North Lake College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Lake College

Luisa

I like the small school environment so overall it's perfect for me. I feel that the classes are pretty easy and the professors that I've taken are very reasonable. There is no possible way that anyone could get a failing grade. There are a bunch of groups people can join. The advisers are super nice and try their very best to their abilities to help the students with transfers and scholarships. I would definitely recommend this college for someone's education.

North Lake College is a good community college for the price, location, and academics. The students partake in extracurricular activities and there is always something fun going on around campus. The professors are here to help the students learn and the campus facilities are full of great utilities for students to use.

North Lake College is a small community college that is very diverse in cultures, races, and personalities. It is a great place to get an associates degree, complete your basics and transfer to a university, or to simply learn something new! I would definitely recommend this college to graduating seniors in high school.

Princess

I love North Lake College, it's not too small and not too big. The teachers are amazing and the students are amazing. This school is probably one of the most diverse schools in the area and the school acknowledges that in various ways. I highly recommend North Lake College to any person who has just graduated high school.

Lily

I enjoy North Lake. The teachers I have had so far have been amazing. They are helpful and I do not feel embarrassed or nervous to ask a question. That is important to me since I am introverted and do not like talking much. I appreciate that North Lake has several opportunities for its students, such as online tutors for essays, access to Microsoft applications, and more. I am thankful for everything the college is doing for my education and the other students who also attend. I would recommend North Lake to my friends.

Kambamba

I've been here since 2014, and I started my academic career in 2015 until now, I love North Lake , I feel like my home, everything here are great. the teacher and student all we're good. I really recommend people or new student in Dallas county , if you're looking the best college,please this is the best in town.

Niara

I am a memeber of the womens soccer team! I love the school and they atmosphere. Everyone is kind and encouraging one another to do well. The teachers are hands on and they make sure everyone is getting the best experience at North Lake.

diana

North Lake College is a great resource that the community has to receive a continuing education whether they intend to transfer to just get a certificate. If you are looking for a place where it

Anna

It's a great place for students to gain education. I have not participated in any extracurriculars or sports so I don't really know what it's like there, but I love all of the professors I've learned from, the class size is good, and the campus is easy to navigate.

Ami

North Lake has a wide diverse community. That is the reason I can recommend this college to also international students. There are really helpful international students office, and nice staffs. Most of instructors are willing to help students who is behind and there are great tutors.

North lake community college is a great place to start off with exploring a career path, getting to know the school, and learning what abilities for you for your choice in career. North lake has over 43 clubs students can join or they also have the privilege to organize one of their own but with the exception of following the guidelines. They also have various clases you can choose to tale during the summer either to earn the college credit or participate to experience the real life example of how college will be. North lake also offers clases for free as in photography, art, and also volunteer classes to enjoy the experience. North lake is a very good school to start off with the career path in your associates degree in choice and also help with guiding you if transferring into a four year college.

ryan

North Lake college has put me on a path for success. I am able to begin my college career running due to such low tuition cost which means more money towards living, transportation, books, and other expenses. I have met wonderful people on this diverse campus. All friendly and quite helpful staff. The lines for admissions, financial aid, and other services are very short. The campus life is very lax and the buildings are creatively built. The school sits next to a pond and a golf course which gives a peaceful vibe for in between class walks. Academic help can be found all over the school with certain classrooms designed just for help. The tutors are fellow classmates as well as staff focused just on tutoring. The surrounding area of Irving where the college is located is very beautiful with University of Dallas just around the corner. There are many fine restaurants to choose from for a lunch break as well as easy access to the highway leading to Dallas. Overall, North Lake college is the go to college for high school graduates to get a head start on basics for a very cheap price at Flower Mound High school level academic standard.

Monika

North lake college, overall has great faculty who know what they are doing and are passionate to do so. They make the students feel welcomed and create a peaceful environment to learn. The faculty is helpful no only for the academic matters but are also their for the students during times of personal need.

Mohsin

North Lake is a small community college with a lot of personality! There are people from all over the world that come here which leaves for a good mix of different cultures and spirit. It has a really good student atmosphere which allows for students from all over the world to come and mingle. A lot of students are new to this area and are always looking to make new friends. If you want to save money but still get an education that will propel you forward, North Lake is the place to go.

