Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Tess

the best thing about our school is the people. All the students and faculty have come from aound the world to come here. partially becase it is cheap, and partially because of its reputation as a green campus. The people on campus are so diverse that there is little to no predjudice, ethnic profiling, or teasing or taunts of any matter. There has never been fights between students on our campus. evryone respects the other because of the attitude that we have created as a student body together

CHILL OUT! I was so nervous to go to college because i had never been on my own before. It wasnt that i wasnt ready to get out of the house, but to live on my own was another matter. I was worried about how to do simple things like call in a perscription, i had never don that bfore - who do i call what do i say? Simple things about school scared me. How do i know when to read the chapters, what if its too much to handle, what if i begin to fail out, who do i go to? The resourses college offers its students is amazing from tudours to dinner. Evrything is so much easier tha you think. My advice to myself would e just to relax becase they have it all covered

A person from higher society, one who enjoys luxuries, and unrestrained spending might find this campus a bit lacking in accomidations and activities that suit them. We are a very earth aware and earth freindly campus and we have a lot of diversity on campus.

Kelci

I always tell my friends that this is the best school because it is a very nice place to live enviornmentally, and a great place to live because the people who live her are very friendly and willing to help.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would have to talk to myself about applying for the summer to take one or two courses to see how the teaching is and how the university grades and know more about the education at the school. I would talk myself into getting a loan to help pay for a trip to NAU so i could visit the school and see what it was like, so i would have a better feel of what to expect as a new freshman at NAU! And if i would visit talk to students that already attend NAU and see what their opinion is about NAU and what i could do to make my transition to NAU a successful transition!

I think that the best thing about NAU is that the faculty and staff are very nice, understanding and willing to help their students . If the faculty or staff can not help with a specific question then he/she will find out information for you and help you connect with the right person and not pass you around from person to person!

Edward

After experiencing the trial and error period of my freshman year in college, I would offer some important suggestions to myself as a senior in high school. First, I would tell myself to begin developing good study habits in order to prepare myself for the work load in college courses. Next, I would encourage myself to become more sociable and develope positive communication skills. These communication skills will be extremely helpful in just about every situation a college campus offers. Also, I would encourage myself to begin learning and developing logical note taking techniques. Finally, I would tell myself to stay focused on my school work and start filling out applications for scholarships as soon as possible.

First, I've only been a student at Northern Arizona University for one semester so I still have some aspects of the university to experience. One thing that has stuck out like a sore thumb about the NAU campus is the lack of student activities. I've visited other campuses and am astonished by the amount of activites these campuses provide their students. I haven't seen much activites on campus since i've been a student.

Garin

First of all the person has to love the environmental setting at which the school is set on. Most students are here at Northern Arizona University ( NAU) because they like the scene view of the near by mountain and the ponderosa pines that surrounds the campus. The campus is very diverse and students are very opened minded to other cultures that attend the school. The campus encourage students to strive to do their best in their learning endeavor. So a person that wants to attend NAU must be friendly and be ready to learn new things.

The best thing about my school Northern Arizona University (NAU) is that my school is very open to diversity. In order to feel comfortable you have to feel liked and welcomed by your school and I feel that NAU does a great job of welcoming it's students. This attitude insures a safe learning experience for it's students. NAU does a great job to make students feel they are wanted and liked. Such a relationship encourages students such as myself to strive for a great learning opportunity. This is what's great about attending NAU.

I would say do some research on the major you choose. Meet with the department heads and makes contact with them, get to know the instructors that you will have when you start school. Most of meet other students that are doing the same thing as you. Make friends that way you will not feel all alone and left out. Most of all apply early to scholorships and look into internships if you all ready know what you will be doing. Also look into study groups and learning centers that the school provides. Most of all stay in touch with your advisers, tell them of what you want to do because they do not read minds. You have to tell them what you want to do after you get your degree. Next most important thing is be wise on what you do with your money. There will be times when you have to spend money on books and its not wise to go on a spending spree. Make sure if you have loans see what type of interest rates they are offering. My next advise would be to get that classes you want early, before they fill up.

Lynn

I would tell myself to take more Advanced Placement classes and try to get as much credit as possible. I would also tell myself to relax, it doesn't need to be as stressful as I made it because everyone is so helpful and are willing to make things right. I would also suggest taking a Physical education course, just to mix things up and relieve some stress. When talking to myself as a senior, I would stress that I need to relax and have fun in every situation- college is about finding yourself and you can only do that when you are relaxed and having fun. Also, don't eat the food at the Union everyday- mix it up and have a salad and fruit, which is much healthier than greassy pizza. Enjoy life, and don't stress about the professors or the little things!

How interactive and helpful ALL of the staff are.

