Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Jacquelyn

The experience is what makes college, college. I would never give up going to a university no matter the reason. Some people say that the best four years of one's life are high school, but I beg to differ. College gives students the opportunity to explore new things, become independent, learn and grow on their own, all while their parents know that they are still safe on campus. My time has been greatly spent on studies and involvement in my sorority, Pi Beta Phi. I have met lifelong friends, gained connections and earned an eduacation that's worth printing on a diploma. It makes me proud to say that I am a student at Northern Arizona University and that I am a member of Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women. Going to Nau has taught me a vaste amount of life skills such as meeting deadlines, study skills, I have even learned to change a tire all by myself.

Northern Arizona University offers a community vibe and presents students a safe environment. The community is based strongly on the size of the school, it's not too big nor too small. A student doesn't feel as if they are getting lost in a sea of people, making the high school trnsition easy, but they also feel very connected to the school. NAU is the perfect place to meet new friends, one will never run out of people to meet, but you will always see a familiar face walking down the sidewalk or in one of your classes.

Shaneika

The most valuable thing I've gotten or should I say earned from experiencing college has been obtaining more discipline and drive. Highschool and college differs alot. Highschool was slightly easier because by law your obligated to go to school. Whereas for college its mainly the students responsibilty to themselves first, then to others to give that 110%. It is great to attend because I'll be someone great because no one forced me but I woke up on the bad and the good days and broke every barrier life could throw my way down.

Doneica

At this time I'm not currently in school however, I have chosen a school I would like to attend to obtain my masters degree. This school is unique in that they are willing to work with me on my pesonal needs and interests. I also like that they offer classes starting at any time and it's an accelerated program.

The college experience I had was what allowed me to open myself up to what was really important. I pursued a degree program that my family wanted me to. During much of my college experience I resented it but kept moving forward. After graduating I was strong enough to go a completely different direction in my career path despite what my family expected of me. Thanks to the time I spent in college, I was able to grow as a person and gain the strength to be on my own and make my own choices. Now, my experience may be different from many. However, the simple opportunity to attend college, learn and grow from is why it is such a valuable experience.

I'm not currently in school so this is a tough question to answer. But, based on my previous university experience what I have to say is the most frustrating were some instructors. I felt that I was just a seat warmer not a student trying to learn. Given the time I was donating to highten my education in addition to the cost, I felt very frustrated with their lack of care and concern.

seyrra

My college experience had taught me so much in the short semester that i've attended so far. I've learned new and interesting facts and theories from my classes and random facts from classmates. The most important thing that i think i've learn from college though is me. Moving away from home to attend college has made me refocus my attention from caring for my younger siblings to caring for myself. I've learned that i am stronger than i thought i was and that i can be a role model for my younger siblings. Having the opportunity to be exposed to a multitude of cultures has given me a better perspective on my own life. Before college i will have to admit that i was a bit ethnocentric, but mow i realize that there is a whole world of differences, and differences is what makes the world interesting. I don't think i could have learned so much about my self or about the world that i was blind to before if i had not attended a University. It has help me tremendously to understand myself and have repsect for differences.

The best thing about my school is the diverse cultures among the students. People come from all over the U.S. and some from foriegn countries to attend this University. That makes for one very rich enviornment. Everyone has a unique perspective and story of life. It's a chance to learn about cultures, religions, and traditions that are different from my own. It keeps me openminded and aware that the things that i grew up exposed to are not universal, and everyone has thier own unique and exciting story.

In my opinion, like any college, you should not attend if you do not know what you want to get out of the experience. If you are attending college because that is what is expected of you or you want to stay close to your friends then there is a pretty good chance that you won't thrive in the college enviornment. College is an opportunity to learn many things, not just academic. If you are not up for the challenge, and do not have a clear idea of what you want from this experience, then maybe wait a year.

Well by attending college im getting all my pre-requisite classes over with at the community college closer to my house. That way in the long run i wont be paying college loans for the next 10 to 20 years. College is great. It is basically on your own time. If you want to work hard and get all the work done that is how you pass your classes. Otherwise its a waste of time and money. As far as college party life goes there is not much at this school. Which is fine because im here to pass my classes not go into them hungover. So that is my college experiece. Not really crazy but it will get me farther in life and have a job down the road.

Karla

Out of my college experience I have gotten education. My whole purpose of being in school is to get an education and have a better life for myself. NAU has provided me with great teachers and awesome resources to help me succeed in my field of study. I have gained a lot more than just an education. I have been able to expand my mind and learn more. I have met some incredible people who have opened my eyes to different perspectives. Even if I do not completely agree with their views it still helps me grow as a person and I am able to view things through their eyes and they are able to view my perspectives and see from where I come from and why I am how I am because of certain things they do not have much of an understanding for.

