Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Mandi

A multitude of colorful people all looking for their own piece of mind.

A multitude of colorful people all looking for their own piece of mind.

It's silly to know what you're going to do for the rest of your life when you're seventeen years old. It seems like a crazy notion. But, in the end, you need to persevere. It's better to continue education and figure it out along the way. The transition will be extremely difficult at times, and you will want to give up. It's vital that you don't. You will want to scream and go back to the comfort of home, the place where the people who make you feel whole reside. Every day is a new day, and all you can do is take it one day at a time. Give yourself credit and believe that you'll come through difficult times all the wiser and experienced for the next time. Meanwhile, have faith, and never give up on yourself. Persevere.

Honestly, I wish I had known how difficult it would be to be away from my family and friends. I find myself having to progress daily towards finding others things here that I can hold on to and make a part of my life. It's something that must be taken one day at a time. The hardest part (and the most comforting part) to remember is that a lot of your fellow students are going through the exact same thing.

Jordan

The size of the school. It's easy to get to and from classes. Also, the beauty of the school. Flagstaff is a gorgeous town. It has the four seasons and each season brings out a different beauty the city of flagstaff has to offer.

The classes. Unlike most universities, Northern Arizona University has classes with reasonable class size. It makes it easier to learn. The teachers are available to work one on one giving you the best possible education you can recieve. The professors are their for you, to give you the most for your college education.

If I could go back to when I was a college senio i'd have important advice to give myself. That advice is to believe in yourself and the work you are able to achieve. If you put time and effort in the work you have, you will be able to achieve excellent grades. Never give up on anything. When you give up, you're letting yourself fail in something that just takes extra time and work that requires extra work. Anything is possible college is a whole different world from high school and it's possible to well, as long as you don't give up and work hard on everything that is thrown your way.

Kristen

I would tell myself to start planning for college as soon as possible during high school so that I can optimize my chances for being successful in college. I would start looking at potential colleges and applying for scholarships during my sophomore year in high school. I would also have talked to more college age students about their experiences in college so that I could have alleviated the fears that I had before leaving home for college. My anxieties during the summer before I left for college turned out to be greatly exaggerated from what actually happened when I started college. I would tell myself to just be myself and try hard academically just as I did in high school and then I would do just fine in college.

I find the staff very helpful and organized. If I need an answer to some question I can always find it.

Someone who likes a beautiful mountain setting with snow in the winter and challenging classes.

Kaitlan

My School is absolutely wonderful, engaging and the perfect size.

My School is absolutely wonderful, engaging and the perfect size.

If I could go back to my senior year of highschool, I would tell myself numerous things. The first thing I would tell myself is apply for as many schlorships as possible. It is so expensive to go to college and it has been terrible needing to take out loans to be able to get a secondary education. I would also tell myself to save as much as I can before I get to college. I would also go back and tell myself to appy at more than one college. I love NAU and knew it was the college that I wanted to go to but I never thought about what if I was not accepted. I had no back up plan and luckily I was accepted but it could have been terrible having no plan B. I would also tell myself to spend more time with my family. Now that I live two hours away from them, I miss them so much everyday and wish that I spent more time with them when I lived at home. Last but not least, HAVE FUN IN COLLEGE!

Tess

the best thing about our school is the people. All the students and faculty have come from aound the world to come here. partially becase it is cheap, and partially because of its reputation as a green campus. The people on campus are so diverse that there is little to no predjudice, ethnic profiling, or teasing or taunts of any matter. There has never been fights between students on our campus. evryone respects the other because of the attitude that we have created as a student body together

CHILL OUT! I was so nervous to go to college because i had never been on my own before. It wasnt that i wasnt ready to get out of the house, but to live on my own was another matter. I was worried about how to do simple things like call in a perscription, i had never don that bfore - who do i call what do i say? Simple things about school scared me. How do i know when to read the chapters, what if its too much to handle, what if i begin to fail out, who do i go to? The resourses college offers its students is amazing from tudours to dinner. Evrything is so much easier tha you think. My advice to myself would e just to relax becase they have it all covered

A person from higher society, one who enjoys luxuries, and unrestrained spending might find this campus a bit lacking in accomidations and activities that suit them. We are a very earth aware and earth freindly campus and we have a lot of diversity on campus.

