Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Tatum

The interactions with students and professors is refreshing. It allows for a more focused and organized environment. The small town experience is great for this college town. The number of students at this school is in my mind the perfect amount. It is not too small where you are unable to escape the anyone or the small town drama. It is not too big to where you are just another body at the school, it is perfect so you can be apart of something.

As a high school senior, I thought I had my life figured out and planned to the tee. I later learned that as I grew in college my choices began to change. I wish I spent more time considering career choices that I would be interested in, by Taking a variety of classes and basing my decisions off of what would make me most happy later in my future. Rather being closed minded with a specific area. I would have been able to save my time in a field I later decided wasn't right for me. As far as tranisitions from high school to college. I would not change that. I have joined a sorority. IThe sorority lifestyle is perfect for my level of involveness and my outgoing personality. Another then I would focus on would be to stay positive and fight for what I want. As a senior in high school I went through some tramatic experiences and I would want to tell myself to hold your head high take advantage of the support system around you and know that college is the perfect oppurtunity I was looking for to grow and learn from the experiences.

A student who is looking for the upperclass environment or city life would have to drive 2 hours to Phoenix to live the life they wish to live. This town is more for those who enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and the small town feel. Students have to be able to tolerate the snow for a large part of the year and learn to embrace the weather conditions rather then protest against them.

denise

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would say to myself "do not take time off to find out what life is. Stay in school and stick with my goals that I had made when I was about ten." Knowing what I know now, I would have been that Doctor or Attorney or maybe even that Pilot if I'd just stayed in school. I justified the way my life turned out by educating my daughter and encouraged her to go to college. It is the best thing that one could do. Education is the best way of insuring quite a good and eazy life. Now I am very involved in my grandchildrens' lives and stand by the foundations that I had been taught as a child. I pass it on to them daily, I speak with them everyday, even it is just to say a qiick "hello."

Jose

I would tell myself to just hang on and to work hard. I would tell myself that it will be difficult at times but that in order to become a champion you have to go through things that make life more difficult but will be worth it in the end. I have not given up yet and i will keep telling myself not to give up for as long as i live.

The only thing I wish i had know was how to deal with the transition from high school college a little better.

The kind of students that should attend this school should be ones that actually want to have a future and learn because NAU does that very well, it helps you grow as a leader and student.

Amy

Amy, going to college needs a lot of work and time. As a high school senior spend your time to apply as much scholarships as you can. There are a lot of opportunities of scholarship in high school. This can help you in college when you have to pay tuitions, housing, meals, and personal things. It isn't easy finding a job in college when there's too much to do. Therefore, take the chance while you can to apply as much as you can because money doesn't grow out of trees. You should also work hard in your classes because it would help your learning in college. During senior year in high school, also spend time in socializing with close friends. In college, it is hard to find close friends because of different classes every semester. Thus, when you?re in college and you?re not happy you can rely on your close friends that you connected with in high school. Just make sure to be prepared and get ready for college life. It would be a big change. Whether it?s positive or negative, you'll enjoy it, especially the experience you will get in college.

The clubs and activities

Bethany

My classmates are diverse in personalities and interesting.

My classmates are diverse in personalities and interesting.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, it probably would not help very much. Everything I knew in high school, I know now, only now I have personal experience. Go to all of your classes, do all of the assignments even if you do not know all of the answers, and get involved with the people. The only thing I would tell myself back in high school is that I want to major in German Secondary Education. Do not try to please your family by going into medicine. Major in the one thing you have interest in and have always had interest in. Live and learn for yourself, not your parents or friends, but remember the lessons you learned by living for your family and friends before. Keep going and never give up because once you do, that is the end.

The worst thing about this college is the organization of the staff. If you have a question about classes you need to take or how many credits you need, then you have to find the answers yourself. Only go to the advisors after you have done your own research because they will know less than you will.

Kelly

The location is in Northern Arizona which receive lots of snow during the winter. Is best known for the snow and the four year tuition rate they promise to remain the same.

There is nothing much I could tell myself if I got the chance. When I was a high school senior, I had everything plan for my life after I graduate. I knew my goals and achieve them while I was in high school. I got to be valedictorian for my senior class and managed to have thirteen years perfect attendence. I made the right decision to go to college within my state. Other than that there is not much to give advice to myself because I made the transition to college life on my own and with the help of others.

There is really nothing bad about my school. The location is beautiful and amazing with all the snow. Also the community with all the staff is very helpful.

I would go back and tell myself to calm down. I definitely freaked out becase I had no idea what my major was going to be. Even going into my first year of college, I didn't know what I wanted to do. Looking back, I realize that taking all my general studies was a real blessing and it allowed me to find what matters most to me in life. After I figured that out, I realized I could make a career out of it and that was a relief.

Tiffany

I would tell myself that I should just go on to college right after high school and not take a break. It would be hard to go back to school after being out for awhile. Plus you forget alot of stuff and would have to take extra classes to get myself up to college standards.

carlissa

well diverse community of ethcis, race and sexual orientation

well diverse community of ethcis, race and sexual orientation

If I could go back in time and talk to yourself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take it easy and enjoy moments. I have been in college since the summer of my junior years on a scholarship at South Mountain Community College called ACE, which just stands for Achieving College Education. So by the time I transfer to Northern Arizona University I complete most of my class that now I taking class that don't count since I only have a few left until I graduated but they can't be taken all at once and sometime they are not offered every semester. I planned every detail out that I feel like I am losing steam plus I didn't get the chance to be more involved with extra curricular activities or functions. I have always been on the fast track that I feel I didn't get to really experience college life like I wanted to. So my advice would break down to enjoy life, plan a little but take detours if they arise to see and enjoy the scenery.

The bars and club around campus, the diverse, and teachers

Shantavia

If I was a high school student and could give my self advice about college I would say numerous things. College can be very complicating and make you want to give up sometimes. I would tell my self to plan well and stay oraganized. I would research more on the college expectations and limitations. I will prepare myself more efficiently and would not let small things get to me nor would I let my troubles worry me. I would write down my goals that I would like to get out of that college and goals that I would like to complete before getting there. I would recognize what I want out of the college and how I would go about accomplishing it. Most of all I would prepare myself to be motivational and ready for whatever is put before me. I would take advantage of my education and use it too the fullest extent. Last but not least I would teach myself to not give up or give in when times get hard and I feel like everything is shutting down on me. That is the advice I would give my self about college life and its transitions.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.