Northeastern Illinois University Top Questions

Grigory

Make sure that if you are transferring that your classes will be accepted. NEIU will easily add a semester to your college career by not accepting one class and having it be a pre-req for all of your major courses.

Clifton

Nothing.

Taylor

Choosing classes is difficult because when there are different teachers teaching the same class, and the material to be learned is not the same for each teacher. I wish I had known that I had to pull out loans for the entire school year and not just each semester. I also wished I had known that I could not pull out loans when I wanted so that I would not have to wait a whole semester to pull out another loan.

Erica

I wish i had known that there was a lot of different scholarships offered, so that i could get started on them right away.

jessica

I wish I had known all the oppurtunities for scholarships and grants ahead of time. It seems like colleges don't just automatically give you information, you have to go on a scavenger hunt for them, and sometimes by the time you find what your looking for, you will have missed the deadine.

I wish I would have known about all the math courses I would have to take.

Dorothy

I wish I had known the exact credits that would be accepted through my transfer from the previous junior college that I attended. I just felt that I wasted a semester or two of schooling through taking classes that apparently do not count towards my degree and my degree earning program. I suppose it is my fault for not reading into the coursework and transfer policies sooner. I was not quite sure what I wanted to do as a career. However, now, I have a plan, career path, and an institution where I can accomplish my goals and dreams.

Urszula

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known that there were many more choices than being able to become a teacher. There are several different majors as well as minors to choose from that I could have considered. However, I cannot complain because the advisors were wonderful to explain it all during orientation. Also, that it's a commuter school and that we have a lack in U-Passes for our public commute and absolutely no dorms or housing for students that live off campus.

I wish I would have known that I would have probablly had a better experience if I had attended an on-campus school.

danilo

Well, first If had known that in college you have to write many essays all the time, I would have payed more attention to my english teacher. Also I wish I had known that there was nothing to worry about college; for instance, I used to worry to much about not doing good in college because english was my second language. But now that i am in college I know that there are many people there to help me with all my assigments.

Before I came to Northeastern I wish I knew what I wanted to do for a career. When I applied for different colleges it was really difficult becuase I did not know what to base it on. Northeastern ended up being a good choice since I am going to go into art education. I would have liked to know more about which classes I had to take and what they would be like and if the departments were in good shape or not.

Ojo

I wish that I would have known more about the age range of the students attending school. I am a non-traditional student and the majority of the student body is quite a bit younger than myself.

Athena

I did not know much about NEIU before attending, except that it had a great program for teacher certification. I am glad I did not know too much, because it made my experience that much more fun when I got to know more about the campus and faculty.