Chicago, IL
Northeastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Illinois University

Now that I am in college I regret that I did not do a few things differently between high shool and college. If I could go back I would tell myself to just generally work a lot harder. In high school I did not really have a good attitude about school. I figured that things would just generally work out so I did not really need to worry too much. It turned out that I was wrong. I would have gone back and told myself to get my head in school and participate a lot more. I would tell myself that when applying for colleges do not just apply to only a few. It left me with very few options. I would have told myself to not base it on money because I would be able to figure something out in the end. I would say do not just apply to schools that are not just close to home but also far away. I would tell myself to keep my head in what I was doing and not finish to just get it over with because it is a sticky process.

Before I came to Northeastern I wish I knew what I wanted to do for a career. When I applied for different colleges it was really difficult becuase I did not know what to base it on. Northeastern ended up being a good choice since I am going to go into art education. I would have liked to know more about which classes I had to take and what they would be like and if the departments were in good shape or not.

The worst thing about my school is that nobody tells the students what the school offers. It is really hard to find out all the different opportunities the students can have . The students have to find out every single thing themselves and there really is not anybody to point them in the right direction. It is really hard to find out what the students needs to do and find out about their education. It is like this because the officials point you from one person to the next without really knowing what they are doing themselves.

Christine

The advice I would give myself is to take more time to pick the right school. Focus on what u really want to do and choose the school that offers your major. Set aside some time for yourself to develop a study pattern because when going to college it will help. Stay focus and content on your goals, so that you can achieve them and have fun doing it.

Northeastern University is a diversity school, so come as your are. This school celebrate all cultures and encourage student to be proud of wh they are. Student we who like to meet new people and make a difference should attend Northeastern. Northeastern offers different kinds of programs where student can express themselves in ways that fit them. Northeastern is a very great school and you are sure to find happiness here.

People we dont want a future should not attend Northeastern University. Students who dont want to learn about different cultures, or meet new people shouldn't attend Northeastern.

Zlatan

The classes are field with students from many different cultures.

The classes are field with students from many different cultures.

To follow my dremas. Never to give up on things that can be accomplished. Work hard because it all pays on the end. Education is most important thing in our life.

This school has good programs for Bussines, Social studies, education. Its not a big school, so its easy to get around.

Ojo

I would stress the importance of choosing a major that will be of use, throughout your entire adult life. The transition from high school to college is often a rocky one. Therefore, a great deal of thought needs to go into exactly what goals should be set. The most important long term goal is the selection of a major, with the short term goal being what types of classes that one plans to initially enroll. Contained within this decision, is whether one wants to major in subjects that have interested them throughout grade school and high school. Another consideration is whether one chooses a major in regards to the monetary compensation that comes with the studying of a specific major. This perhaps is the one decision that will shape an individual's life more than any other. Herein lies the dilemna involved in making the decision to attend college, along with the monumental choice of what subject to study. The transition between high school and college is the ladder between childhood and adulthood. This is why the decision at this relatively young point in life will have ramifications throughout the life of an individual.

I wish that I would have known more about the age range of the students attending school. I am a non-traditional student and the majority of the student body is quite a bit younger than myself.

A person that comes from a diverse background. One thing that I must give the school credit for is that the students come fom a very wide range of backgrounds. I feel that an environment like this is very constructive to learn about people from different cultures.

Susan

I would tell myself so many things that at the time seemed common sense but that I ultimately forgot. I'd tell myself not to worry about the little things and to look at the bigger picture of what the ultimate goal of my college experience was. I'd say that there are several reasons why I'm going to college and that is to graduate and grow as a person. To take care of myself physically and mentally. I wouldn't tell myself to be ridiculously cautious because then there's also no room for mistakes, leaving no room for learning and growth. I'd tell myself that it's okay to say no and to take time out for myself. But ultimately, I'd also tell myself to enjoy the ride and the experience because it truely is a once in a lifetime experience.

Casien

My school is well known for its education program. It's a strong program, and there are a lot of different programs available, such as Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, and other Masters programs.

