Calmar, IA
Northeast Iowa Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeast Iowa Community College

Breanna

Northeast Iowa Community College is a nice community college to attend. I took my courses online during my two years as a student, and their website they used for classes was easy to use. It is a common website used because the college I attend now uses the same website as well. The campus also looks very nice, and it is located within a neighborhood, with a grocery store and gas station only a few blocks away.

Alexis

Very good school. Professors are smart academically and will challenge you and push you out of your comfort zone. They want the best for you and they want to make sure that you get good grades. The food is good and the ladies in the kitchen are very nice and helpful. It is a very clean campus.

Isabelle

Northeast Iowa community college offers a great education for a greater price. There are few colleges that come close to the price of NICC. I’m very glad I decided to attend here for my first two years because I’m earning my AA degree quickly, and with lots of help from teachers.

Tristan

I don't really brag about my school but I do try to convince people to attend college here. I guess one of the reasons I talk up about my school is that it is community college and the prices are pretty good. I would recommend it to anybody

Anyone could attend this school. It is very diligent about recruiting people into clubs and organisations. Also my college is very good about helping students with disabilities and helping students to learn their best to their capabilities. that is at lest how I feel.

I wish that I was told that there are study cubicles in the library. I love these little enclosed boxes. Its my own studying space that I don't need to share with anyone else and I can get much more organised.

Brett

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd probably be better off than I currently feel like I am. I would tell myself to really sit down and think about what I want to be when I grow up; apply to any college that even interests you a little bit, but only if it has a major that you can achieve your future career with. I would tell myself that worrying about how you're going to afford it isn't necessary because in the end you'll be making a living doing what you love and you'll eventually pay all your student loans back. I'd tell myself to make sure to stay motivated, though, so that the money you're paying to attend college doesn't go to waste. Get involved in as many things that make you feel happy and good about yourself as possible because going through college without any friends or any fun isn't going to keep you motivated. In fact, it does just the opposite. Also, apply for as many scholarships as possible, and don't stray from the rigth path. Good luck!

I think it's great that even though it's such a small school there's still so many activities to be a part of or witness. Not that I've participated in any of them, as I don't have too much free time, but it's still pretty wonderful.

I wish I had fully known and understood how long the waiting period was going to be for my professional program. Although, it's kind of irrelevant now because I didn't actually have sit around and wait during the two year waiting period as I was accepted during my first year at the school.

David

NICC is small, but friendly campus that is easy to get around and slogan of student driven...community focused.

The one thing that i think is really unique about NICC is the fact that it is small and there are all kinds of options. If you are like me and live 30 min. away you can take online classes or classes throught ICN right in my home town at the NICC center. Another thing thats unique about NICC is that all the classes are usually under 30 students, so there is alot of one on one with the professor.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself some advice about college the major things I would tell myself would be: I would tell myself to be better prepared and that each class takes three hours a week for class, but takes more of your own time after class. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about work and try and focus more on the homework then making money. I would also warn myself not to get locked down on just one major, because it could end up that I won't like after taking a few classes. But the biggest thing I regret not doing during high school was not taking advantage of the college classes offered during high school that would have helped by not having so many general education courses to worry about once I was in college. The last thing I would tell myself is not to worry about trying to have fun but worry about the homework before the fun

Natasha

When looking back at something I wish I would have known before college life, many things come to mind. The major thing I believe affects college students includes stress! Students have such a difficult time adjusting to their new lifestyles. Usually, they aren't at home anymore. They need to rely on themselves for everything. They need to learn how to balance fun and education at the same time. Luckily, I didn't have an extremely difficult time adjusting, and I was ok with spending most of my time studying compared to having fun. College time is a time for me to develope into another productive working citizen in America. I enjoy school so much that I made it fun with friends and study groups. Having friends that enjoy similar things really helps the transition into college life. One of the final things I would tell myself is to "RELAX!" Everyone makes mistakes. It is about how you learn from those mistakes made.

Nothing, my school offers many oppurtunities for students of all ages. It has small class sizes which allows more one-on-one time. The cost to attend my college is more affordable compared to others, and I can work towards getting the same experience and education.

Someone in junior high or lower for obvious reasons. Students are able to attend NICC to get their GED, to work towards their college degree, or to work towards a certain vocation. So many opportunities are available.

Kourtney

I would tell myself that it is all up to you. You no longer have to have a note from your parent or have them call in. You must be very self motivated or you will not make it in the college life.

The town of Calmar is very small, wich can be a disadvantage. The disadvantage of this is that there is only one gas station and a couple resturants, nothing else. The closest town with any kind of store is a ten mile drive.

Someone who wants a big city life.

Northeast Iowa Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.