Chicago, IL
Northeastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Illinois University

Assil

If I could go back in the time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would apply for more scholarships and have financial aid done earlier. Study hard from the beginning, turn homework's on time and talk to people who major the same my major, that help me to know what classes I have to take or what I'm going to do after the four-year of university. Involved in activities and clubs helps to communicate with student and make you learn more about the university. Choose the classes carefully and drop it earlier. I have to be positive about everything happened I don't have to take advantage because of my grades or teachers just studey. Being in touch with my teachers help me a lot to keep on track with homework, grades, and tests. I like to visit my university couple times before the school start that help me know the departments and where are my classes. Talk to my advisory all the time especially when I get confused about my major or my classes. That's what I want if I could go back and talk to myself as high school senior.

I consider northeastern university is the best school because classes’ size is only 19, student could involve in many clubs and activities, teachers staff are nice and also it’s easy to be close to your teachers. A lot of programs that offered for students. they offer a lot of help for disability students, students struggle with homework’s they do have to support learning center help student with homework’s

I would brag the learning support center because they help a lot with homework’s and they do have workshops that help the freshman student to know more about the university.

Clifton

My classmates were ready to learn and willing to be taught.

My classmates were ready to learn and willing to be taught.

I would tell myself to always believe in myself. Do not ever give up on self. Ask for help because help is always available. Do not be fearful of achievement. Always have confidence in myself and understand that hard work will pay off in a good way. Study to show my aproval with self and others. Always hang with positive people and people that want to be sucessful in life. Respect your parents, teachers and elders at all times. Listen to them carefully and learn from them. Do volunteer work and always be ready to help the needy if possible. Commit to doing good in school and out of school. I would raise my hand more and study more diligently. Do not worry or be ashamed at how others will think or feel about me. Always be honest and true to yourself and others. If something is bothering me, talk about it to my parents, teachers, or another responsible adult. Understand that I can make a difference if I stay focused and have a strong desire. Always be willing to help and to be helped. Love people unconditionally. Do not give up. Do not quit. School is the answer !

I did not realize how important it is to get invalved with your community and your school. Joining clubs and being social is not only a great way to make friends, but it is also a great way to build bridges. You never know who you are going to meet and what kind of an asset they may be to you. Putting yourself out there opens many doors, such as network connections, scholarships, and experiences. I have grown so much just by learning from my piers and building profetional relationships with teachers. It took me too long to learn that being shy and blending into the backround does not bennifit my future or enrich my life. For these reasons, I would let my high school self know that time flies by. Make the most of tomorrow today before tomorrow is yesterday!

Mayra

The best four-year college investment you can make.

The best four-year college investment you can make.

Assuming that today is the year 2017; one year after graduating from NEIU. Also, assuming some brilliant person figured out how to build a time machine. I would jump into that time machine and send myself back to my senior year of high school. I would look in the mirror, pat myself on the back, and say “keep up the good work, this will soon pay off.” I would tell myself to cherish the moments I have with my friends because although we might tell each other we will always keep in touch that will not likely happen once college starts. I would encourage myself to be more talkative in class. Enough with being the shy girl in class, shy people get lost in the crowd. I will tell myself to talk as much as I can with my teachers, share my goals of becoming an educator and that way they could help me along the way. I could almost picture myself going out for lunch with my friends to Taco Burrito King. I’d snatch the money away from my own hands and put that money back in my pocket and say “save this! Make your own lunch instead!”

The worst thing about my school is that Northeastern Illinois University is a commuter school. Commuter schools mean not a lot of people stay to hangout after their classes are over. I want to be able to make close friends and it's hard to do that in a commuter school.

Madison

I know it's tough to focus on those dual credit classes you're taking, but it's worth it to study at night for algebra instead of watch the same movies for the 10th time. Pay attention to what your teachers are trying to tell you; that's how you'll learn to study later on. Don't be afraid to take risks or those obscure classes. They'll probably be precursors to courses you'll take in college. Go further in your studies than the minimum of what is required of you. I know it may not seem "cool" to be reviewing flashcards in the library at lunch, but do it anyway, because settling for a got anyone a Suma Cum Laude diploma. Plus, it's so much harder to actually study than you once thought. Gone are the days of skimming a chapter before a quiz. College is real. College is hard. But college is worth it. Suck it up, read your notes, and be great.