I would first tell myself to choose my major carefully. I started out as a vocal performance major, and while I love music, it's really not a practical major. I also started out at a really expensive school. I would tell myself to at least start at a less expensive school for my general education courses. Spending thousands of dollars for a math or english course really doesn't make sense, and I didn't know that when I was in High School. I would also tell myself that a lot of the work in college happens at home. You have to study. I didn't have to study in High School and expected the same in college. That really wasn't the case. I would tell myself not to work too much, as well. I picked up a lot of side jobs to try to pay for school and it made it really difficult for me to have a social life or complete my schoolwork. I did a lot of my assignments the night before they were due, hyped up on Mountain Dew to stay awake.

There is no housing on campus. The college makes a point of posting apartments that are available in the area, but I could find those myself, and they're usually a lot more expensive than campus housing would be. I also have a very long drive, sometimes around 2 hours, and it would be nice to be able to stay on campus instead of driving in every day that I have class.

Tasnim

Colleagues with the power to succeed and create a change in the future .

Colleagues with the power to succeed and create a change in the future .

As a senior, I would prepare myself as much as possible in order to make a transition to college life. The transition from highschool to college involves a lot of responsibility and along with this comes the ability to be independent in a lot more areas. In order to prepare myself to enter a whole new level or stage of the educational process, I would get involved in educatonal programs specifically geared towards preparing high school students for college. Preparation for college can also be made by interacting with teachers and peers who have the college experience already. A College advisor would also be a good resource for future prospective college students to take advantage of. College advisors provide a lot of basic and informative knowledge in order to help prepare students who are making the transition from high school to college.

NEIU had a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria and ever since it was remodeled there is no more Pizza Hut. Now they serve cafeteria pizza which are not as delightful as Pizza Hut's pizza.

Athena

In high school I thought I would be able to breeze through life as I did through grammar and high school. Academics always came very easy to me and I did minimal work. If I could go back and give myself any advice, it would be to be more responsible with school work and take it more seriously. College is no joke, and when a professor says a paper is due in two weeks, that paper is due in TWO WEEKS, and there may not be another reminder about it. I would also tell myself to take on harder academic courses and Advanced Placement (AP) classes so that I would have college-credit courses under my belt before even entering a university setting. By doing this I would be that much closer to graduation, and receiving financial may have been simpler. But things happen for a reason, and I am enjoying my college experience. Even if I had to learn the hard way, the point is that I learned.

I did not know much about NEIU before attending, except that it had a great program for teacher certification. I am glad I did not know too much, because it made my experience that much more fun when I got to know more about the campus and faculty.

NEIU is prestigious for it's education courses. This is a university which excels in training students to become great leaders in the educational field. NEIU has recently picked up several other majors and is well known for its Fine Arts. Another reason NEIU is a great choice is the affordability. Students receive a quality education for a lower price than other Chicago universities.

Briana

Its a smaller campus located on the North side of Chicago. The classes are smaller, so there is alot of one on one between the students and teachers. Help is available in every aspect.

They seem excited and determined to be there, which motivates me even more to do well in school. They create a positive and inviting environment to be in

I would tell myself to really examine and reflect on what direction I want to take with my life. In high school, I was more worried about high school, and not necessarily college. Everything was moving so fast that it was hard for me to grasp the idea that this education is going to be the foundation for the career I choose. I would also tell myself that it is not going to be easy, but that it is definitely vital and an incredible experience.

Jacklyn

Do not put off what can be done today for tomorrow. Always keep in mind, while it's GREAT to do for others, you have to do for yourself first before you can help others. Take every opportunity that crosses your path because you never know how it can benifit you. Find a balance between life, school, friends, work and family. Figure out a Plan B for life and work it out to the T, if possible.

Honestly, I think Northeastern is a good school for one to complete GEN EDs. Or if you want to become a teacher. It is a well rounded school and has something for everybody.

How great the music program/department is at Northeastern. About Que Ondee Sola and U.P.R.S. and that we will be getting a Latino/a Cultural and Resource Center very soon!

Northeastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.