Chicago, IL
Northeastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Illinois University

Araceli

I am Araceli Navarro. I am a sophomore college student at Northeastern Illinois University determined to obtain a bachelor's degree in psychology. My educational aspirations consist of acquiring a bachelor's degree with a major in psychology and a minor in biology which would assist me in my career as a neonatal nurse. Northeastern does not provide a degree for nursing but they had lovely people who were able to guide me with prenursing courses. From the very beginning at NEIU, I felt relieved that they were able to set me up with a timeline of courses I could take that will count towards pre-nursing prerequisites. Furthermore, I feel comfortable attending this very diverse university. Previously in the high school I attended, students will get in trouble for speaking their native language. However, at NEIU, we are motivated to express our cultures and embrace it. The Pedroso Center is one area on the main campus that sets up many events with different themes. Along with various events hosted in this area, they show support for the LQBTQ community. It feels great to be part of a university that considers us not only students. There is a community at this university and it is always nice to be greeted by friendly people at school. Additionally, NEIU provides many resources and opportunities for many people. People are able to get into the Scholars program or the TRIO program that provides them with extra help. These programs help many students academically and financially; they allow students to keep track of their studies and get help in obtaining scholarships. Overall, Northeastern Illinois University has provided a wonderful college experience to myself and others. NEIU is a great place to further your education, provides areas where you can hang out with friends, and perfect scenery for artistic individuals.

Ceci

Northeastern Illinois University is an affordable option to obtain a degree. The atmosphere is nice, the professors (at least the ones I've had) were accesible outside class, and they were willing to help when needed. There are a variety of extracurricular activities available and you can usually see groups of students doing activities outside class.

danielle

I believe Northeastern has a huge variety of things you can study. Even though it might not have a specific major you're looking for, you can always work your way there and still complete your degree your currently working on. The campus isn't the biggest, but the people that are on campus definitely make up for it! The staff is amazing there and they make you feel so welcomed. Northeastern is my current #1 to choice and I couldn't be more excited to attend there!

Diego

It is a great campus for those who are pursuing an education degree like elementary, high school, or college.

Naomi

North eastern Illinois university is a safe place for me to learn. I feel it is diverse and the staff treat me well. I meet people who speak my language and I feel good about it. I don't feel alone. I meet other who are like me . The professors are so nice and easy to communicate with. The only problem I am having is with financial.

Preksha

I really love Northeastern Illinois University. I think that student population is brilliant, and is very active. The professors, tutors, and almost everybody on campus is quite welcoming. The class sizes are comparatively small, which is great because it helps the students focus better in the class. We have great tutors and mentors on campus, who are genuinely passionate about what they do.

liset

My overall opinion of Northeastern Illinois University is eccentric and welcoming. When I got admitted there the Fall of 2017, it was welcoming and peaceful that there is many support systems and people who can help you in anyway, you're not alone. I was relief that they did so not only that, but offer so much more than other schools that I went to visit and reviews to see what was the best fit for me. The students and the campus is very diverse and I love it! I always wanted to have a diverse community with no hate and learn more about one another. I would say that this school is best fit for students who can't afford much and want to be able to go to a University. Starting off a Freshman or a Transfer, they'll admit you to one of the programs that they would help guide your way to college and understanding it as well! I recommend it if you're looking something extravagant and welcoming!

Noah

I feel it's a wonderful school committed to learning.

I feel it's a wonderful school committed to learning.

Tru

it's a school with small classes which create a better learning place, the school is fine and the food is fine too.

Alis

I would say that this is a great school for those who only worry about their academics, but if there were more sports, it would allow student to be more active and encourage them to come to NEIU; but otherwise than that, the professors make sure that we know what is going on in class, that we stay on track and pass our classes, and are willing to help. The counselors also offer advice on how we should schedule ourselves for each semester so that we do not regret the choices we make. Overall, it is a great school.

Northeastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.