Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College

Vanessa

I love how close it is to my actual home! NEO has given me many opportunities to broaden my social circle and make friends. The faculty and staff are so kind and are willing to help any student in any way. The academics are not too hard and we have great student-teacher ratio. I picked a great college for my Associate's Degree.

Montana

It is a very positive and out there community. You can trust a lot of the students on campus and the teachers as well. They try to get everyone involved in some sort of club, sport, or organization. They don't encourage staying in the dorms all day when you don't have classes. In the classes they are a decent size, and they make sure everyone is on the same page and know what they're doing. If someone doesn't know how to do something, they will go slower and help that student along.

adrian

its a great juco college for athletes

Laura

Overall, I have had very good experiences on the NEO campus. I'm a part-time, long distance student, doing my work strictly online. That being said, the staff I've interacted with is very helpful and friendly, the environment is safe and academic, and the food is excellent. The classes are engaging and riveting.

Shelly

NEO is a great junior college if you are from small town America and need to acclimate to college life. If you attended a large high school you may want to bypass NEO. The campus is pretty and well kept. It is a very safe albeit a sleepy campus. The student population is fairly diverse due to sports programs. As far as activities on campus you better be ready to cheer on the athletes with an occasional theater production.

Jared

It is a great college and it is amazing and it has fun. This college is the start of my future and it is great to start small. I'm very understanding of classes and they help me more and it is very great that they help me in their off times. I love the food and classmates here.

Karly

I love it! Overall the student life here has a fantastic positive outlook on everything and encourage getting involved in the college. There are so many groups and clubs to join. Along with many activities occurring on campus, there is almost always something fun to do on campus!

Monte

NEO is a place I call home, I made a lot of friends on campus with students and teachers , it’s a small place we’re you almost know everyone, the classes size is really good there not big and you can get that one on one help if needed and if you’re teacher can not help you they will point you in the right way, my opinion Northeastern Oklahoma A&M is a great place to start college.

Emeli

Very beautiful, and a lovely place to get the college experience while still staying close to home. The teachers are always willing to help students at most any hours. Everyone is so nice and willing to include new people in group activities. I love this college and would recommend it to anyone.

Jordan

It’s great college and hope to see it grow as a cummunity. Everyone is family there

John

It's a school that offers some of the most passionate teachers and phenomenal intimate class settings. The teachers are always available and encourage students to reach out to them for whatever assistance they may need, including personal problems. From this type of atmosphere the student/faculty relationship is always peachy. However, due to the falling enrollment rates and such the business aspect of the college definitely come before the educational aspect, but I imagine it's like that at most colleges. Some of the fee's charged for classes is ridiculous in my opinion, such as lab fee's for the science coarse's. Even though all of the lab work is done online through a educational simulator program, that you have to purchase an access code for before the class, you still get charged lab fee's in the ballpark of $700, but you'll never use the lab a single time all semester. Another downfall of the school would be it's cafe. There is the same selection of pizza, hamburgers, and salad everyday, and the main course is the same typical rotating selection of whatever meat is cheap at the time. A lot of pork and chicken. No real selection for vegan or healthy type eaters. However, the library and recreational center are really nice facilities with a lot of fun activities to offer. In the library the ladies at the desk are always much help whenever doing research or looking for a book, plus the hours are pretty late so it allows you to have a little flexibility in your schedule. And the recreation center has just about everything to offer, basketball courts, swimming pool, weight room, walking track, ping pong tables, and other fun things. It stays open until around 8 so you can still play a game of basketball in the evening, and there's also an outside court with lights that stays open until 10 or so. There's not much to do in the town of Miami, so most of the students spend all their time on campus. It's a very sports dominant school and just about everyone is an athlete or in agriculture. It's a nice place to receive an associates degree if you're just looking for a degree without the college experience.

Kylie

Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College is a great school, especially if you need a stepping stone of a college before going to a big university. Classes are small, and the instructors are always available during and after school hours. There are lots of clubs to participate in and always some sort of game night going on.

Tayelor

My father has been the head baseball coach there since I was born! We love NEO and we love our sports teams! The campus is always clean and definitely busy during the main semesters! Great starter college for anyone who isn’t sure what they want to do!

Jeyny

It is really easy to make friends here. Everyone is always super friendly. The professors always have time for you and genuinely care. This college always has fun activities that the students can take part in and the football games are always really fun.