The thing I brag about the most is how beautiful it is. Since NAU is located in Flagstaff the weather is much nicer than Phoenix. Also we have beautiful scenery and big trees all over the place. The climate is perfect, I love waking up to see mountains in the morning. Also all the snow that falls in the winter basically makes it a winter wonderland. It's a small city so it's very home like.

The best thing about NAU is that all the classes are small. Compared to many of the other universities our class sizes are a lot smaller. I love being able to interact with other students and actually gettin to know my teacher and being able to talk to them. I am able to learn a lot more and get help from them easier. We actually get to have an actual Teacher, student reationship.

Maricela

My college experience has taught me how to be independent. It taught me responsibility of myself and that how I do in school will affect my future. Attending college has and is very valuable to me because I want to have a career in something that I would love to do which is be a catholic counselor but for children. If I would have had that as a child It would have saved me from many painful experiences that have affected my life. It is also valuable because I have learned the hard way that I only have myself and that I can only depend on me and god of course. When you get betrayed by the person you loved the most and you lose everything because of them and because you were naive you realized even more how important school is. If I would have prioritized my school and myself I wouldn't be where I am now with nothing. I would have my career doing something I love which is more rewarding than just the money and I would be able to take care of myself. College prepares you so you can face the world with confidence.

jordan

Texas Tech University, I love Tech for many reasons such as the beautiful campus to the open and educating teachers.

My school is best known for its football team and the great education you can acquire by attending this amazing university. Our football team was number one in the big 12 last year after beating the longhorns of Texas. The education possibilities at Texas Tech is endless there are many colleges within tech that are number one or number 2 best in Texas such as our engineering college and our architecture.

Through my first semester in college I learned many things about myself and what I really didn?t know about myself. In my first semester I really was just shocked about how different it was from high school because I was all alone able to do what I want. I was kind of shell shocked on how little high school prepared me for college, but that was mainly my fault for making my senior year easy instead of preparing myself for college. Halfway through the semester I realized I don?t know how to study or manage my time very well. Now in my second semester I have completely changed it was a real Jackal and Hyde change. Only one semester and my whole outlook on school changes I have all knew habits and I do my work the day its assigned instead of at the last minute. Now I can take this new outlook on education and time management and apply it to other aspects of my life.

Roxanna

Northern Arizona University is best know for it's Educational and Hotel/Restaurant Management programs. I am currently taking classes through the Education program; I have found it very rewarding and motivational. Another thing about NAU that could be considered "best known for" are the people. The people are extremely helpful and kind. Whenever I am walking to class I always have people who walk past me say "hello" or even just flash a smile. This is something that I heard about before coming to NAU and now that I am here I have found this to be true.

The most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is knowing that I will constantly always be learning and have much to learn about people. So far, I have been to four different colleges over the years, one in which I went through a study abroad program to Kolkata, India. I have realized that I am always going to be a student in life through this experience of college, even when I graduate from college. There are so many things that I am looking to do, such as travel around the United States as well as abroad again, explore people more through volunteer work, learn more about different cultures and I feel like this will all be easier for me with a degree in Secondary Education and Special Education which I am currently working towards. I want to be a teacher in life as well as a student because I know I still have much to learn. I do not believe I would have come to this realization without college. I am thankful for the college experiences that I have already endeavored, as well as the student experiences I will have in the future.

If I had to say what the worst thing about Northern Arizona University is, I would have to say the price of parking passes and how the parking lots are set up. I have not been attending NAU very long but this is something I have noticed during the short time period that I have been here for. You are only allowed access to one parking lot upon purchase even if you may have classes on the opposite end of campus with little time in between to walk, or run, to your class.

Jessamyn

My decision to attend Northern Arizona University was the most advantageous decision I have made thus far. Living on my own and being solely responsible for myself and my personal actions, such as whether or not to attend class every day, has made me more responsible and accept responsibility for my actions. For instance, on the occasion I do miss a class, due to an illness or because my alarm does not succeed in waking me up on that particular morning, I will go in on my own time to make up what I missed. In addition, I have also learned the importance of managing my time; this is helps me plan when to work on a certain assignment and how long I am able to work on it until I have to move onto the next project. This asset will come in handy in real-world situations when I obtain a job as a Registered Nurse; my ability to manage my time will allow me to equally care for all patients that have been assigned to me and not leave anyone out.

Before coming to this school I wish I had known, generally, how much money I would require, not just for tuition, but for books and other miscellaneous fees. If I had known that ahead of time I like to think that I would have spent more time and effort to gain scholarships and grants to aid me in paying for these expenses. Then I would not be stressing over how I am going to pay for college on top of completing my course work.

Northern Arizona University is situated at high elevation on a mountain; therefore, there is an abundance of wildlife, such as skunks and crows. Also due to the elevation we frequently get snow fall. Because of this environment individuals who are very fond of the outdoors would be right at home up here, as well as, other similarly laid back individuals. The general student population consists of vegetarians, and homosexuals; the majority of which are open-minded, individualistic students.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.