Emma

Currently I am a student at North Lake College planning to transfer to the University of Texas at Dallas. North Lake College has lots of diversity, and through school I get to experience and learn about student culture. I feel that going to North Lake has allowed me to become exposed to people of all religions and backgrounds. I don't live in the off campus housing but I have driven past it and know people who live there. It looks very nice and is well kept. There is a DART station that runs through the campus for students to use if they don't have transportation, which is very helpful. North Lake offers many amenities to their students to help with stress and by providing helpful services. For example, they have learning centers which offer free tutoring to students, DART passes (so students can ride the train for free), and the library which has computers, printers, and textbooks for students to use. I would love it if they would have more athletics or teams to join, because there are many talented people that might benefit from it. The school's fine arts program is fantastic and students wishing to learn and experience art, music, or theater should definitely take classes. The school's supportive, and caring staff provide an educational and safe environment for students. Since North Lake is a two year college, they work hard to prepare their students for transferring to universities. They teach study skills, time management, and help students juggle classes, work, and family life. I feel they have prepared me to transfer to a university. All professors I have had have been extremely helpful, supportive, and work to encourage me on my educational journey.

Michelle

North Lake College is a great place to go for an education; tuition prices are pretty cheap. Most of the classes are smaller as opposed to being conducted in lecture halls which is very helpful for those who aren't very fond of being in a larger group setting.

Devin

I have enjoyed North Lake so far. The worst experience is their financial aid process but after getting through financial aid, everything has been a breeze. This is my first year back in school since graduating high school in 1990 and this school has made my experience a good one.

Jaclyn

I think that community colleges are a great concept, and it is executed pretty well, but I wish the academic vigor was more emphasized and that there were more things on campus to try and get involved with- they have some things, but not a wide enough variety for anything to catch my interest.

ayesha

North Lake College is a great place to start your undergrad career. Professors, students, and just everyone and everything is great. A special shout out to the Councillors. Outside college environment is amazing, a big variety of clubs and activities to do and join.

Sophia

North Lake College is one of the most biggest community college in Dallas County and Fort Worth area. North Lake College provides various classes and services, active extra curricular activities, events on campus for students to enjoy and experience.

Lao

North Lake College is a community college with a very open community. Despite the stigma around community colleges, I was able to realize how helpful these colleges are and how open-minded they are to the students' life and priorities. There is great diversity within the school as all ages and races of people come for an education. Whatever anyone's reason may be for attending this school, they are very open and offer many resources for whatever a student may be going through. There are resources if a student ends up homeless, professional licensed counselors, and very helpful academic counselors. The school's top priorities are the students and to make sure they are able to graduate with a valuable education. Although I plan to transfer from this school after completing my Associate's degree, I believe my time here will be meaningful and valuable and allow me to become more open-minded to everyone's situations.

Helen

There's up and down on North Lake College but I enjoyed my school year with them . They have offered me a new job even though I have not yet have my first experience doing any job related. I have good teachers that actually helped me a lot and many great opportunities from different services on tutoring which is free that helped with my homework. Offer many student who are struggling with needs like food and they will give them for free from one of the service food center. Have career service as well first year advising and general advising. They even have free counselling service which any student is struggling in life and help talk your problems with no judgmental opinions.

Razan

It is a small community college, so I always feel like it is a friendly place. People are happy and cheerful on campus and I always say hi to everyone and smile at everyone. The professors are great as well. I have not met a professor that I have not liked yet.

Bryson

I think it is an amazing college to go to if you are not sure what you are going to do in life. I also will say that if you don't think you're ready to go out into the big college world North Lake is such a great place to begin. The professors are very caring and extremely intelligent, and they do their absolute best to make sure you have the best experience possible.

Francesca

All of the teachers are absolutely amazing. I never had one bad teacher or one who wasn't committed to teaching their students and making sure they learned. Even online class teachers were committed to all of their students doing well. I really enjoyed my time on campus because of this but there isn't really much else.

Lacquintino

I was a student over the summer break and the college was perfect, different from my high school and more interesting, the setting is beautiful and the diversity is just beautiful, different from anything I've ever experienced. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a cheaper alternative to universities.