North Seattle College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Seattle College

Peter

This college has helped me so much in my journey to start a new career. From my own experience and those I have met the school offers great transfer degree options, a great place to do running start, and even art studios for those in the community who want to practice their arts or learn a new one at an affordable cost. Most of my professors have been very helpful and great teachers. The administrators of the school are always helpful as individuals however the administrative systems can be frustrating and tiresome to navigate. The architecture is Brutalist and I find it very creative and beautiful if not bleak. Overall I am very happy that this school is the closest college to me as I very much enjoy it.

Blandy

It is an okay school to get an aa, but if you're thinking about spending more than twoyears here, i dont think it is a good idea it is okay priced, but its not super fun, I think its a good start for your career.

Leah

While at North, I have attempted to find what I truly love to do and create a path for a successful future, for myself and anyone whose lives could be improved through education. While in pursuit of hands-on opportunities and projects, I have discovered a plethora of opportunities at my school. I am proud to say I am a founding member and former President of North’s Rocketry Club, and with this group I have created telemetry packages, rockets, and rocket motors. Additionally, I have taken the opportunity to join the RST program and work on a project with amazing faculty members. My love of what I study has also led me to work alongside brilliant scientists at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, as a USRA intern. I hope to continue this passion to learn, explore and become a master of my craft. I feel that North Seattle College has given me many opportunities to succeed. The faculty and staff are very supportive and try their best to ensure we have a good education and future. I enjoy the smaller class sizes and environment in the area. There are several shops nearby that are conducive to studying. I have made several supportive friends at my school who have been nothing less than amazing. Prior to attending, I became inspired to pursue a fundamental desire to learn more about the world—especially engineering, so I could help solve major problems in the world, and also to see where that would take me. I feel that North Seattle College has been a great place for me to pursue my dreams and that I’m getting off to a great start.

Maya

I think North Seattle College is on its way to being the best community college in Seattle. We have a food pantry and on campus housing is their project for next year. Faculty and staff are generally well educated individuals that students can reach out to. Our disabilities services is not always the most cooperative and International programs hold pretty fun events. In terms of diversity and inclusion, they've done a great job and have speakers come every week and have panels. Facilities does a great job in keeping everything clean and the overall environment is very healthy and uplifting.

Maria

I love the college, and the class sizes are fairly small. I also like all the services that this college offers. I especially like the student learning center, which is the tutoring center. They have really helped me out alot, and I feel that thanks to that I have been successful in some of my classes. Besides the tutoring center, they also offer private tutoring at an affordable price for students. The professors and staff are also very nice and helpful. Overall I am a happy student here at North Seattle College.

Natasha

Most of the people attending are either getting their gpa up to get into the UW, or getting an AA to transfer there. There are also a lot of running start students from several local high schools. For this reason a good portion of the students aren't where they'd like to be, and many can't wait to get out. I love it here however, the professors are great and funny, and the art program especially is tight knit and underrated.

Emilio

It's a well maintained school. Both the student body and the faculty are kind and open-minded. Participation is a big part of North Seattle College, whether it be the student government, clubs, campus-wide events, or in-class activities. North Seattle College also has great assistance services, such as a large staff of educational advisors, a very large tutoring center with plenty of tutors, and an office staff to help with virtually any question a student might have. There are also a variety of on-campus jobs for students who need to make some extra money while in school. There is a special job center on campus that can assist in getting job either on or off campus, whether it be with building a strong resume, or finding a close-to-home job to apply for. With all of the student support that this school offers, I highly recommend getting an Associate's degree at this community college before going to a four-year university.

Lane

They're alright I guess. Teachers are a hit and miss as well as if you'll even get the opportunity to pick from a decent selection of course. You have to dig in the website or contact the school for days to figure out simple information. I do enjoy that you can cross enroll in he Seattle districts though

Sydney

I have taken majority of my classes online, but have noticed that I have to be the one to find opportunities at the school. I have also been fighting with the financial aid department because they seem to never be able to keep records straight. It is unfortunate, but being able to obtain a bachelors degree at a fraction of the cost has made me stick to their IBS Program. There are some great supervisors, mostly associated with the program that I am enrolled in.