Northeast State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northeast State Community College

John

Northeast State is a perfect school. There is no real fooling around, and people are there for a purpose which personally I love. There is not a big party culture because we do not have dorms we live in. Many people live locally with family. The teachers not only know what they're doing, but most of them have worked at Eastman, at least in my field of chemistry, and now they've retired and became teachers for fun. It is a very good school especially with a large music production program. If you are interested in a college education that you don't have to worry about all the silly little expenses and teachers you can talk to then this is a good college for you.

Mariah

The class sizes at Northeast State are one of the main reasons I decided to attend this school. All of the teachers are dedicated to helping students truly understand the material and they're all easily accessible through office hours or email. The course load is manageable, the campus feels safe, and it doesn't take more than 5-10min to get from class to class across campus.

Amber

This college is pretty terrible. I transferred here from a different community college before I go to a university. This college seems like a bunch of people were bored and decided to put together a 'school'. NONE of the advisors know what they are doing, and most students have to stay for 5 or more semesters just to get all of their credits. I would not recommend going here if you are serious about your education.

Benjamin

I attended here a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed the campus and all the teachers that I met. Every teacher that I spoke with seemed to have a high intellect outside of the subject they taught. They are there to actually help you and not there just to teach day to day. I really love everything the campus has to offer, it opens up many opportunities for future careers close to my home. I really hope I get to go back this semester and be able to get my education I need to thrive in society.

Sydnee

I use to cringe at the thought of attending a community college. In the high school I graduated from, only the students who couldn't get into an "actual" college went to community college. After graduation I quickly realized that the financial burden that came with college was a lot greater than I anticipated. Long story short, I am currently attending Northeast State Community College approaching the end of my first semester and I could not be more pleasantly surprised. The curriculum is difficult and yet the professors are always available for extra help. 7 days a week tutoring is available and the homework is designed for understanding rather than completion. The extra-curricular activities are incredibly fun and productive and everyone is always welcoming. I could not be more proud to be a student at Northeast State Community College.

Sophie

Initially, I was skeptical about NeSCC. Now that I have been there for a few semesters, I have really grown to appreciate and like the school. Community colleges are given a lot of flack, but I have found that NeSCC is a great school with excellent resources, great courses, and a faculty which goes above and beyond to help students succeed in their education and future careers.

DeAnna

I love Northeast State the professors are caring and the classes are very engaging. I feel that I can be apart of the college and interact with other students easily. I always feel safe and know that if I have a problem someone can help me. The majority of the staff I have come in contact with are caring and helpful.

I am loving it so far, Northeast State Community College has not been too bad of a transition from high school to college. My professors so far are very kind and understanding. My main complaint is the extended campus has less opportunities than the main. My fellow students are very friendly as well so I am a happy camper so far.

Jordan

Northeast State Community college is an amazing stepping stone if a student is getting ready for a four year college. The class sizes are small and the instructors actually care if you succeed or not while in their class. When on campus you always feel safe, knowing there are security guards available and the parking lots are lit up at night for extra safety and peace of mind.

It is a pretty good 2 year school. It's smaller so the class sizes are smaller and the teachers can be much more hands on with the students. Each teacher also has office hours so you can meet outside of class as well. The classes are informative, but not too hard. I like that most everyone is there to get the job done and get a degree. It isn't a party school. I like Northeast State and would recommend it to anyone going to get a 2 year degree first.

Alisha

My opinion is, it's a great college and when I need help with anything school or personal there's help. I'm not a social butterfly, but everyone is friendly. I feel that the safety on campus is awesome and if you feel threatened at all there is help with students and teachers. I love this college and I only wish it was a 4 year college but it's just a 2 year.

adam

It is a wonderful school that really makes learning personal. Your professors know your name and the small class sizes allow them to teach to a class or an individual. They offer many great services like free tutoring Monday - Saturday which for anyone that has ever been to a bigger four year school you know how expensive that can be. Your professors are quick to to respond and really go the extra mile as far as keeping convenient office hours. It is a great school and their expanding so they can continue to be great.

Ashleigh

It's been a good experience so far. The professors and faculty are always willing to go above and beyond for their students.

Rebecca

I think that the college is great. It is just small enough that you can be there to learn and not have to worry about having huge classes or not having your voice heard. Class sizes are small, kept to under twenty. Campuses are easy to navigate and staff are always helpful when you need help.

Brooklyn

I love Northeast State. I have been there before and graduated with one Associate’s Degree, and I am now finishing ip my second Associate’z Degree in a transfer pathway. I love the professors as well as campus life. They have no on-campus housing due to being a small community college, but they work with students who need online classes or need to take the class at one of the other campuses.

Katherine

Some of the professors are amazing teachers and would do anything to see you succeed. The majority do not care and teach by reading directly from the book the entire time. It’s way better to take online classes and teach yourself because they just won’t teach you, and just don’t care.

Northeast State provided me with such a solid foundation upon which I will continue to build my education. This college, while small, gave its students such attention and dedication to succeed. I would recommend attending to anyone because not only will you save money in the long run, you will achieve a greater appreciation for people due to the kindness and compassion of the professors.

Seth

I love the place 99% of the time that I am there. There are a lot of good people, options for food, and great culture there. Plus the class sizes are small enough were you can get into contact with a teacher and it not take days and days for them to reply to you.