Northeastern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northeastern Illinois University

I often times feel that the Professors should be provided with more resources and technological devices that can benefit the classroom lectures. It is my belief that more should be done to ensure that staff and faculty have available resources and funding to make the learning experience they want to offer to their students more rewarding, whereas students are at times required to financially take the expense of outside learning experience on their own. More funding for students should be accessible and available to students of all economic status in which eases the stress of financial hardships and school.

The lack of coordination, there seems to be a constant uncertainty that surrounds everything. Information is scattered and you sometimes have to go digging to find something you want or need. As someone with little college experience I found it difficult to find the information I needed to get my financial situation under control. One of the programs that claimed it would save me money missinformed me, and that the $4000 id save off tuition, is just in remedial classes id otherwise have to take. This is the clearest example of missinformation I've had to work against.

The worst thing about my school is that nobody tells the students what the school offers. It is really hard to find out all the different opportunities the students can have . The students have to find out every single thing themselves and there really is not anybody to point them in the right direction. It is really hard to find out what the students needs to do and find out about their education. It is like this because the officials point you from one person to the next without really knowing what they are doing themselves.

At Northeastern Illinois University, I've had a lot of trouble getting help with financial aid. When I go into the financial aid department, the people who are there to help aren't very personable and don't seem to care about me personally, which makes me feel like I'm not fully being helped. Also, there is always a long line in the financial aid office because there is only one woman working behind the desk most of the time. I get very confused about financial aid so it would be nice to have more help understanding it.

The worst thing about my school is that the campus is not really big. We do not have places where we can play different sports. The only part where we can play is the gym, which can become boring sometimes. I also do not like the fact that my school does not have sports team. I know that we may not be able to have a football team but at least a soccer team or a baseball team that represents our school.

I commute to my school regularly so I would have to say the worst thing about attending NEIU would have to be the parking. With tuition payments and additional fees for school it is hard to afford a parking pass as well. Therefore, I park in the residential parking areas and walk to my classes from there and it is far from a fun walk during Chicago's bleak winter days.

There is no housing on campus. The college makes a point of posting apartments that are available in the area, but I could find those myself, and they're usually a lot more expensive than campus housing would be. I also have a very long drive, sometimes around 2 hours, and it would be nice to be able to stay on campus instead of driving in every day that I have class.

The one worst thing about the school would be some class sizes. I have a class where the temperature is very bipolar and the chairs are always moving. The chairs have wheels so im always afraid that i will slide away and hurt myself. Also, the small desk that the chairs have is uncomfortable, my supplies are constantly falling down or rolling away everywhere.

The worst thing about my school is that Northeastern Illinois University is a commuter school. Commuter schools mean not a lot of people stay to hangout after their classes are over. I want to be able to make close friends and it's hard to do that in a commuter school.

The worst thing about my school is that the classes to choose from are very limited, and many teachers can be very boring. This is the worst thing because I tend to loose intrest in the class and have a different perspective on other courses.