Chicago, IL
North Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Park University

Victoria

I have not yet attended college, but through the admissions process I am learning that I need to make sure that I have everything I need. I am learning that I need to ask questions, lots of them, double check answers, allow plenty of time for things, and make sure that you know what you want to say and how to say it before you start talking to an advisor or calling universities for adivice. I have learned that a good advisor is hard to find and someone that you hold on to. I expect to learn many more important things over the years that I spend in college.

Christy

I have received a tremendous amount of pride. My experience has taught me to be more responsible for others. I realized that I can make the world a better place in helping people with there problems, by helping in this way it has made me feel better inside. Being able to interact with people everyday is the best feeling I could get therefore, a bigger self-esteem. Now I know I can do anything, and I have accomplished more than what I realized I could do. I value all the moments I spend in college because it has givin me the knowledge to succeed in my life. I will always cherish my years in college. Now I have the confidence to go out into the world and make it a better place. With the experience that I have already, has lead me moving forward in continuing my education.

I am from a small town, so moving away from home for the first time to a city like Chicago took me way out of my comfort zone. I was miserable. I missed my family and friends and wanted to catch the first bus ride home. As time went on, my outlook improved. The more I put myself out there and tried to enjoy the experience, the more fun I had. I have made friendships that I know will never fade. I have also learned things about myself that I never knew before. At the beginning I was sure that I wasn't ready to leave home, and that Chicago is definately not the place for me. I questioned why I had ever wanted to come to this place, and couldn't figure out what I was thinking. After months of being homesick, things finally got better. I was more confident in myself than ever. I realized that I am perfectly capable of living on my own and adjusting to new situations. I learned that I can handle a lot more than I thought and be strong in tough times. Now I'm ready to go wherever life leads me.

The North Park University campus is beautiful. When you're on campus, it is so quiet and serene that you hardly realize you are in Chicago. There is a river that runs through the campus, surrounded by hundreds of beautiful trees and plants everywhere you look. It's also within walking distance of two CTA train stops that will take you anywhere you want to go in the city. This school allows you to experience the excitement and buzz of Chicago while having a calm and relaxing campus to return to a the end of a busy day.

The most frustrating thing about North Park is the fact that it's not always a safe place. We have amazing campus security, who are always watching out for us and and willing to go the extra mile to ensure our safety, but they can only do so much. It's frustrating not be able to safely walk around at night and to have to use the buddy system in college, but when you live in the city it is inevitable. As long as you are careful and smart, you have nothing to worry about.

North Park University is a private liberal, arts Christian college.

North Park University is a private liberal, arts Christian college.

Making new friends in college and getting to know who they are and what their interests are. I experienced getting help from my professors when needed. Professors gives students more attention and they are really good with finding jobs after college. It is valuable to attend, because they give out many scholarships and grants to most students who plans to attend North Park University.

I would have to say to anyone can. North Park University is a very diverse school. Everyone is very friendly and nice to other people.

Jaimie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior would tell my self to apply for admissions in the GPPA (Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions). Applying to the program would have given me peace of mind, knowing I was secure in the program and on the path to the career of my choice. Nursing is important to me because I love helping people anyway I can and I love kids. Children are a big part of my life. They make me smile and laugh all the time and I would do anything for them. This is why I want to become a pediatric nurse. I would have told myself to prioritize every step in making becoming a nurse happen. I would have also told myself to think about living in a dorm. I would have told myself this because I want to become more independent and I do not want to rely so much on my parents.

The best thing about North Park University is the thoughtful, empathetic teachers. They try their best to help us grasp the concepts being taught. They teach in a way that we don?t have to ask a lot of questions to understand what is going on and most teachers call their students by their names! I heard a lot of college professors from other universities don?t even know their student?s names by the end of the course, but I had a teacher who knew all of his100 kids names by the second day of school!

I wish I had known about scholarships before I came to North Park University. My senior year of high school, I didn't know anything about scholarships, so I didn't apply for any and I regret it now. When this semester of college began, my friend told me she is paying $1000 for a year?s tuition at North Park while I am paying $14,000. Because I would like to start a savings account I am applying for scholarships now. I only wish I had known about the vast resources available last year.

My school is intentionally multi-cultural. It is located in one of the most diverse neighboorhoods in the country so as a student you get to experience a lot of culture.

Advice that I would give myself is to live in such a way that makes your life worth telling others about. I wish that when I came to school, right off the bat, I would have started a story out of my life. I would have done things in ways that I would have never done them before. The time goes by very quickly, and there are so many experiences that go on. I believe that when those experiences are done the same way as anyone else does them, they are not as memorable. Instead of just going out for coffee with people, do something with that person you never have done. Maybe it's a bike ride, or climbing a tree and talking in the tree. Whatever the situation, do it in a memorable way.

