Northeastern Illinois University Top Questions

Doinita

I had to buy a car to get to school. There are no easy ways to get to this University. I hoped that there would be buses to conect the school with the two elevated trains that are in the area, not very close, though.

DIMITRA

I am apart of a student ran organization, and we just do not get the help from higher up departments that we need. We plan the events for the students on campus and the community, and since we are a commuter school we try to attract as many people as possible to get involved and/or attend and when we reach out to the higher up administartors to help us do so we are often let down.

Shavonta

No dorms which make it hard to meet new people because everyone goes home after class.

Waiting to hear about financial aid.

Walter

Actually, I haven't been that frustrated, except for financial aid & registering for classes. It can be unclear and I have gotten the run around from different people. Whenever talking to someone on the phone, get their name! Also, don't wait til the last minute. Be prepared for lines. As far as classes go, don't expect anyone to tell you to do things, you have to get on and do it for your ownself. You need to stay on top of deadlines and use a system so you don't fall behind.

Being that the school was mostly a commuter school, there was not many campus events to attend.

I would have to say getting appointments with the Academic Advisors is very frusterating. It takes a while to get an appointment and when you finally talk with them, they are not very informative. Another thing that's frusterating is that the school does not offer convenient times for classes. Sometimes they only offer a class at one time, on one day, sometimes causing you to be at school either all day or many days during the week.

shu

I don't know