Jesse

Culturally diverse, high academic standards with an emphasis on the environment in which it inhabits, Northern Arizona University provides excellence in higher education through a variety of programs, above average proffesors and a great student base.

The best thing about my school would be its ideal location in a pristine environment, suitable for expanding the scope of ones academic goals. The school is located in Flagstaff Arizona, nestled amongst the pristine mountains of the San Fransisco peaks. The area is rich in history and neighbors the Navajo Indian reservation. Culturally diverse, environmentally progressive, quiant and historically preserved, Northern Arizona Universities spot on the map, Flagstaff Ariozna, is the best thing about my school. A serene environment allows for the mind to grow and the soul to flourish.

I would say something along the lines of, " Please for the love of Pete, pay attention because a lot of this "crap" actually means a good deal and is worth something. Grow some balls. Try to get some sort of part time job and live off campus. Oh and maybe actually dating a girl or two might be a good idea. But please wear a condom, herpes is a real drag. Buckle up soldier, you got a long ride ahead of you and it's not all shits and giggles. Oh and FYI, we finally voted in a black president !! "

Cameron

Northern Arizona University is environmentally, socially, and academically friendly.

In high school I was very apprehensive about going to a four year university right after graduation. I would first tell myself that it is going to be blast living in the dorms freshman year and meeting hundreds of new people. However, I would be sure to encourage getting involved more in activities such as clubs, organizaitons, or intramural sports. I feel that these types of activities are where you meet life long friends, simply because you all share the same interests. As an education major, I would tell myself to try and volunteer in the public elementary schools more often, simply for the enjoyment and the experience. Lastly, I would tell myself to make sure and try new things such as snowboarding, and only using my bike for transportation. I would encourage myself to take advantage of all that NAU and Flagstaff has to offer in order to create an unforgettable college experience.

I would tell myself to get more involved within the campus. I am a junior and just recently joined a community service organization on campus, and I wish I would have joined my freshman year! There are so many opportunities to be proactive and make friends, and I wish I would have taken advantage of them my first day.

Tamika

Northern Arizona University is a small traditional college that makes you feel right at home especially with the friendly staff on campus and this university is a beautiful campus that gets all four seasons like fall, winter, spring and summer.

My classmates are strong minded, willing to help eachother in any way they can, artistic, smart, athletic, talented and they are always just themselves.

If I could go back in time and be a high school senior all over again I would let myself know that anything is possible as long as you set your mind to it. You just got over one hurdle by graduating and now its on to the next which is college. The advice I would give to myself would be not to stress out over tests or writing english papers back to back because the more stress out you get the more you can not focus. It is better to write down when papers and assignements are due so you won't forget to turn them in becasue your professors will not remind you. College is a time for growth, so regardless of what others may think of you it is your time to accomplish your dreams and accomplish all your goals. It is okay to take breaks and have fun, but just remember what you came to college for which is to get a college degree.

Northern Arizona University is a medium sized college that can make anyone feel welcome, a very "hippie" university, that has very liberal views, people who love the outdoors, but also focuses on the academic part of college and tries to make sure students graduating from this university are well rounded human beings.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definately tell myself to study a little harder, but most importantly to not look some much at the name of the college but what the college has to offer and whether or not I can see myself there. I thought the only good colleges were the ones that were well known around the country, like Harvard, and Brown. However I am completely happy with my decision to go to Northern Arizona University, and although I may not have known it at the time, this is the place that I am meant to be. I am getting a quality education, and although the courses are much more tough than they were in high school, they are more beneficial. I am getting the chance to be on my own, independent but also close enough that my parents can visit on the weekends. I have met new friends from around the country and the world, and I am going to get the chance to study in another country as well. In all I would tell myself to stop worrying, everything will work out in the end.

I think that the best thing about Northern Arizona University would be the area in which the campus is located and the size of the school. NAU is located in the forest, allowing students to be in nature. The school also is close to the mountains so students can go snowboarding, and Sedona to play in the creeks. This university is located in a small town, however it is 100% a college town, and you feel instantly connected to the college life. The class size are generally small which allows students the opportunity to get to know their professors well.

Bridgette

Great people from all walks of life, its amazing to meet such diverse people.

Great people from all walks of life, its amazing to meet such diverse people.

If I was a high school student senior and I have had the college experience, I would tell myself not to stress so much because I would be accepted somewhere. I would also tell myself to strive for higher grades, and probably would have tried to have done better in my academics. I also would have taken my Advanced Placement Spanish exam, because it would have benefited me tremendously in college.

A person who should attend Northern Arizona University is a studeous person, who prefers one on one with the teacher instead of having a class of 500 (aka ASU) where a teacher does not remember a face let alone a name. A student also has to not mind the cold weather to be attending N.A.U. It's a smaller university when compared to ASU or U of A but it is beautiful. The classes are great, I know I would personally not leave for theorld.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.