Northeastern University Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Camran

Classes are generally intellectually challenging. Like most schools, some professors are good some are terrible. I would highly advise taking advantage of the NU TRACE system (an in house teacher rating system) when selecting classes, as well as RateMyProfessor.com. If you do your due diligence, you will highly enjoy all of your classes and feel like your tuition dollars are very well spent. No matter what, you will work hard for the grade you end up receiving, especially if you are in a remotely qualitative major.

I have had great professors and awful professors. Far more have been closer to the great scale, but I have had one or two that made me question at which point in their past 50-60 years of teaching were they good at their job. On the other hand, I've had a couple professors that have solidified the direction I want to take my life through their classes. As a science major with a heavy courseload of psych classes, I can say the majority of the psych classes are of the four, multiple-choice style exams-type classes. As you get older however, the classes become far more discussion intensive and expect you to have a working knowledge of prior coursework. Regardless of which department you're in, you can definitely count on working hard to get a good GPA.