Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Louis

I feel that I had a good transition from the high school enviroment to the college life. However, if I was to be able to go back and talk to myself I would tell myself to really maintain my hard work and vigerous studing, but also reserve my self more time to spend time with my friends which I would not be able to see as much after the college start. I would want my self to find a more equal level of studing and socializing instead of procrastinating. I beleive that if I was to hear it from myself that the procrastination is a hinder to myself I would spend time alittle more wisely. Although, despite my procastination, I feel that my college transition went smooth and that I am very happy with my choice of going to Northern Arizona University.

I would consider that the best thing about my school is having an observitory on campus, and being able to interact with the professors while reseaching. I also find that it is great that I am able to operate the observitory and teach and show the public the night sky. It is truely enjoyable to be able to answer peoples questions about the night sky and impress them by showing them what is in the night sky.

That NAU is an open enviroment and is not over crowded by a large city population. NAU is a school that exscapes the big city pollution and has beautiful, clear night skies. Also that the school has multiple oppertunities for undergraduates to interact and help with research, which they can get payed for often times. And one of the best things is that we have an on campus observitory and the students can help run the observitory to educate the public.

Ellen

My classmates have always been very nice to me, opening doors, sharing notes, forming study groups, and helping in any way they can. We are all in the same position and want to do the best we can.

The size of the school does make it difficult somtimes for things such as parking, guest parking, and getting to know people in your classes. If you are in smaller classes you can get to know the people around you, but in larger lecture halls people sit in a different spot everyday and don't always talk to the people sitting next to them.

If I could go back to being a senior in high school, I would change a few things in my life and routine that could have helped my transition into college easier. I would have worked harder in all of my classes, practiced better study habbits, and gained all the extra knowlegde I could. I also would have taken as many honors, accelerated, and AP classes as possible. This almost forces you to form better study habbits since the material is more difficult and moving at a faster pace. Also, if there is a chance to take a high school course and get free college credit for it, why not work a little harder to better yourself and your education? I found college level math to be extra difficult and I wish I would have stuck out the harder math courses in high school to get more of a head start into college. Always keep your head up and never stop trying, keep good friends close and let go of ones that aren't worth your time.

Katie

Knowing that I could go back in time to give advise to myself as a senior, I would tell myself not to give up. I've considered to drop out of high school numerous times when I was a senior because I was a single teenage mother. It was difficult for me to stay in school. I would tell myself that there's a better life for myself and my daughter when I finish high school and attend college. Dorm life isn't that great in my opinion but there's other options that we can take as a family. In high school I didn't like how teachers and principles told us what to believe. In college you make your own decisions based on your beliefs. College opens a whole new door for you to experience, it's nothing like high school so don't give up and think that high school is the whole world because it's not. This is what I would tell myself if I were to go back in time.

I believe that people who are serious about getting an education should attend this school. People who want to go beyond and learn to help pther people in need should attend this university. The type of person who should attend this school should be the type who isn't afraid to consume the facts this university offers, who is serious about helping people, who wants to receive one of the best education degrees Arizona has to offer.

The worst thing about the university I'm attending is that they don't consider to offer vegan foods and alternatives. Only two dining area's out of the majority of dining places has vegan food. I'm not only considering they put vegetables and fruit everywhere, that's not enough to have a vegan person's health stay on track. There needs to be more resources the vegan people on campus can turn to.

Someone who's a slacker, just doesn't really care. They normally don't last around here because they think it's too hard and demanding. The majority of college students that attend here finish early or on time.

Well there really isn't anything bad about this place. Except for parking, you park in the wrong spot and you get a ticket. So you really gotta pay attention to your parking permit and the areas your allowed to park in. Other than that it's a wonderful place to study and to train in sports. We're at 7,000 ft. The best training there is.

College isn't just about fun and games. Ok at times it is. But you have a wonderful chance to advance your knowledge and make more money with a bachelor's, master's or doctorates degree. College offers a lot of oppurtunites that could get you as far as you want to go. You can be college student and still have a social life. It requires more balancing but it is really worth it in the end. You'll find friends that are really awesome and make friendships that last forever. Your first semester will be hard, it is for everyone, I know, it does get easier, it becomes a lot of fun, you push really hard the first few years and then next thing you know it's your senior year. You can relax a little and enjoy your last year in college. There are many programs that you can join as well that are fun and engaging.

Josylyn

It wasn't long ago that I was a senior in high school. My school offered a great program that allowed high school students to take college classes that were credited in both schools. If I were to go back I would tell myself to take advantage of every opportunity I had to take those classes. I only took two my senior year but looking back I would have done more throughout high school. My choices in classes would have been very different as well. I would have taken more humanities classes instead of short term interests. Humanities courses offer a variety of opportunities in different fields of study. As for education majors they are the core of prerequisites required to get into an undergraduate program. I have worked very hard in my education and I'm finishing a four year degree in three years. I feel that I could have been more prepared and not taken quite the course load if I had taken more appropriate classes in high school.