The advise I would give my high school self is to always stay determined and positive. This would be benefitial because everyone has a goal, and looking forward and staying positive will get you to where you want to be. College is not as nerve wrecking as what people make it sound, so worrying about what each day would be like would only make you more stressed out. Staying on top of all your work and balancing your activities will make your life so much more easier because everything is getting done, and before you know it you will have time to do the things you want and relax. Lastly, choose your classes carefully. Make time for yourself because there is so much time you have before you graduate, and this involves having patience.

Choosing classes is difficult because when there are different teachers teaching the same class, and the material to be learned is not the same for each teacher. I wish I had known that I had to pull out loans for the entire school year and not just each semester. I also wished I had known that I could not pull out loans when I wanted so that I would not have to wait a whole semester to pull out another loan.

The worst thing about my school is that the classes to choose from are very limited, and many teachers can be very boring. This is the worst thing because I tend to loose intrest in the class and have a different perspective on other courses.

Northeastern is best known for catering to a diverse student population. A large number of Latino as well as Middle Eastern students attend Northeastern, along with a mix of all other races, cultures, and ethnicities. Northeastern is also well known for being slighty more affordable than most 4-year Universities in the area.

I feel that a lot of the curriculum is geared toward Latin American study. I believe in a broader realm of learning - I want to learn not only about Central and South America, but also about the Middle East, Africa, Europe etc.

Kyani

If i had the opportunity to go back and time and talk to myself as a senior. I would tell myself that the things you think are important now, wont matter when you are out of high school. Your popularity won't matter down the road. The heartaches you think you have now are nothing and wont matter either. Use your time wisely to improve your knowlege. Your education is the most important thing. When you are 22 and have a 1 year old daughter the only thing that will matter is that you have a good paying job to take care of your daughter. Sports are fun and excerise is good for you, but its not the only thing that matters. Go to college and dont worry about your boyfriend, he seems important now but down the road he won't even cross your mind. He's not worth your heartache and tears. You will soon realize what I am saying to you. Soak up all the knowlege you can. You are smarter than you give yourself credit for, and you will go far in life.

Carlos

Classmates are responsive, whether it be supportive or critical to an idea, but responsive.

I have come up with four pieces of advice I have learned througout college, that I would tell myself as a high school senior. My most important one is making the right decision. There will be plenty of influences and easy resources to steer away from school work and academic focus, but a constant reminder of what you are in school for should be more than enough to keep you focused. Another piece of advice is be organized. This is a very important one because it brings makes the rest of my advices flow and more natural. When organized, you will have time to do school work, keep up with important events and school functions, and be prepared for the unexpected. An agenda really helps to keep this advice in check. This also makes my thrid piece of advice for me quite simple; be timely. Create a schedule that includes class time, study time, eating time, work time, sleep timeand any other activities that should take up your time. Lastly, be resourceful. Iniciate a relationship with teachers, your adviser and academic clubs to better facilitate your college experience. All these are piece of advice from college Carlos, to senior Carlos.

Be yourself. This school is popuated by individuals, not students. Here at Northeastern, you will learn from others' cultures, religions, backgrounds and where they intend to go career wise. Teachers here are open to students and their beliefs.

Madison

If I could say one thing to myself when I was in high school, I would say "Slow down. Enjoy life." The prime of our lives should never be spent banging out heads against the desk. During my first semester in college I took 15 credits of very academic courses because I felt like it was the only way to get where I wanted to go. Two of those classes were online. It was way too much to handle during my very first semester. I didn't have the work ethic or the responsibility. I was too absorbed in my social life to be able to focus. In short, I still had a high school mindset. It took 2 years of incredibly hard work to get my GPA back up. I became stressed and depression set in. I was nearly kicked out of Sierra College. Then, I started to relax. I took nights off from homework to hang out with old friends. Miraculously, my work improved. It seems that once you slow down and see what you're missing, everything else gets easier. This semester I am taking my first semester classes over but this time, I'm ready.

Northeastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.