Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Shantavia

If I was a high school student and could give my self advice about college I would say numerous things. College can be very complicating and make you want to give up sometimes. I would tell my self to plan well and stay oraganized. I would research more on the college expectations and limitations. I will prepare myself more efficiently and would not let small things get to me nor would I let my troubles worry me. I would write down my goals that I would like to get out of that college and goals that I would like to complete before getting there. I would recognize what I want out of the college and how I would go about accomplishing it. Most of all I would prepare myself to be motivational and ready for whatever is put before me. I would take advantage of my education and use it too the fullest extent. Last but not least I would teach myself to not give up or give in when times get hard and I feel like everything is shutting down on me. That is the advice I would give my self about college life and its transitions.

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I?d tell myself to lighten up! College has been the most eye opening and remarkable experience of my life. I only wish my last year in high school could have been half as amusing! Instead, I was diligent being serious taking college classes by night, trying to finish high school a year early. It was as if the instant my parents left my dorm, I became a completely different person. The old Nicole that stayed home and studied all day was no more. I have never made so many friends who are all so wonderfully different. Even though I am a student first and foremost, it is the relationships that I exceedingly treasure now and craved in high school. If I was as open minded and content in my own skin as I am now, I could look back at high school as the ?glory days?. Now I look forward to everyday, wondering what is in store for me, what new friends I?ll meet, moments I?ll never forget. Although I cannot go back to high school, I can look forward to tomorrow and new memories.

Kathie

If I were to go back in time and advise myself on how to transition from high school to college, I would have chosen the university across the street in order to afford school. Live at home and work near home while only paying tuition would be much affordable and less stressful. Plus, you wouldn't have to pay for housing or get food poisoning from university food.

A person who has money or who has a good chance of getting a job, or at least an interview.

I usually brag that here the weather is nice and cool, while where they are at it's scorching hot! Also it snows here and it looks beautiful, but then it gets old and I want the snow to melt already.

The school i attend is your average university. It is one of the smaller ones in Arizona but the enviornment is amazing. The classes are about 200 people or less with the professors helping you anytime you need it. Alot of the students here are down to earth people with very nice personalities.

The advice i would give myself for entering college is to get ready for the real world. The college experience gets you ready for the rest of your life. there are no short cuts like there was in highs chool, no cheating on tests, or skipping classes and knowing you can catch up on your own. You will have to be ready for classes that are for your major and will help you become a successful person in life.

The worst thing about the school is the area it is surrounded in. It is around 3 cemetaries with streets that are not accessable all the time. there is constant construction and there is no way around it.

Brett

I would tell myself that its not that difficult as some people make it out to be. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to take some risks. Are there going to be some struggles? Sure there are. But once you get past those, it is definitely easier to enjoy yourself and relish in success both academically and socially.

I don't think there is any person or group of people that shouldn't attend this school.

The only bad thing about this school is the weather conditions, but that is out of the university's control.

jennifer

If I could go back into my head when I was still walking through my high school hall, which seemed alot bigger then than now. I would tell myself to be who you are, let the true jenny shine through. Walk with your head held high and beam with confidence, because you are beautiful and smart. I would kick myself in the butt, if that were possible, for not taking the SAT and going straight to a four year college. I definatly would remind myself that its ok to take college slow if that is what I wanted or needed to do for myself. Be brave and bold is what i would conclude with!

Gala

Pay attention, this will help: As much as I appreciate my "world experience," don't wait so long to go back to school! That last nine months spent working at the resort, you're better off without it - trust me. Start classes that much earlier but do continue to work there, just in another department which will give you the flexibility to take classes. While in school, get involved! You're still in shape so continue track, continue cheerleading; this will allow you to network and meet other students. Don?t second-guess yourself so much; you know what you're doing, trust in your abilities and be fearless.

Diane

Hurry up!! Life really is very short and before you know it you will be 40 or 50 years old. Time flys by and your eduacation is an important part of your life. So, Hurry up, get going and don't stop for any reason. You can do it all, work, go to school and have a family, it'a all about commitement!

Adrianna

I would tell myself to push myself to apply for the colleges that aren't easy to get into, instead of just settling with the instate options, because I know I could have done better. I would say that it would be worth it to apply for different schools so that I could have had some choice in where I wanted to go. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships, again, no matter how much the work. I would tell myself to stop being lazy and get to work on something as important as college. I would also tell myself to dislike my family as much as possible so that the move away would be easier, because the homesickness and the desire to go home to the familiar is not worth it.

Someone who is looking for a real challenge for their undergraduate degree or someone who does not like the outdoors and living a "green" lifestyle. Additionally, the city is quite small, so there aren't many opportunities for work or leisure.

Though it's only my first year, I feel as though it's really no harder than high school, which was not what I was looking for in a school. I am in the Honors program, but I think that it's not really allowing me to live up to my full potential.

Alyssa

One thing that is unique about NAU is that there are two cemeteries around the campus. Some people think it is a little creepy that there are cemeteries in the window view but it adds more of a interesting feel to the school and the town.

If I could go back to tell myself about college that would be great! I would first start off by saying that college is a big change from high school not only the classes but the social life. The second thing I would tell myself is in college you have to depend more on yourself than on someone else. The last thing I would tell myself is that yes school work is important but make sure you study hard and make an effort to meet new people.

The best thing about NAU is that it isn't very big. Also living in Phoenix all my life it is nice to come to a school that has a bit of a climate change. I also like how the campus is not to big and is easy to find your classes.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.