Miami, OK
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College

Montana

It is a very positive and out there community. You can trust a lot of the students on campus and the teachers as well. They try to get everyone involved in some sort of club, sport, or organization. They don't encourage staying in the dorms all day when you don't have classes. In the classes they are a decent size, and they make sure everyone is on the same page and know what they're doing. If someone doesn't know how to do something, they will go slower and help that student along.

Chauntelle

Most of my classmates are motivated, friendly, enthusiastic about learning, helpful and a joy to be around each day.

Remember when you said you couldn't be a mom, go to work and go to college? I sure do! Well you were wrong, it would have been much easier 19 years ago. I think you should go and talk to the counselor and ask for help. It is okay not to have all of the answers and need advice, that is what they are there for. If you don't go to college now when exactly are you planning to go? Five years? Ten? No the answer is 19 years late. You are so smart, quit oversleeping, I know you are tired but he will sleep through the night soon. Don't work quite so much, he doesn't need so many things. You would be a better mother if you spent more time with him and thought about the future. Set a better example for your son, don't waste your life, be careful who you spend your time with, pick better friends. You are important, you are intelligent, you are hilarious, you are beautiful, you are an amazing person. You can have it all and you can do it all, just apply yourself. I wish I had!

A person attending this school should want to be there. If you are genuinly wanting to get an education then you will succeed at NEO. You need to be motivated, a multitasker, dedicated, hard-working and interested. You need to want to learn, if you are looking for a party school then you should look elsewhere. You can be an athlete, an intellect, an artist, a writer, an actor, a social butterfly, an introvert, it does not matter here as long as you are here to learn there is a place for you at NEO.

Teresa

I believe the superior one-up my school has on other schools is the size of the classrooms. I love how they are small enough that you feel like you are in a real classroom and not some over-crowded auditorium.

That I would have fought harder to not have switched schools during my senior year, and that I would have listened to those around me for once and not have made the grave mistake of returning to my father. If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing, it would be: For once, Teresa Turner, do not fight the system. For once, you ignorant child, they actually know what they are talking about. Do not leave, and do not return to the place you only thought was home. For there lies the true hardship and despair you ran away from in the beginning, remember?

I'd have to say the best thing about my school is the affection and passion the employees have towards helping you succeed. For the first time in my life I have encountered educational staff that try to help me because they care and not because they're paid to.

Beth

You know what you want, nursing isn't something you need to think about. You can feel it deep down that's what you were made for. It's a special person required for this profession, you know that what you are; created for. Meaning you know you enjoy helping people and taking care of them. Truely been the hero in their life even if its for bringing a warm blanket during the night or to get pain under control with medicine. Don't think about nursing, get on the ball! Fill out papers for financial aid, study hard and stick with school. You know Nursing is what you want to do for life its a part of you. A special person a nurse.

To be very determined and stick with school. I've been out of school for awhile and wish I would have stuck with it when I was there. I'd been finished with nursing school by now if I would of stayed in school.

A very determined person who knows what they want and will do anything to get it! I'm there now!

Sharla

If I could go back and tell myself something I learned about college life, I would tell myself that life gets harder when you get out of high school. That you actually have to work harder because if you have a big family with 7 people, like I have in my family, putting 3 kids through college and 1 through high school and raising a 3 yr. old is really expensive for on your parents, especially when the 3 in college are in their first years. I would have told myself to work through high school so I wouldn't have to take out loans to pay for school becasue my parents wouldn't have enough to pay for 3 college students and a high schooler. I would have told myself that I should save my money to buy a car so a parent didn't have to make a sacrifice so I could get to school. Every parent wishes the best for their kids and wants them to have everything that they would like, but I would have told myself to do without and learn to if it helped my parents help me more towards my education.

I think the best thing about my school is the fact that all the faculty and teachers are so nice to help you. They have tutoring labs you can go to to get help on homework and even the Student Body Government President is very friendly to help you find where you need to go. The college makes it really easy and they make it a very good environment. If you prefer a smaller college, you would love it here. Go go NEO!

The one thing that frustrates me is that the bookstore will not give out ISBN's for books, especially for students that can't afford a $200 book, when they can get it on the internet or another source for about $10-$15.

David

The transition of a high school kid into a young man or woman in college can be very difficult. For many of us, high school is a place to hang out with friends and have fun. Though this is not bad in and of itself, it can and does lead many down wrong paths. Many of us while in high school, get so focused on our social relationships, that we do not put the effort forth towards our schooling that we should. If I could go back into time and give myself advice about the transition from high school to college I would give myself the following advice. First of all, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships. I did not apply for many scholarships while in high school, and this was a mistake. Next, I would tell myself to ask my high school advisors and people that had already been to college, questions about college to help me make wise decisions towards my schooling . Last, I would tell myself to keep my schoolwork a priority, because it is important to know how to study once you get into college.

My school is a 2 year school that prepares its students for the university. I believe that the best thing about my school is the fact that it is much cheaper than a university, but you can still get a good education. Like many students, I started my college career not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. For high school students who are not going to get their college paid for by scholarships, I recommend taking their basic classes at a smaller, cheaper college, and then after 2 years going to the university to finish their schooling.

My school, because it is a 2 year college, is a great place for a student who is not sure what they want to do with their life to go to. Many college students end up changing their majors at least one time, and some, many more. If you start your schooling at a 2 year college you will have much less debt than you would at a university, and much less stress if you need to change your major. I reccomend a cheaper college to all people who do not have the finances to start at the university.

Kelsey

I would tell myself to take my grades and studying more seriously. If I had studied in high school it would be a habit now and I wouldn't have to work at making myself study. I would also tell myself not to be so nervous about college. I have learned so many great things while in college. If I would have studied in high school then I would not have had to be so worried that I was not prepared for college.

There are many great things about NEO. However, I think the best part of NEO is the small classes. This allows teachers to spend more one on one time with students. With larger classes the teacher does not usually have time to spend with individual students. I also like that NEO is a small school in general. The president is very involved with the students and he is very loves to get student imput on all the decisions concerning NEO.

I think everyone can benefit from attending NEO!! If someone wants to attend a large college, then NEO isn't for them. People also need to check to see if the school has the major they are planning to study, that should be a deciding factor, no matter where they go.

Tracy

Large college with a small town feel. Friendlier people and no feeling of crowded harried life.

Take some assessment skill tests to discover where your talents lie and pick a major that matches that. Don't pick something just because it makes good money, or because I'll look good. You may find out that you just hate doing that kind of work in the first place.

Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.