I love the schedule that I have for school. I go to class three nights a week. The classes are long because they are three credits a piece but it's so convenient to have a week's worth of classes done in one night. The nightly schedule also allows for me to work at a daycare center during the day. My instructors are mostly current elementary school teachers who also teach us at night. It's great to hear their stories and draw from their experiences.

My classroom is about four hours from campus. I'm involved in Northern Arizona University's distance learning program. The program is relatively new and experiences some difficulties with technology. We have an office here in town that is our basic communication to the university and can sometimes be difficult to get important paperwork turned in. The most difficult process through my schooling was applying and getting all of the necessary paperwork to the campus in Flagstaff.

Don't worry. Everything will turn out. All things happen for a reason. Do not hesitate upon making a change. Do not deny yourself happiness. Remember that you are young, Hannah. Things like jobs and money and adult responsibility will come in time, and sometimes striving towards independence ain't all it's cracked up to be. Just be yourself. Don't worry about what majors other people think are most lucrative. You don't even like graphic design, just go back to fine art. Stick with what your good at and get even better. No sense in pretending that you're someone else, doing something else. What's the difference between a desk job you hate and a design job you hate? None. So what if being a creative person won't make you rich. But then again who says it won't? Your heroes Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe kept telling each other and all the world that they'd one day be famous artists. And behold! So they did! Just have faith, padawon. Keep your chin up and your passions aflame.

Mandi

A multitude of colorful people all looking for their own piece of mind.

A multitude of colorful people all looking for their own piece of mind.

It's silly to know what you're going to do for the rest of your life when you're seventeen years old. It seems like a crazy notion. But, in the end, you need to persevere. It's better to continue education and figure it out along the way. The transition will be extremely difficult at times, and you will want to give up. It's vital that you don't. You will want to scream and go back to the comfort of home, the place where the people who make you feel whole reside. Every day is a new day, and all you can do is take it one day at a time. Give yourself credit and believe that you'll come through difficult times all the wiser and experienced for the next time. Meanwhile, have faith, and never give up on yourself. Persevere.

Honestly, I wish I had known how difficult it would be to be away from my family and friends. I find myself having to progress daily towards finding others things here that I can hold on to and make a part of my life. It's something that must be taken one day at a time. The hardest part (and the most comforting part) to remember is that a lot of your fellow students are going through the exact same thing.

Jordan

The size of the school. It's easy to get to and from classes. Also, the beauty of the school. Flagstaff is a gorgeous town. It has the four seasons and each season brings out a different beauty the city of flagstaff has to offer.

The classes. Unlike most universities, Northern Arizona University has classes with reasonable class size. It makes it easier to learn. The teachers are available to work one on one giving you the best possible education you can recieve. The professors are their for you, to give you the most for your college education.

If I could go back to when I was a college senio i'd have important advice to give myself. That advice is to believe in yourself and the work you are able to achieve. If you put time and effort in the work you have, you will be able to achieve excellent grades. Never give up on anything. When you give up, you're letting yourself fail in something that just takes extra time and work that requires extra work. Anything is possible college is a whole different world from high school and it's possible to well, as long as you don't give up and work hard on everything that is thrown your way.

Kristen

I would tell myself to start planning for college as soon as possible during high school so that I can optimize my chances for being successful in college. I would start looking at potential colleges and applying for scholarships during my sophomore year in high school. I would also have talked to more college age students about their experiences in college so that I could have alleviated the fears that I had before leaving home for college. My anxieties during the summer before I left for college turned out to be greatly exaggerated from what actually happened when I started college. I would tell myself to just be myself and try hard academically just as I did in high school and then I would do just fine in college.

I find the staff very helpful and organized. If I need an answer to some question I can always find it.

Someone who likes a beautiful mountain setting with snow in the winter and challenging classes.

Kaitlan

My School is absolutely wonderful, engaging and the perfect size.

My School is absolutely wonderful, engaging and the perfect size.

If I could go back to my senior year of highschool, I would tell myself numerous things. The first thing I would tell myself is apply for as many schlorships as possible. It is so expensive to go to college and it has been terrible needing to take out loans to be able to get a secondary education. I would also tell myself to save as much as I can before I get to college. I would also go back and tell myself to appy at more than one college. I love NAU and knew it was the college that I wanted to go to but I never thought about what if I was not accepted. I had no back up plan and luckily I was accepted but it could have been terrible having no plan B. I would also tell myself to spend more time with my family. Now that I live two hours away from them, I miss them so much everyday and wish that I spent more time with them when I lived at home. Last but not least, HAVE FUN IN COLLEGE!

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.