North Park University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Park University

Pauline

It's a very welcoming university and everyone is super helpful in times of need. I was super nervous and overwhelmed about attending college for the first time, but the overall staff were very kind and useful in terms of keeping the campus open with safety practices and helping students find their way in remote learning.

Herman

North Park University is a great school to attend on the North side of Chicago. It's in a safe area of Chicago and is a decent sized school. My favorite thing about North Park are the size of the classes, this really allows you to get a one on one interaction with your professors.

Jocelyn

I think North Park University is a great diverse school. The friendly faculty and staff work together with their students to improve teaching skills, as well as grades and understanding of the material being taught. They also encourage and help their students learn to think critically. The campus is beautiful as well as small and you're bound to make new friends where ever you go.

My overall opinion of North Park University is that it is a great learning environment. We have just recently begun our Catalyst program which allows undergrad students to utilize the city while learning. The city of Chicago has become our classroom. Not only is Chicago our work and play area but the professors are amazing, they teach their subjects with an extreme passion.

Nana

OUR MISSION The mission of North Park University, as the university of the Evangelical Covenant Church, is to prepare students for lives of significance and service through education in the liberal arts, professional studies, and theology. This information is found every where but it is something to consider and that is my opinion.

Vanessa

North Park University is a great school if you're looking for a small school with a huge amount of diversity. Everyone is supportive and there's a big community feel to North Park. If you're an athlete, a musician, an artist, or just like to do your own thing, North Park is a great school!

Martin

North Park University is a very unique and enthusiastic school. I am always excited to learn. The professors are very helpful, even if I need to talk to them personally. I feel a strong connection with the students and faculty of this school, and I will surely make them proud for my hard work.

Daniel

I think that North Park University is a marvelous school. They have professors there that are passionate about what they teach and they are able to build relationships with students due to the small class sizes. Also, the campus is beautiful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Olivea

I love my school and it is the perfect fit for me. The class sizes are really small, there are so many ways to get involved, and we are just a short train ride away from the heart of Chicago. We have the best campus pastor and I never miss out on Wednesday Chapel.

Katharina

I like North Park University a lot because of its diversity and atmosphere. There are students from everywhere in the world but the campus size and amount of students is small which makes it easy to get in touch with many students. The campus facilities are all with a few exceptions quite modern.

Kelly

North Park is an underdog. It is often overlooked because of its size and lack of athletic ability. It is however the place where I have felt most at home in my whole life. Everyone on campus is so warm and welcoming. The campus is absolutely beautiful in all seasons, especially during the spring when all the students hang out in the green space playing frisbee or just relaxing. The professors are incredible and truly care that you leave with a great education. My degree has especially prepared me for what comes next.

Suzette

I love the environment of the school. Many clubs reach out to others to participate in their events and try to get more student to be involved in said groups. The campus is extremely safe. The teachers are there at our disposal. They encourage to visit them during office ours and are ready to answer any questions the students may have.

Victor

I'm currently a sophomore at North Park University and I love it. The campus is so nice and small. You'll find your way around easily and everyone is super friendly. From professors to students around campus, everyone smiles at you. I'm a biology major student and every time I feel lost, my professor and my advisor is there to help me. I'd recommend this school to anyone who's interested into a small school.

Caleb

The thing about North Park that I like is that there are really nice facilities that are pretty new. The campus has a pretty rich history but there is also some professors that are hard to get along with. It really is hit or miss with professors. Its either too hot or too cold around the campus outside. No real in between. You have to pay for the train but I have been hearing we will be able to get some pay pal option within the next semester. Which will save costs of going down town and checking out the sites. We are very close to Wrigley field which makes going down to games for baseball super easy to get too. Many opportunities in the city just really what you are in to as a person.

Overall I think North Park is a very intellectual university and the staff are very friendly, besides for the occasional few. I would definitely recommend this university if you are looking into going into the medical field. Lastly, I am pleased with the university and will continue to study here until I receive my degree.

Claudia

Going to North Park University has changed me. At the end of my senior year of high school, I was not sure where I want to go. I thought North Park was a small school with little to do. I had the perception that going to a big school like UIC or Loyola would be better since I would get the college feel more, as I believed. However, that is not the case. Now that I attend North Park I love it. All my assumptions were very incorrect. Just because it is not a huge school does not mean those who attend will not get the college feel. North Park University really is a great campus. When I first entered one of the buildings on my first day, I saw students sitting around talking together and studying. I saw people playing outdoors. I saw professors talking to students as they walk around campus. I immediately got the college feel and was super satisfied. It is extremely safe and everyone there is respectful of those around them. Students are not just a face in the crowd, professors and staff members value every student. For example, in my Anatomy class, the professor made it her duty to remember each student's name which she mastered in just three days. She made it her priority to remember everyone's name in the lecture so that she can learn about each student which begins with respecting them and learning their names. This was a shock to me because everyone always told me that in college professors will not take the time to know you, which is very incorrect at North Park University. Professors take time to get to know the students they teach and work. Not only are professors at North Park amazing, but so are the students. Students generally respect the campus, teachers, and other students. I have never witnessed any students being disrespectful of the environment. For example, in one of my classes, there was a student with a disability and everyone in the class tried to make that person feel comfortable instead of making them feel like an outcast due to their disability. These are all reasons why North Park University is such a great school. Personally, I can't imagine myself at any other school. North Park University has really made my college experience an amazing one. I can not wait to see what my future at North Park holds, but I know no matter what it will be great. I strongly recommend this school for anyone who wants to feel apart of a community regardless of living on campus.

North Park University is a dream come true for me. From the moment I first stepped onto campus, I knew this would be the place where I got my degree. Despite not having the best campus dining or best residence halls, North Park has provided me with amazing academics and outstanding professors who are always there whenever I need help.