is a wonderful school and their only downfall is their cafeteria. Horrible food!!

Sabrina

Love the school and courses offered. Especially appreciate the accessibility option in form of satellite campuses and courses that are offered online! Overall, a great option for Associate/Transfer degrees that can save a HUGE amount of tuition costs, although there are also some options for Bachelor's Degrees in collaboration with state-level University Extension offices at the same location as North Idaho College's main campus.

Anika

North Idaho College is a great place to begin your secondary education journey. It is unique enough to make it seem like an adventure, but small enough to get to know your teachers personally if you wish. The professors here care about students and many will go above and beyond to make sure you succeed. The campus is beautiful during all seasons as it is located on the iconic Lake Coeur d'Alene. Fruit trees bloom in the spring, the lake is perfect for swimming in during the summer, vibrant colors of fall decorate campus in autumn, and winter is a white wonderland. The majority of students here are kind and compassionate. They like to hold meaningful conversations and are here to learn. They take challenges head-on and work together to get the job done.

Duncan

I enjoy attending North Idaho College. I am a dual-credit part-time student. I am living off campus with my parents. I love the atmosphere of the college. Everyone is loving and sweet. I love getting together with other students. I love the addition of the SWRC (student wellness are recreation center).