Chicago, IL
Northeastern Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Illinois University

Ebaa

It is best known for achieving degrees in education and for its students having the lowest debt rate.

Northeastern is a very diverse school, and that makes it different from the other schools i looked in to.

In highschool, little did i know that college success was not completely reliant solely on grades. I would have advised myself to form priorities, inorder to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Additionally, I would have advised myself to take breaks when needed and reduce pressure on myself. The most important piece of advice i would have like to recieve, would have been to find, as well as, uses available resources without hesitation.

Kati

I would advise myself to study more regularly and to actually read the material assigned. In college, these two things are much more important than they are in high school, but to start good habits of doing these things now will make it much easier to transition into college life. I would also advise myself to work on time management. Although you may spend much less time actually in class, the homework, research, and paper writing takes far more time than it does in high school. Learning to balance your study, work, social and sleep schedules is probably the hardest part of transitioning into college life. I know it is said that college students never sleep and at times that is true, but getting adequate amounts of sleep is actually very important. Sleep is not only helpful for your health and helps prevent you from getting sick, it also helps you retain the information you are learning in your classes and allow you to be refreshed and ready to take on that big calculus exam. So take it from me, prepare yourself now for your transition into college life by following these few helpful tips.

Walter

In my Junior year, I feel that I am finally around intelligent people that really want to be future teachers, so they are respectful and intelligent.

I would tell myself to ago to college right away. Don't wait. If you wait, there will be too much going on, life, kids, job...it's a lot to balance. I am trying to do now what I should have done many years ago. It would have made my life a lot easier and I could have enjoyed it more. Now, I am doing a balancing act: going to school full time, working full time, studying whenever I can and trying to be a good dad while I coach my youngest son with baseball, watch the older son's games whenever I can. Not to mention, mowing the lawn, house repairs and all the other things that goes with married life. My other advice to myself would be to stay focused. When I was younger, I would get distracted and that caused me to put off things that I shouldn't have. Now that I am in college (at this late age) I realize that I could have accomplished a lot more in life if I had begun right after high school. Instead, I took the longer and harder road. However, better late, than never.

Actually, I haven't been that frustrated, except for financial aid & registering for classes. It can be unclear and I have gotten the run around from different people. Whenever talking to someone on the phone, get their name! Also, don't wait til the last minute. Be prepared for lines. As far as classes go, don't expect anyone to tell you to do things, you have to get on and do it for your ownself. You need to stay on top of deadlines and use a system so you don't fall behind.

Denisse

Go to college; don,t give up after graduating. It's better to go to college right after graduating because you have all of what you have studied in school if you wait a couple of years is going to be harder to remember. Research what you want to study and go to the school that its best at it. Look for scholarship and try to get less in debt as possible.

is not as expensive, great location, good faculty staff, and good convinient hours for full or part time students who works or don;t work.

research whatever you want to study. Be sure. Have a goal. If you are not sure is okay to change. Be the best you could be. If you know you are going to get a bad grade in a class dropout before is too late. Not all universities are the same. Finish until you get to your goal and create new ones.

Liliana

Academically and Culturally diverse school, with a lot of opportunities to have hands on experiance.

I would tell myself to stay as focused as possible on college work, that there is time for more social activities after graduating. I would also tell myself to try volunteering at different places in order to get a view on what I would like as a career choice for the future, by gaining experience on different areas it may be easier to pick the right career. I would also remind myself of the benefit of staying focused in school instead of trying to do everything at once, because sometimes school can take the back seat when it comes to being out with friends or other activities. Lastly I would tell myself to be proud of the all the accomplishments that I have made and all the accomplishments that will come, to keep going strong and never give up.

If you don't know what you want to major in make sure you see an advisor to get ideas and advise on what classes to take. If you already know what you want to major in, try to review the course catalog so you can go in to see an advisor ready with questions.

Jami

The best advice that I would give myself would be to stay focused during your college years and do it for yourself. When I first began going to college I did not realize how many more doors a degree would open in my life. I began college in 2008 and after swithching my major two times I decided I was not ready for college. I withdrew from my classes and moved to northern Iowa to live with the "love of my life." In 2008 my boyfriend and I moved back to the Ankeny, Ia area so that I could resume my education. I enrolled into the Early Childhood Education program at Dmacc in 2010. I knew this was the right program for me because I have been a lead teacher in the four year old classroom at a daycare and I loved helping the children to grow and develop. I am loving my program and keep in close contact with all of my teachers because they provide me with help and encouragement to become successful in my career choice.

“If only I knew then what I know now..." If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I could pass on a wealth of knowledge and information to myself. I would tell myself to listen to my mother more. I would encourage myself to be more focused and mature, go with the flow more, and not be so rebellious. I would point out how completing all assignments on time and being on top of my school work is important with helping me not fall behind. I would tell myself that taking my medications and managing my mental health is important with helping me cope with the stress of school, and with making progress with my school goals. I would tell myself to put more effort into the consideration of my major. I would tell myself that even though college can be tough, eventually I will value it in the long run, as I do now.

I like how everything is so organized. The College of Business and Management it seems like it would prepare me for the real world in accounting. I like the students and the University atmosphere.

I wish I would have known about all the math courses I would have to take.

Wendy

Other universities seem to not engage themselves in collaborating with your college experience. When you enroll in something new you usually need a guide and Northeastern Illinois University counselors are here to help. They guide you and advice you, which is extremely helpful considering the fact that one is new to the college experience. Northeastern Illinois University Offers programs to help students in their everyday lifes, be it tuition assistance, tutoring, jobs, internships, healthcare, copy machines, quite places to study, and a non-distracting environment are amongst the most pleasent critirias about the school.

If I would have known what life was going to bring me after high school, I would have prepared myself a whole lot better. If you are still in high school consider yourself lucky, and a chance to view this letter as a caution of things to come. After your high school experience I hope that you consider college. “Education is the key to success” I know what you’re thinking you’ve heard it all, you’re worried about financial assistance, and you’re worried about money for other expenses. I say don’t worry, college and universities have multiple ways of assisting you with your studies. Above all, “stay in school, school is cool.” On another note consider the fact that “all things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” then realizing this you understand the importance of knowledge of your surroundings. Every day is like the birth of Adam and Eve, you make decisions every day. The forbidden tree represents learning life through your own experiences, and the rest of the garden is your opportunity to stay in school. You chose your path.

Northeastern Illinois University is for all students who want to persue a degree. The school offers a multitute of study programs. The people are welcoming, teachers and counselors are extremely helpful. Their are tutors available for practically any subject. The school is nice in general. Their are buildings for different reasons in the campus, for instance "the B building" is the computer room. Their is also a library, a liberal arts building, the financial assistance building, the cafeteria, and the gym just to name a few.

Vasili

Meet with your highschool college advisor. Do everything you can do get an academic scholarship while you are in high school. Make your school work your number one priority, otherwise later you will have regrets. When you are in high school it is already set up for you to receive financial assistance for free, when you leave it is much more difficult to gain financial assistance. Study hard and get good grades and meet with your academic advisors. Contact schools you want to go to and request scholarship information. Study for the ACT and SAT. Apply to a variety of schools, both in state and out of state. Complete your Fafsa in the first week of January with your parent who has the lower income of the two. Use financial aid offers from one school to reduce the cost of another school--Say that one school is giving you a better deal than the other school. And get good grades! You won't have to do it for long, just tough it out!

The way I get the "run-around" every time I go to seek help for a problem.

Students who absolutely cannot afford to go anywhere else and who live very close by who want to become a teacher.

Northeastern Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.