The best thing about North Park is that you can be who you really are and be accepted in so many different groups. It is a Christian affiliated school, but I like it a lot because if you are not a Christian you are accepted just as much.

Monica

So far in the first half of my freshman year of college I have noticed that my classmates genuinely care and our concerned about the academic success of one another.

North Park University is unique compared to the other schools I considered because for one thing it is a Christian school. It is unique due to the level of diversity amoungst the students, but also the faculty. Due to the smaller class sizes North Park University allows students the opportunity to build more one on one relationships with their professors and fellow classmates. It creates a safe enviornment for students to express their views and oppions without having to be judged. North Park University encourages students to get to know fellow students of different backgrounds.

Dear Self, Making the transition from high school from college is not as difficult as it seems. Don't worry so much about how your going to find your way around or make new friends baecause your fellow classmates are in the same boat as you are. Prior to your first day of class make sure to check what classes you are registered for and purchase your books. I recomend trying to purchase your books online it saves money. Make sure you print out a map of the campous along with your class schedule so you can find your way around. Once classes actually begin make sure you keep up with your reading and note-taking and if you do not understand a concept in a class ask a fellow student or the professor. Make sure to make a few friends in your classes and exchange phone number or emails it helps to have study partners. The biggest rule when it comes to doing well in college is don't procrastinate. A final piece of advice manage your time wisely. College is a great deal of fun when your not stressed so manage your time and don't fall behind.

North Park University has a English with Creative Writing emphasis degree as opposed to a standard English degree. As a lover of writing, this greatly appealed to me. My school is also small and feels like a hometwon, but with its urban location it has a huge backyard of diversity to discover. North Park University also has a lot of local ministry opportunites like Friday Night Homeless Ministries on Lower Wacker.

I would look myself in the eye and say, "You will go broke. People will doubt you for what you believe and you'll hear the 'starving artist' story countless times. You will feel lonely and out of place, especially for being a virgin and a transfer. You will worry, stress out, have multiple all-nighters within a three day span, drink a substantial amount of caffeine, room with the party girl of campus, and cry yourself to sleep some nights." Then I would grab my senior-self's shoulder and whisper, "You'll meet amazing people who love you and your nerdy British scifi obsession. You'll play Risk until 5am and watch at least one movie every weekend in your Snuggie. You'll have Christmas lights in your room year round. You will learn about love, faith, truth, justice, honestly, loyalty, responsiblity, trust, and identity. You'll discover that no one really has it all together and that life is now, not ten years from now when you have a career. You will be broken down for two years and rebuildt for the following two years. College will test you with everything, and it will be worth it."

I wish that I would have known that jobs were harder to get than the brochures made it sound. A scholarship I received for being financially needy took me out of the university's work-study program. I also would have liked to have known just how loud the girls' dorm was at night and how much drinking/drugs were on campus (There's a significant amount even though the school is a dry campus.).

Adrienne

North Park University is the reason for having a bright future in any profession.

Hello Miss College Bound. So during this time of hectic schedules and graduation coming up your going to have to find time to pick a suitable college. Well Im here to tell you that the choice your going to make is going to be both hard and the best one you can make. College is a scary place you dont know what to actually expect. You read all the magazines and books but for all you know its a big world and can and will confusing. Only at first though I want to tell you that bieng in college you have to do alot more. I want you to study alot harder your very dedicated so prove that in every essay you write. Prepare yourself for the hard, long nights at the library becuase there coming. Make sure you talk to no men they are a huge distraction and yor not paying them any money to focus on. And mostly dont worry will you fit in just be yourself like always and the rest is nothing. Well im off now and dont forget college is going to be better than you thought have fun little one see you soon.

I believe the right person to attend this school is actually a person who shows a little motivation and a little determination. If they choose to come to North park University they will see that thier motivation will increase becuase of the reluctance of all the professors and academic advisors to keep them going and make sure they get out exactly what they need. And to show them that thier determination to succeed somewhere starts here at North Park University. I believe that that person will be a ideal candidate because they will shap them here.

andrew

If I could go back and tell myself as a high school senoir I would make sure I knew what I was getting into. I Would talk to myself about the responsibility of studying by myself, doing the homework by myself, and knowing that the teachers won't come to me if I am failing, or falling behind. I would also tell myself that college is no joke. I would say " you need to work hard, and not screw around all the time, otherwise you might flunk out and waste all of your parents money." Its a hard time with the economy and to have my parents help pay or tuition I would tell myself it isn't fair to them if I don't do good. I would make sure that I knew I have to stuy hard and work on my own.

North Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.