Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

I have learned to be an independent woman and to strive for my own success. I have grown up and learned to be who I am and to not hide that from anyone. I have also learned that not everything is easy. Registering for classes is not an easy thing, but from the difficulties I have learned a valuable lesson. Never give up at what you want to achieve in life. If everyone just gave up then life would be too easy. With all the obstacles that I face as a college freshman, I have learned to push through those obstacles, come out on top, and to create my own success.

Kristina

My school is best known for the friendliness of the faculty. They are always trying to help the students succeed and just want us to get the best education we can.

The thing that I find unique about Northern Arizona University is that it's a small campus, but still holds a lot of kids. Our campus is only about a mile and a half long adn half a mile wide, yet we have over 20,000 students. There is always some sort of activity going on to get us all involved in the campus and school.

I've gotten a lot out of my college experience in this first semester. I'm learning how to be on my own without my parents and family around. I now make my own choices and have more options to pick from. I've learned that things are a lot different when being away from home, but not in a bad way. I am exploring more things and really finding out who I am as a person. It's valuable for me to attend college because I have a lot of goals for myself. I find it important to be able to take care of myself finacially, even if I do get married. Independence is something everyone should be able to have, and going to college is helping me to get that and learn what it really is all about.

colleen

My classmates are fun, social, and enthusiastic about their school work as well as school activities.

so far, my college experience has been short. As my first semester is coming to a close, I'm realizing just how important the next few years of my life will be. I have made an effort to better my future, and have a hope for the family I will one day have. I am a first generation college student, and now that means more than it ever has before. My mother is not working and my father is in fear of losing his job. It is clear to see that if I do not find funding, I will have to drop out. My college experience has been valuable to me beacuse i have met some amazing people, and i am able to see that I have a drive to attend classes. In high school, I just thought college was what I was supposed to do next, but now that I'm here, I realize that it was where I was supposed to end up. I lovve me school, and my instructors, and I'm ready to continue my education.

The people that attend this school should like outdoor activities. The Flagstaff campus is surrounded by beautiful mountains, which are perfect for hiking, camping, or biking. The students and the professors at NAU are dedicated to their field of study. If someone would like to attend this university, they should be dedicated to their school work, like recreational activities, and be bundled up for the white winters.

MUQIAO

A sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt from anything else that I have done. Besides, I am a foreign student and English is my second language. Attending college at another country means enormous challenges. But once i made it, I'll feel more confident and a huge sense of achievement. A very good job with good pay. Job security. Some admiration from others. Use the skills learned to volunteer and help others. Knowing I can take care of myself and be on my own during college. Student loans were worth it and have since paid them off as planned. Friendships. Great memories.The greatest benefit was the completion of a long term plan/goal. Realizing because of college that there are a lot of things I can accomplish if I want to.

Rebecca

NAU is a community that is very welcoming and friendly.

NAU is a community that is very welcoming and friendly.

My college experience has been about much more than academics. Although they are important, I have been encouraged to get involved and be an active member of my department and my college community. I have made some of the best friends of my life and had some amazing experiences. My instructors have encouraged me to pursue my dreams and work hard to get there. I have never felt out of place on my campus. I have been challenged both academically and intellectually. I have always been allowed to speak my opinions and be heard, and I have been able to learn from those around me. Honestly I would never want to attend a different college then the one I am at now. I feel at home at NAU and, even though I am busy and stressed sometimes, I feel that this experience has been one of the most rewarding of my life.

Being in the theatre department is very demanding but you are thrown right into the experience from day one. You don't have to wait til grad school to experience theatre.

Jack

I feel that attending college is important in today's world. By attending college I will be able to expand my knowledge of the world around me and enable me to advance in the job market. I am still undecided as to what I want to pursue while in college, but I understand the importance of continuing my education. I have a strong interest in business administration and have thought that I would lean that way as I enter into the college arena. Studying in the business field will help me in any area I may decided to major in.

Devon

As a film sutdent I have been able to show my academic, technical and artistic skills, both in the classroom and on set. Colorado Film School has allowed to become the best that I can be in this field, and with further training in more structured schools I can see myself becoming a great filmmaker.

What I got out of my college was finding out that it was difficult for me to live off island. I had to return home to continue my education on the Big Island. I find that attending college is beneficial to me because the economy is not at it's healthiest and one of the only ways to get a job is to have a college degree. None of my siblings have been able to attend college, due to financial difficulties, and my wish is for them to eventually attend. It has been hard for me to find the financial support that I needed and I had to take out loans in order to attend.

Trevor

My school is in a great environment to learn, is a great school, and helps its students succeed in and outside of school.

My classmates are generally nice and interested in learning.

I am from Houston, Texas, and just wanted to get away for college, so I am a freshman at Northern Arizona University. I am glad i had the chance to get away for a while, and learned more about myself from the experience, like for example that I do not get homesick, and also helped me gifure out what i want to do after college. While the college I attend is a great college, and has helped me greatly my freshman year, I would like to now return to Texas. After college, I plan to be a missionary in either Europe or Russia, and therefore would like to attend a private, Christian college to help me further along that path. My college experience away from home has taught me much about myself, and what i want to become in life, and in order to achieve my goal, it would greatly help to recieve a scholarship!

Michelle

I am attending Kaplan University for Criminal Justice. I hope that by obtaining this degree, I will be able to give back to my community. I hope to either work in Corrections or Homeland security.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.