Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

tabetha

In my college experience- I have recieved enlightenment, overt verbal expressions and a advancement in abstract thinking/ reason/logic. I reflect on my culture and the different elements that conditioned me like being highly serious, , verbally introverted, burdened by unfortunate choices and conditions. Living without an education compared to attending school daily is signifacant to me because I can identify with the noticeable difference in my cognitive observations between what is clear concerning reification,my life, choices, and my future. Although, society sometimes position individuals for material and status success -I think college has given me something more. Attending college has given and continue to give me valuable perspective, position , common place, a substantial amount of poise, self-esteem, and powerful confirmation ,attending college has changed my whole life intrinsically , extrinsically, and it has given a new meaning to what is possible inside my world. The college culture provides valuable information that has shaped my life for better judgements in my everyday living. im not just existing- im learning. So far I have gotten a self identity, people skills, cultural understandings, and I unlimited myself from the bondage of ignorance that held me back in some areas of my lifestyle.

Sara

I have learned from my college experience so far is independance on not knowing anyone when arriving I learned to be able to do everything on my own and not have that friend there to also give her oppinion. I learned how to venture into differen't types of groups which will be great for my carree so I will be able to interact well with any type of person I work with. I also, got into new activities which is always a good experiance for me it was rugby I learned a lot about it and helped me understand how to interact as a team with girls I have never met before I went to the first practice. I have also, learned what hard work actually is, I mean yeah I went to high school but I can admit I was not the best student. I learned how much hard work can pay off and how much you do get when you put that hard work in. I have learned a lot from the differn't learning techniqes that I was not use to in high school.

I believe the best thing at Northern Arizona University is how they get everyone active in activitys. They even show the freshman all the activitys you can do to stay active here in the first week you are at school. They call this program freshman fushion. It was good made you feel good and productive. All these activities are all free too! So, it helped with meeting people and getting to know my enviorment.

The type of person that should attend this is school is anyone. There is every type of person here and it really is just a place to be yourself. You will not be scared of being judged here everyone one is really down to earth, friendly, and nonjudgmental. People do love the outdoor activitiy though here because of the moutains people take advatage for hiking, snow activities, and any other thing you could think of to do for an outdoor activity.

Marcel

I havent graduated from college i attend Lincoln college Of Technology but being here so far has been a good experience the professors are nice and good at teaching. Whats been valuable about attending this school is that i am actually learning and i enjoy coming to school.

Cera

I have grown as a person and learned valuable lessons from college. I have made lasting friends and great connections.

People who don't like the cold should not attend NAU.

People who are "hippies" should attend NAU. It is a perfect match. People who love winter activities. People who are interested in business, hotel management or forestry.

Tarah

There is so much diversity here at NAU, each person is unique and expresses themselves freely.

We are best known for the snow, and how cold it gets in the winter. We are known for beautiful scenery. Also, the majors that split into different colleges within NAU.

Attending college at a university is an experience in itself. A person learns how to live independently, but also learning with their peers who are all learning together. In the dorms, one has to learn respect for their neighbors and especially their roommate, which will come in handy in the "real world." College is valuable for the intense purpose of getting an education, not just in school, but in life.

Chris

Geology, Nursing, Forestry, Hotel and Resaraunt Management, Physical Therapy, Computer Science, Chemistry, Engineering

College has been a good experience for me socially and academically. Going in to college I was not sure what I wanted to do but was able to take a variety of classes and have been able to decide on hotel and restaraunt management. And socially the university offers opportunites for the students to get together at least once or twice a month. I have gained a group of friends that i know will last for the rest of my life.

NAU is great. Smaller class sizes allow for professors to know you by name and make you more accountable.

Cassandra

The most valuable thing I have gotten from my college experience so far is getting to see what college is really like. I have learned what is expected of me, and of course am still learning more with time. I have found that it is important to connect with your fellow students, and that extracurricular activities can really help to get you passionate about your studies. The more time that I spend in college, the more that I feel I am fitting in and understanding just what it take to succeed. More than anything it has all been valuable because each bit serves to motivate me to work harder and harder towards earning my degree.

Kevin

My college experience has been helpful in encouraging me to always strive for more. It has also given me the necessary knowledge to go out in the world and try things, try new things you've never tried before, or try old things again and become better at them each time. So why is that so valubale? Going to college has helped me start my own business, get a great job, and enjoy life. These are things that only college can do for you!

haley

I hate to say there is a type of person who should attend NAU, but there certainly is. If someone is thinking of attending school here, they should be used to unpredictable weather or be willing to get used to it. It may seem obvious but people who like sports and the outdoors are also good candidates for this school. Overall, NAU and Flagstaff are very laidback so the personalities of potential students should match.

I wish I would have known that most of the establishments in Flagstaff close at 10, even on weekends! Similarly, it would have been nice to know just how unpredictable the weather is up here, especially since I'm from Phoenix. It can start out sunny and warm and literally 2 seconds later it's hailing. Flagstaff is a nice town but I expected a little more excitement.

I think I've learned that sometimes things don't go how you expected but as an adult you have to learn how to deal with it. I've had fun thus far taking classes that interest me and having more freedom, but I'm not sure that Flagstaff is the place for me. For now, I'm living and learning before I decide if I want to continue my studies at NAU. This experience has been valuable in that it has given me a chance to reflect on myself and where I see myself now and in the future.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.