Kelci

I always tell my friends that this is the best school because it is a very nice place to live enviornmentally, and a great place to live because the people who live her are very friendly and willing to help.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would have to talk to myself about applying for the summer to take one or two courses to see how the teaching is and how the university grades and know more about the education at the school. I would talk myself into getting a loan to help pay for a trip to NAU so i could visit the school and see what it was like, so i would have a better feel of what to expect as a new freshman at NAU! And if i would visit talk to students that already attend NAU and see what their opinion is about NAU and what i could do to make my transition to NAU a successful transition!

I think that the best thing about NAU is that the faculty and staff are very nice, understanding and willing to help their students . If the faculty or staff can not help with a specific question then he/she will find out information for you and help you connect with the right person and not pass you around from person to person!

Edward

After experiencing the trial and error period of my freshman year in college, I would offer some important suggestions to myself as a senior in high school. First, I would tell myself to begin developing good study habits in order to prepare myself for the work load in college courses. Next, I would encourage myself to become more sociable and develope positive communication skills. These communication skills will be extremely helpful in just about every situation a college campus offers. Also, I would encourage myself to begin learning and developing logical note taking techniques. Finally, I would tell myself to stay focused on my school work and start filling out applications for scholarships as soon as possible.

First, I've only been a student at Northern Arizona University for one semester so I still have some aspects of the university to experience. One thing that has stuck out like a sore thumb about the NAU campus is the lack of student activities. I've visited other campuses and am astonished by the amount of activites these campuses provide their students. I haven't seen much activites on campus since i've been a student.

Garin

First of all the person has to love the environmental setting at which the school is set on. Most students are here at Northern Arizona University ( NAU) because they like the scene view of the near by mountain and the ponderosa pines that surrounds the campus. The campus is very diverse and students are very opened minded to other cultures that attend the school. The campus encourage students to strive to do their best in their learning endeavor. So a person that wants to attend NAU must be friendly and be ready to learn new things.

The best thing about my school Northern Arizona University (NAU) is that my school is very open to diversity. In order to feel comfortable you have to feel liked and welcomed by your school and I feel that NAU does a great job of welcoming it's students. This attitude insures a safe learning experience for it's students. NAU does a great job to make students feel they are wanted and liked. Such a relationship encourages students such as myself to strive for a great learning opportunity. This is what's great about attending NAU.

I would say do some research on the major you choose. Meet with the department heads and makes contact with them, get to know the instructors that you will have when you start school. Most of meet other students that are doing the same thing as you. Make friends that way you will not feel all alone and left out. Most of all apply early to scholorships and look into internships if you all ready know what you will be doing. Also look into study groups and learning centers that the school provides. Most of all stay in touch with your advisers, tell them of what you want to do because they do not read minds. You have to tell them what you want to do after you get your degree. Next most important thing is be wise on what you do with your money. There will be times when you have to spend money on books and its not wise to go on a spending spree. Make sure if you have loans see what type of interest rates they are offering. My next advise would be to get that classes you want early, before they fill up.

Lynn

I would tell myself to take more Advanced Placement classes and try to get as much credit as possible. I would also tell myself to relax, it doesn't need to be as stressful as I made it because everyone is so helpful and are willing to make things right. I would also suggest taking a Physical education course, just to mix things up and relieve some stress. When talking to myself as a senior, I would stress that I need to relax and have fun in every situation- college is about finding yourself and you can only do that when you are relaxed and having fun. Also, don't eat the food at the Union everyday- mix it up and have a salad and fruit, which is much healthier than greassy pizza. Enjoy life, and don't stress about the professors or the little things!

How interactive and helpful ALL of the staff are.

Jesse

Culturally diverse, high academic standards with an emphasis on the environment in which it inhabits, Northern Arizona University provides excellence in higher education through a variety of programs, above average proffesors and a great student base.

The best thing about my school would be its ideal location in a pristine environment, suitable for expanding the scope of ones academic goals. The school is located in Flagstaff Arizona, nestled amongst the pristine mountains of the San Fransisco peaks. The area is rich in history and neighbors the Navajo Indian reservation. Culturally diverse, environmentally progressive, quiant and historically preserved, Northern Arizona Universities spot on the map, Flagstaff Ariozna, is the best thing about my school. A serene environment allows for the mind to grow and the soul to flourish.

I would say something along the lines of, " Please for the love of Pete, pay attention because a lot of this "crap" actually means a good deal and is worth something. Grow some balls. Try to get some sort of part time job and live off campus. Oh and maybe actually dating a girl or two might be a good idea. But please wear a condom, herpes is a real drag. Buckle up soldier, you got a long ride ahead of you and it's not all shits and giggles. Oh and FYI, we finally voted in a black president !! "

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.