Northeast Texas Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northeast Texas Community College

Sydney

I think it is a respectable community college in this area of Texas. With the limited amount of resources for a college of NTCC’s size, I believe they do the best they can with what they are given. I only take classes online, but I have been on campus many times over the years for various reasons.

ALYSSA

Northeast Texas Community College is a wonderful campus where the teachers care about your success, if you do. All it takes to receive the help you need from a teacher is simply to ask. There are also other faculty on campus very interested in student success (counselors, etc.) who can be reached at any time. The school has a fantastic theatre program and center for the performing arts where there is a play, seminar or concert nearly every week.

Teresita

Overall not a bad experience. Generally felt like 13th year of school if you graduated from a nearby HS. If you take the time to join at least one club/organization that'll make your time there more memorable. Be thankful of the free parking while you have it!

Jillian

The professors often base their opinion of the class on one student that does well, so then they assume that the whole class will do well, or vice versa. Also, the campus has been under construction for many semesters, and it is very distracting to have power drills and sledgehammers in the background of your government class. They cut off many parts of the campus, making us students walk much further than necessary, and sometimes that means you are late to class.

NTCC is an excellent community college. The campus is in great condition and many new renovations have been made to improve overall campus experience. Most importantly, the professors promote active learning and truly want to help students succeed. Often, many professors and other faculty members go above and beyond.

Destiny

The student services staff are completely rude! They do not greet anybody that walks in unless it’s one of the staff. I can never talk about something that I need help with to them. I email them every single day about my transcript and shot records and they NEVER respond!! I went all the way to my hospital to get a copy of my shot records and then faxed the shot records that they “claim” they never received. Afterwards, I even emailed them a photo of my shot records and got one little response that said “Thanks”. I was thinking they got the shot record hold off of my account the next 2 days and it was STILL on there that they didn’t receive it. I was furious and had to go all the way to mount pleasant just to get a transcript when I’ve tried so many possible ways for them to receive it. If I didn’t care about my education, I would’ve never went through this. They do not help with anything. I really miss the old Student Services crew that was there a couple of years ago. Plus, they need to change their attitudes. I will never EVER go back to this college ever again. Thank god there are many options out there.

Adana

This is a very small college. They only play soccer and softball/baseball. Some of the programs have been closed down in the past several years due to funding or a lack there of. Most people on campus are not very social unless you know them, but the facility/staff is very nice and helpful.

My overall opinion of Northeast Texas Community College is that it’s a great community college. It has a lot to offer a new or returning student. Friendly and most helpful staff I’ve experienced. Clean and well maintained campus grounds. They keep the staff , students and visitors updated by providing a weekly newspaper ; full of current events and students opinion. I’ve been really satisfied with the outstanding results the college offers in all areas.