Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Caitlin

Northern Arizona University is well known for its beautiful, scenic campus located in Flagstaff, Arizona. You can enjoy the view of the mountains in the distance and the various types of tall trees throughout campus. NAU has one of the greenest campuses I have ever seen. The grass and other vegetation is well maintained and the different types of flowers throughout campus are beautiful. The weather in Flagstaff is also very enjoyable. Many students take part in various activities outside and some find a nice spot under a shady tree to read a good book.

Attending college has been one of my smartest decisions. It has opened my eyes to the benefits and advantages of pursuing a degree beyond high school. In college classes I listen and take notes, much like in high school, but I also look into material at a much deeper level. Professors aim to really make me think about things. There is no late work, no constant reminders about due assignments and a lot of material is covered in a short amount of time. College has taught me a lot about responsibility. I am required to finish all my assignments on time, attend class, pay bills, and study without anyone reminding me. I love the personal freedom that college offers. I feel like I’m becoming more of an adult through my studies and the life lessons I’m learning from living on my own.

The worst thing about Northern Arizona University is that the cafeteria and most food establishments on campus close by 8:00 p.m. It makes it more difficult to get dinner if you have a late class. There are a few places on campus that are open late, but sometimes they are closed due to maintenance. Unless you are able to eat an early dinner or store some food in your dorm, you may have to resort to fast food off campus.

Syia

Well so far it has been my third week into school so I can't really say much about my experience or what the college has offered. But being here so far has not been very great. I find it kind of hard to make friends and to get to know people because there are some people here who only feel comfortable hanging around with their own ethnicity. Being a Native American is a bit hard to make friends because people tend to judge right away. But the things the college has to offer is pretty great such as the clubs and the different activities the college has to offer such as yoga or kick boxing. There is a wide range of activities to attend and get involved with.

A person who does not like the outdoors or cold weather because this school is all about the outdoors and the weather gets pretty cold out here.

To me I consider the environment around me to be the best thing because it is very nice. I love the trails around campus and I love the weather here. The trees are really nice to have around. The mountaineous environment just feels like home to me.

Kristin

The biggest thing I got out of my college experience was to let go. I was always paranoid and judgemental because I was scared of people, but being close to a diverse population of really nice people has opened me up. Not to say I am still paranoid, but I am not quick to judge anymore. I also learned to take responsibility for my own life. I have to do my own laundry, I have to make my own money, and I have to go to class without my mom getting mad at me (I don't skip class a lot in general, but it happened in High School). I am legally an adult and slowing maturing into a real adult.

This school is for mellow people. People who enjoy having a good time, being kind and considerate, and want to live in a relaxing atmosphere are going to have a great time at NAU. It is a growing school that still treats its students like it is a smaller school. Jerks and theives need not apply here for this school is not for them. They can go to ASU.

The most frustrating thing about my school is all of the construction going on and the toxic herbicides they use in the grass. First, the construction ruins the beauty of the campus and it is hard to get to my math class because of all the trucks, fences, and rubble everywhere! Second, I just found out about the herbicides they use in the grass and they are very harmful to humans. Laying in the grass of NAU is something everyone does, and I don't want to get any kind of cancer for trying to be close to nature.

THOMAS

Throughout high school I never really tried to apply myself. As a result I received low grades, an even lower self esteem, and just barely graduated. After high school I hopped from job to job, following in the footsteps of my parents (who did not graduate high school), and wasted a lot of time struggling to get from paycheck to paycheck. I had lived my entire life well below the poverty level and finally decided the only way to get out of my situation was to go to college. In college I have done (so far) extremely well compared to high school. My college experience has taught me that I, liek anyone else, can do anything that I set out to do if I just try to acheive my goals. I have learned that a person is better, and more, than the situation they were born into, and if they want to change their life the power to do so lies only in their hands. Everyone can benefit from education, and for most the only way to get out of poverty is to stay in school, get good grades, and graduate from college, but most importantly to strive for success.

Jasmine

Northern Arizona University was included in the 2011 edition of Best Colleges. It is considered to be one of the best colleges in the nation based on value for the money. NAU is one of the nation's top universities for Native American enrollment. NAU has many highly rated programs, especially the School of Hotel & Restaurant Management and the School of Forestry. The planet Pluto was discovered from NAU's Walk Up Sky Dome. NAU is full of historical facts and long traditions, and I think it is best known for just being an extremely worthwhile school.

I have not yet received a degree from my college, or even completed a full year, but I already know how important a college education is, and I'm excited to get my degree in Psychology so I can get a lifelong career and do something I love. I love the college I'm at, and enjoy my classes and the time in between classes. My professors are great, and the students are very friendly and hard-working. Having a college education will help me with everything I do in life, and I am proud to be a first generation college student. Working hard to excell in my classes is very rewarding, and I am proud of myself for making the decision to go to college, and I know others are proud of me as well.

I really like everything about my school, so its hard to pick just one thing as the best. I love the school campus, its in a beautiful location, and the seasons of Flagstaff are great. The campus itself is great, its big enough so its not crowded and clustered, but small enough that its easy to get to classes, and find everything you need. The classes are great, and the professors are very friendly and extremely helpful, and really care about the individual students. The classes are small, so its very easy to get the special attention you need.

Andres

Norther Arizona University has a relaxing environment and a very diverse community.

Most of my classmates are of different backgrounds as me.

My college has taught me more about different cultures and how they interact with each other. The small class sizes helps student build deeper relationships with the professors, therefore, making the learning process easier. The winters in Northern Arizona University's Flagstaff campus are full of serenity and to me personally, inspiration. The snow leaves a beautiful view of the locally famous San Francisco Peaks, this landscape usually becomes subject of one of my hobbies wich is songwriting.

Craig

This school has excellent weather, is a very nice campus in a small town, has great food and a gigantic library.

I have not really experienced very much college at all because i have not attended my school yet, i only applied there and went to orientation, but through orientation i learned a few things about the college expierience. I learned that it is not as stressful as my school counsellors make it out to be, I learned that living in a dorm is not really that bad, and dorms are small but not too small, but most of all I learned that colleges are full of people who are willing to help, whether it be through academic or personal issues. So far that is all i grasped from my "college expierience."

I'm not sure what the worst thing about this school is yet because i have not attended a semester there yet.

Tamara

Very Unorganized with housing and class systems

Very Unorganized with housing and class systems

choose wisely. Some Universities do things better than others.

Someone that doesnt mind a small town that has not much to do. Someone that likes just the collage town atmosphere. And Doesnt mind being far far from home

College has been a very liberating experience for me. In high school I wasnt the most popular person, I was kind of shy. I didn't talk to anyone or express my feelings how i would have liked to. When I got to college I realized I was in a different environment and would have to be comfortable in my surroundings, so I promised myself I would be a new person and experience everything I didnt in high school. When I got to college I joined a lot of clubs to get involved and meet new people, I joined the band to feel like a part of the school and I joined a sorority to feel like part of a sisterhood. At first I was afraid to start college because I didnt want it to be anything like high school. I couldnt have another 4 years of education just like high school. I knew it was time for a change and college was my outlet to do so. So on top of having a wonderful social life my grades are better because I am able to communicate with my teachers and they are happy to listen and help.

I have grown in all aspects of my life. I have lived, learned, and survived on my own for the first time in my life. I have matured in my thinking process and emotional growth.

The weather and atmosphere at NAU is great especially since I am from the Phoenix metro area where the weather is hot and the environment is crowded. Northern Arizona University is a smaller school and I feel that the attitude of the school is laid back and easy going.

If you like the feeling of a small town and school environment NAU would be perfect for you.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.