Chicago, IL
North Park University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Park University

Ian

My fellow classmates are usually kind people who love the university.

My fellow classmates are usually kind people who love the university.

Finding the right college takes a variety of parts to really make the appropriate choice. I at first was only focused on the academic side of my choice, and that is indeed essential. College is also a time when many people make the moves and decisions that will be for the rest of their lives. I think therefore it is just as essential to chose a place that is the right climate to habituate us into the things or virtues that we would need for the rest of their lives. For example, you may want to go to school for philosophy, and you could go to a school with a excellent reputation is philosophy; or you could choose a school as well provides the right conditions in which the learning of the subject into something that becomes something so much fuller. Also as a personal recommendation, choose a school where not only are there quality teachers but those that have enough time. My most impactful times of learning have not been in the classroom with the teacher, but outside of it, when you can not only be taught, but mentored. That is really the essence of learning.

Someone shouldn't attend the university if they aren't interested in the liberal arts education.

Christopher

My school is a grate place for learning.

My school is a grate place for learning.

I would tell parents to help there childern do ther homework on the school they are thinking about going to and if posble visit the schools to get a better I idea of what goes on at that school. I would allso tell studtes to do there homework and find out as mouch as thay can about the school before applaying. I would allso advice students not to just applay to one school in hopes that they will get it but, rather apply to two or three that way if a school says no , then there are still some posable doors oppen.

Students do not take advangen of the area they live in

Darius

Dig real deep into the different choices so that you make sure that you find the right school that fits you.

A person looking for a party school

Albeit a Covenant-affiliated school, North Park is challenging, exciting, diverse, musically gifted, located in a perfect part of Chicago that allows students to experience college without feeling pressured to be religiously active on campus.

Encourage your child with pursuing a college that best meets their needs. Anticipate that their major will change, probably a few times, and that they're not going to know what they want to do with their life. Find a school that best prepares them for life; one that makes them a well-rounded individual that is talented in many areas. Push them to choose a school outside of their comfort zones, but one that you can see your child flourishing in. Most importantly, tell them you're proud of them and that you support them with whatever their decision is, and be HONEST in saying that and let your actions reflect that, too. Although they're moving away, they still need you.

The kind of person who is extraordinarily liberal and does not have any kind of belief in the Christian faith, and/or someone who is just in college to get a degree, not actually gain something from their experience at North Park.

Gina

In finding the right college for your son, daughter, or yourself think about what is most comfortable for you. Ask yourself the questions: Would you be comfortable living closer to home? Would you rather live on a large campus or smaller campus? Do you like to drink alcohol and party? Do you want to go to a private or public college or university? Do you feel like you are in a safe environment? Also think about ways you can ease your comfort level at school. Join a club or extra curricular activity. Doing research on schools will benefit you in many ways. One thing that will really give you a better idea of what you want in a college is to do an overnight visit with a student on campus. I know many campuses have students that offer overnight stays in their room, so take advantage of that! Visit as many schools as you can and imagine yourself being there!

I think the worst thing about my school is how strict the rules are here. There is the one rule that I hate the most: No boys allowed in your room after a certain time. I feel like I am treated like a child when they tell me that my long-term boyfriend cannot stay in my room or cannot come into my room because it is too early. I am an adult and I know how to take care of myself.

I don't think there is a type of person that shouldn't attend this school. North Park University is a very diverse, welcoming community. I feel that there are all different types of people here and no one is judged based on gender, ethnicity, disabilities, etc.

Alyssa

The only way to know for sure what college is best for certain person is to research them and visit them. One never really knows what college will be like until they arrive there but "doing your homework" on the colleges that interests you helps. Try to figure out what environment you would like to be around, understand how diverse the campus is and if that?s for you or not. Most importantly, one should go to a college that has a variety of majors and minors. One never knows if they will actually like the major they start of with. If one goes to a college that does not have variety and one decided they wanted to change and the college doesn't have it, one would have to transfer and that not only means you have to start over socially but that also means one would have to transfer grades and every school makes that as hard as they can.

The thing that i love most about North Park University is that they are a small campus with proffessers that actually care. The classes sizes are not big by an means, which helps everyone. The campus is located right outside of downtown Chicago but not too close. We can come and go as we please. Students here are very helpful as well as the teachers.

I did a lot of reasure before i applied to North Park, there wasn't any suprizes when I moved here. It was, however, hard to adjust to the big city life.

Abigail

The Nursing and Education programs are well known. It's also known in its connection with the Evangelical Covenant Church.

Try to choose a place where you will be comfortable but also challenged. Go somewhere that's different from home. Forget about where anyone else wants you to go, or where you think has the best reputation. Don't pick a school based on prestige or family tradition or where your high school friends went. Consider where your comfortable and what you want to experience. I am from a small town, so I wanted to experience the city, but not feel lost on campus, so I chose a small school in Chicago, where I can have both community and city. Go somewhere that fits you and the life you want to have. Choose a school where you expect to thrive.

I think I had a realistic understanding of North Park before I came.

daxson

I would say that it helps to not waste the time or money visiting the college. Just jumping into it is more fun as well as it helps with the students ability to quickly adjust to new and unfamiliar situations.

The Gospel Choir is great because its a place to grow in community and praise the lord like it should be done! It gives me a sense of blelonging and gives me a fun extra carricular activity to attend. I also like the campus. Its inner city but has lots of wild life you wouldnt expect.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a somewhat liberal christian that doesnt mind the usually college characteristics and also someone that can be social and work in smaller groups.

North Park University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.