Seattle, WA
North Seattle College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Seattle College

Emilio

It's a well maintained school. Both the student body and the faculty are kind and open-minded. Participation is a big part of North Seattle College, whether it be the student government, clubs, campus-wide events, or in-class activities. North Seattle College also has great assistance services, such as a large staff of educational advisors, a very large tutoring center with plenty of tutors, and an office staff to help with virtually any question a student might have. There are also a variety of on-campus jobs for students who need to make some extra money while in school. There is a special job center on campus that can assist in getting job either on or off campus, whether it be with building a strong resume, or finding a close-to-home job to apply for. With all of the student support that this school offers, I highly recommend getting an Associate's degree at this community college before going to a four-year university.

Blandy

It is an okay school to get an aa, but if you're thinking about spending more than twoyears here, i dont think it is a good idea it is okay priced, but its not super fun, I think its a good start for your career.

Maria

I love the college, and the class sizes are fairly small. I also like all the services that this college offers. I especially like the student learning center, which is the tutoring center. They have really helped me out alot, and I feel that thanks to that I have been successful in some of my classes. Besides the tutoring center, they also offer private tutoring at an affordable price for students. The professors and staff are also very nice and helpful. Overall I am a happy student here at North Seattle College.

Maya

I think North Seattle College is on its way to being the best community college in Seattle. We have a food pantry and on campus housing is their project for next year. Faculty and staff are generally well educated individuals that students can reach out to. Our disabilities services is not always the most cooperative and International programs hold pretty fun events. In terms of diversity and inclusion, they've done a great job and have speakers come every week and have panels. Facilities does a great job in keeping everything clean and the overall environment is very healthy and uplifting.

Natasha

Most of the people attending are either getting their gpa up to get into the UW, or getting an AA to transfer there. There are also a lot of running start students from several local high schools. For this reason a good portion of the students aren't where they'd like to be, and many can't wait to get out. I love it here however, the professors are great and funny, and the art program especially is tight knit and underrated.

Leah

While at North, I have attempted to find what I truly love to do and create a path for a successful future, for myself and anyone whose lives could be improved through education. While in pursuit of hands-on opportunities and projects, I have discovered a plethora of opportunities at my school. I am proud to say I am a founding member and former President of North’s Rocketry Club, and with this group I have created telemetry packages, rockets, and rocket motors. Additionally, I have taken the opportunity to join the RST program and work on a project with amazing faculty members. My love of what I study has also led me to work alongside brilliant scientists at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, as a USRA intern. I hope to continue this passion to learn, explore and become a master of my craft. I feel that North Seattle College has given me many opportunities to succeed. The faculty and staff are very supportive and try their best to ensure we have a good education and future. I enjoy the smaller class sizes and environment in the area. There are several shops nearby that are conducive to studying. I have made several supportive friends at my school who have been nothing less than amazing. Prior to attending, I became inspired to pursue a fundamental desire to learn more about the world—especially engineering, so I could help solve major problems in the world, and also to see where that would take me. I feel that North Seattle College has been a great place for me to pursue my dreams and that I’m getting off to a great start.

As mentioned above, I have not begun attending NSCC. I did attend Edmonds Community College in high school as a part of the running start program. The one thing that I remember about attending a community college is that the campus was very diverse. A wide variety of ages sticks out most in my mind. It actually made the environment very comfortable but still challenged me. I realized how important it was to appreciate the education I was receiving.

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself to not be blinded by grades and emphasize that learning the material is the most important aspect of college. It can be challenging on a quarter system but it is so much more valuable to understand the material than to memorize and forget once the quarter is done. There are so many choices that can potentially affect your entire life following college graduation. I would also advise myself to take advantage of eveything that my college has to offer. There is an office full of people that are there to advise you as part of their job. They know about all the programs and all the opportunities that the college has to offer. Lastly, I would advise that I do several internships. Real life experiences is by far the most useful aspect to becoming a successful adult. In college imany times it appears there is a right and wrong answer, in real life, there are many more "gray" areas versus being just" black and white". Internships are also so useful because there is a beginning and end date. More experience the better!

I am finishing up pre-req's at North Seattle Community College. I will only be attending for Spring 2010. As of now I haven't run into anything that is frustrating about the NSCC. They offer evening and online classes which will work best for my work schedule.

Jason

My school is a very nice and beautiful school.

My school is a very nice and beautiful school.

stick around in school kid. do not drop out of school again and life will be good.

elodie

My school is a place where goals and dreams can be a reality.

My school is a place where goals and dreams can be a reality.

My Classmates are determined students who have a vision. They are a group of very talented young adults who want to make a difference in society. They know where they want to go and know what they must do to accomplish their goal.

I would tell myself to push through. That it gets harder and I have to put forth the effort in order to get the result I want. College is hard and College professors are hard on you. College teachers aren't asking you if you did your homework or giving you extensions on your homework or test. Study, Study and Study for homework and tests. And most importantly buy yourself a day planner.

Aron

"Dear High School Senior Aron, Before you toss this aside, as you have so many other pearls of wisdom, and decide to continue learning the hard way, take a moment to ponder this letter. Though you may see yourself wise beyond your years never forget that reality holds no regard for your so-called wisdom. There is no more humbling an experience than realizing your own lack of wisdom, especially when others are there to share in said experience. Be patient and be attentive. As much as you may hate to hear this, education will most assuredly open more opportunities than you could imagine. Commit to this now. Being frugal doesn't mean your cheap. Being impulsive is exciting, but think before you act. Trust in people. Invest in yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Learn from every experience. Be confident while at the same time possessing humility. Take these invaluable words of guidance and practice them each day. Trust me, you'll thank me later. Now, I've got to get back to my time machine Delorean before I miss the lightning strike. -Your Elder Self P.S. Avoid business men named Madoff"

I wish I would have known about the quality of education provided at North Seattle Community College. I would have started much earlier than I did. Of course, just about every school believes in their level of education, but having been in the working world prior to attending NSCC, I already see the benefits of my education. I feel like I will be very prepared to attend any four year university as though I had attended a four year university from the start.

In my time at North Seattle Community College I have noticed a very diverse student body. People from all walks of life with very different goals in mind come together and make it a rather enjoyable experience. In my opinion, anyone who wanted to attend this school and sneak out without engaging others or being engaged by others, socially or academically, may have a difficult time. There really is no kind of person that couldn't thrive and North Seattle Community. NSCC staff and students create an environment that is ideal for learning.

North Seattle College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.