Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

It only gets better after high school. College is a place to break away from the role/character you were in you hometown. Its a place where you can be who you want to be. Yes it can be difficult, but it's worth the fight.

super conservative shopaholics that were tons of makeup or anyone that drives gas guslers.

I don't know. I love this school. I guess more financial aid would be helpful, especially for upper classmen.

Austin

Northern Arizona University is personably and nature friendly.

Northern Arizona University is personably and nature friendly.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to put myself out there more in the beginning of my college career and to meet as many people as possible. Knowing people around your campus is beneficial both academically and socially. If you wait too long or stay with the same people, you deprive yourself from the true college experience. Also, I would tell myself to take a wide variety of classes my first semester, because what you think you want to study in college is often much different than what you actually end up studying.

Students who want a large university feeling with a lot of school spirit.

Aimee

Stand up for what you believe is the right thing to do. Just because someone is older than you and supposedly "wiser" does not mean that they know the best path for you. Make your own mistakes, you will learn. Make decisions and choices with your whole heart put into them. Be passionate about what you say and do. Do not let others get in your way. Do not doubt yourself when your dreams are almost within reach. Challenge yourself, It's the only way you will learn anything, and who knows ... you may have a the time of your life while doing it. Learn to embrace others and their divsity. Some of the strangest people you meet may just come out to be your best friend. But most of all, have confidence in yourself and your dreams and do everything with 110 percent.

The absolutely beautiful campus and the fact that Flagstaff, Arizona does get all four seasons. Every morning you wake up to the trees and their falling leaves or with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. Northern Arizona University truly has a stunning and breath taking campus. Not to mention the many different and amazing views that can be seen throughout Flagstaff.

I wish I had known what my passion was. To be able to come in and say " This is what I love and I want to have this incorperated into the rest of my life. " College is a place to explore and create new opportunities, and one I would have loved to take would to delve in deeper to my passions and learn new aspects of them and challenge myself. I now know they are photography and dance, yet it would have been helpful to know before entering college.

There is a broad range of backgrounds and attitudes.

There is a broad range of backgrounds and attitudes.

People always told you that college would be the best time in your life, and it is. Make sure you put the book down sometimes and set aside part of your week to remeber your duties to your friends. They may be strudggling more than you know. The new friends that you make in your classes will be your friends for life and they are just as important as the ones that followed you to college. Classes are the path to finishing your college journey, but don't forget to look around and enjoy what's around you: a great campus, a great town and great people. And one more thing, always do what your triathlon coach tells you.

People who like the outdoors.

Nathan

What's unique is the campus is small. The students feel more connected to the school

I would tell myself to manage my time better. and to stay focus through the whole school year.

Teryn

Being in a beautiful location up in the mountains but with very unpredictable weather.

RELAX. You have nothing to worry about because your classes in college are fun and, although they are demanding, are worth it. your GPA will be better than you've ever seen. Don't party too hard but be outgoing and talk to people so that you can make new friends. Don't let other people tell you what to feel about others. Let your own thoughts and emotions guide you to the right choice. Don't let yourself be seduced too easily by dorky, cute guys. They are usually not worth it. Just have fun and don't get stressed out.

This school can fit any type of person so I would not tell anyone not to attend

Cydney

its size. its location in the mountians and the scenery of the campus. the business department told me that they took a number of students to have lunch with warren buffet.

Calm down. No matter what you chose you'll be happy. You can find your niche anywhere. Even if you chose wrong you can always switch and try again. When you get to school don't be afraid to be outgoing. Talk to people, they'll talk back. Join a group or club, its how you make good friends. Don't be afraid of the academic work load. You can do it. Work out and watch what you eat otherwise you'll feel disgusting at the end of the year. Keep in touch with family and friends and those that matter most to you.

someone who has no interest in the outdoors what so ever. so one who wants to be apart of a big city.

Destiny

If I could go back to my senoir year I would change a lot of stupid decisions I have made. I have made decisions that I deeply regret. These decisions not only affected me but my family as well. My deepest regret is that my little sister looked up to me and when I slacked off last year she was dissapointed in me and I had to earn her respect back and that was the hardest thing for me. Last year I slept and watched tv instead of going to class and by the time I started going back to class it was too late to bring my grades up. The sad thing is, is that when I went back I loved the classes and the things I was learning. I wished I could go back to that first day I decided to sleep through class and get out of bed and realize that I can sleep in after I retire after a successful career. Fixing grades is hard work but after I did over the summer I promised to never let myself hurt my family or myself again. It took a lot of work but i am finally happy!

This school is filled with so many different kinds of people. Anyone would be happy to come here and feel as if they fit in the second they get here; especially if they like the small town family feel.

It is hard to be away from home. Getting homesick is hard to deal with but its manageable. It is easy to get discouraged and give up when you don't know what you want to do when you graduate but once you figure out what it is school gets a whole lot easier and you have a goal to work towards. Figure out what you like to do and find something you can see yourself doing in 20 years that will still make you happy.

Kristin

To major in a scientific field, not get involvrd with the social sciences as a major.

Jenna

NAU is at the foot of the San Francisco peaks, which has the highest elevation in Arizona. This means I can go snowboarding for a day and not miss my night classes. Everything is a lot more laid vack here. The rush and competition and stress of perfection isn't there, making perfection easier to get.

" Senior year? First semester is the time to really focus on school; second semeser you're kinda off the hook! Thats when you start shifting your focus to scholarships. If you find scholarships you are eligible for, apply for them now, because as you get higher in your education, the less there are that are open to you. Don't skip out on Ferbuary. You'll regret it... and when you finally get to school...(college) don't be afraid to just randomly start conversations with people around you. Remember, hanging out in the freshman dorm does NOT make you lame. Its where you'll meet your best friends. They're new too, remember? And they want to hang out just as bad as you do. In May of your freshman year, say this to yourself again: You're free! NOW is the time to start focusing on the now. It isn't just about the future anymore. So long as you focus and get work done when you have downtime (like when everyone else is in class and you're free), you'll be able to find funtime. Just remember to relax; enjoy this. Its only here for now."

If someone is closed-minded, NAU probably would be a bad idea. But thats true for anywhere..... Overall, I genuinely believe that so long as NAU offers your major, it is the best of the three AZ universities by far. The traffic isn't bad either. However, transportation can be bad sometimes if you have classes on both north and south campuses. But people make friends quick and meeting someon in your class willing to give you a ride isn't difficult. If you don't like music or hippies, NAU is probably a bad idea.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.