North Park University Top Questions

Tracy

I don't believe I have the power or ability to say, “This person cannot attend this school because…” The answer to this question isn’t as black and white as it seems. I believe that the decision to attend NPU depends on the persons’ values and the individual themself. The decision doesn’t just come with information about the school beforehand but it also comes with the experience and interaction they will have. That is one of the reasons why many students transfer; they like what they see beforehand but when they’re there, it’s a different experience.

Cory

People who do not like urban settings or have a low tolerance for Christian integration in the classroom setting should not attend North Park University.

Someone looking for a super conservative Bible College shouldn't come here. There is an amazing Bible studies major and seminary here, but it's a university and should be looked at as such.

Katie

Everyone is welcome at North Park University. The only people who I feel wouldn't be eligable to attend are people who aren't serious about getting a higher education.

kyle

A person that thinks that religion is completely false and thinks they can skate through their work and still end up with good grades

Ian

Someone shouldn't attend the university if they aren't interested in the liberal arts education.

Darius

A person looking for a party school

The kind of person who is extraordinarily liberal and does not have any kind of belief in the Christian faith, and/or someone who is just in college to get a degree, not actually gain something from their experience at North Park.

Gina

I don't think there is a type of person that shouldn't attend this school. North Park University is a very diverse, welcoming community. I feel that there are all different types of people here and no one is judged based on gender, ethnicity, disabilities, etc.

Kassie

Someone looking for a social experience such as, parties.

Emm

North Park is unique in comparison to the traditional Christian school, which is why non-Christians can be very happy at North Park. However, a student who is looking to attend a large school with frat parties on the weekend will be disappointed in North Park. North Park is a smaller institution and all ?partying? is considerably more laid back. Although available, alcohol and drugs are less prevalent than at secular schools. In addition someone who is unwilling to live in a very diverse urban neighborhood should not attend North Park.

Whitney

You should not attend this school if you are looking for a liberal, party school. Also, this is a school where you are challenged quite frequently to know who you are and where you stand. If you are not strong in that then you could have a lot of difficulty adapting.