Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northeast Wisconsin Technical College

Brian

It's a good starting point for undecided people. It has a lot to offer and it's getting better and better as the school finds a way to better interact with the students. Even if the student transfer credits they still a nice jumpstart by starting here.

Pa

I feel that Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a great school. I feel safe and everyone helps each other. Professors and advisors are usually in their office waiting for a student to come up with a question or problem they need help with. I feel that they also have a lot of resources to help students achieve their degree. One example is having academic coaching in the library. There are people who are chosen to help students and understand a concept.

Song

Instructors and college staff are always friendly and willing to help. The best part of the college was the hands-on experience you gain. NWTC was different from previous universities I attended. Instead of teaching theory and philosophy, the college focuses on application of knowledge and skills. You are provided with the resources and experience needed to be successful in the field. The college also has a strong tie to the community and businesses that are looking for qualified graduates.

Grant

NWTC, was a great college. Very new and safe atmosphere and always adding new classes and programs. They were constantly doing things for their students. Each week there were different activities or events that students could participate in. The food on campus was good with variety, but cost an arm and a leg. Professors were very helpful and knowledgable and were easily available. I enjoyed taking classes at this college.

Chastyn

Overall, my opinion of Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is that it has been a great choice for me, for that fact that it's affordable and it allows me a lot of hands-on experiences to truly learn in a visual way. The program I am in is outstanding and competitive, but it just motivates me.

By far one of the best schools! There are so many great resources as well as staff available! There is free counseling if needed, a free clinic for students, the library is large and even has several small study rooms to take advantage of. There's free tutoring also! I could go on and on but this is definitely such a great school with so many helpful resources to take advantage of!

Amy

A friend of our family told me to check out Northeast Wisconsin Technical College to study early childhood education. I did and loved the idea. In May of 2017 I got to visit the campus in Green Bay WI and it was great. We learned how to register online and choose our classes and received a list of needed college books. Everyone was very helpful and very friendly. I will start attending in August 2017

Sam

Northeast Wisconsin Technical Colleges is one of the best colleges out there. While it may not be a four year institution, it easily competes by providing a hands-on education to its students that prepares them for the workforce before ever even leaving the classroom. Its staff include individuals who have worked in the industries that they teach providing a real world outlook on the industries. Aside from the intellectual and friendly staff and informational classes, the college encourages students to become involved in various groups and organizations to promote issues or just have some fun in their free time. The college is a great example of unity and respect for everyone and has a diverse student base that adds to the culture of the college.

Mason

You will do great here if you are in the trades, the school leans heavily on the trades. They also focus a bit on nursing. However, the school only goes up to an associates degree in nursing which is unfortunately not enough in this day and age to get a decently high paying job. There is not a whole lot of student life other than a few clubs, the campus is typically dead, aside from the normal class times. No greek life whatsoever, never any parties, and most of the students go to the campus just for class, and then leave once they are done, so it is kind of hard to make any friends outside of your program. The campus itself is very nice and super contemporary. I am mostly just there to boost my gpa and then leave. So if you are looking to have fun, go to parties, do anything extra curricular, and get something higher than an associate's degree, then this is not the school for you. But if you want to boost your high school gpa, want super cheap education and graduate debt free, or are in the trades, then this school is perfect for you.

Ryan

I believe that Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is an astonishing facility. People either see it as a place to pursue their life dreams or a place to further education before heading to somewhere else. They have great classes that provide a unique classroom aspect.

Mala

I LOVED it here at NWTC. Without a doubt, professors were always accommodating, always sending out daily reminders with notes to reach out to them if you had any questions and always willing to meet up with you if you still needed the help with a problem. They keep expanding so there's no end to what programs there are and what you can do. All the advisers are amazing as well, granted some of them kept normal business hours so it's hard to catch them sometimes when you needed the one assigned to you. Yet, if you can't get to them, another adviser will step up to help you to the best of their knowledge. I can go on and on about NWTC, but one of the best things is their events, there's always an event happening there!

Danika

I'm going to be going to NWTC my my nursing degree! I honestly can't wait, I've been in there for meeting and Im so happy I have got accepted everyone there makes me feel like home and safe! They are willing to help everyone and not only with school also outside of school of you need help, or just need to talk about things! I can't wait to be part of the NWTC family starting this summer, and for a couple years!