Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

Kate

My classmates are laid-back and, usually, serious about their education.

My classmates are laid-back and, usually, serious about their education.

This school generally has small classes with accessible professors. I chose this school mainly because of the location (not in the desert) and because of the small classes. The other schools I considered were known for their huge lecture halls.

I would tell myself not to worry about the future. I would remind myself that I have moved several times and that I have always been able to fit in and make new friends without difficulty; therefore, college will be no different. I would tell myself to buy my textbooks from somewhere other than the campus bookstore. I would also warn myself about grammatival errors and about the importance of proof-reading my essays before submitting them. Finally, I would tell myself to relax and smile because I was going to be fine.

Lindsey

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would recommend becoming very familiar with an academic advisor early on because there is nothing like being an upperclassmen and feeling lost because you didn't take advising seriously. I would tell myself that you only get one opportunity to take a test, so don't blow off studying. Remember, there is the pain of discipline now or the pain of regret later! Get involved in school any way you can! Join a club or Greek life, play intramural sports or even join the robotics team! Just do SOMETHING! Go to your professor's office hours even if it is just to introduce yourself. Trust me, having your professor know your name is a good thing! I would also tell myself to enjoy dorm life! It is a crazy, fun environment and a place where you can meet a bunch of great new people! Finally, I would let myself know that the "freshman 15" really can happen if you're not careful!

The cold because I'm from Phoenix, AZ and still not used to the snow!

I wish I had more academic advising. (I think this would be applied to any school)

I would tell myself many things. The first thing I would tell myself is do not room with your best friend from high school your freshman year in the dorms. I believe I missed out on a lot by already knowing my roommate. Another thing I would tell myself is to not get carried away with the drinking. Living in the freshman dorms I saw a lot of people get taken away on stretchers and driven away in ambulances. It was a real eye opener for me and made me realize how precious life is. The last thing I would say to myself is to make the most of it. Have as much fun as you can and meet as many people as you can. You only go to college once and you don't want to regret not doing something or missing out on something exciting.

The worst thing I consider about my school is the parking services. They ticket you for anything and the ticket is usually very expensive and they usually don't give you a warning ticket if it is your first offense.

The most frustrating thing about my school is having a teacher that does not check their email. If you are a teacher I would expect you to check your email on a regular basis so none of your students are falling behind.

Sara

This answer may not be exactly what was looked for, but if I had the opportunity to go back in time to give myself advice about college and what I know now, I am not sureI would take it. Of course I would want to warn myself about those difficult courses like Organic Chemistry and that it is crucial for one to be self motivated, but at the same time I would want to be given the chance to learn on my own. As a senior I was excited about graduating and going further with my education. It?s the anticipation of not know what?s going to come next that makes college so intriguing. I mean yes I was prepared academically thanks to my high school faculty and teachers, but as for the rest of it I had no idea. I was so unsure if I would do well, or if I would even like it. Without any preparation in that field I discovered on my own that I do love this school and it?s the feeling of self accomplishment that keeps me going. The choice I made to attend Northern Arizona University was the right one.

Those that do not want to succeed academically. It is such a waste of money when students attend this school and never go to class or fail out.

I talk mostly about its location in Flagstaff, Arizona. What a beautiful place, there is always a new type of scenary waiting to be seen. The size of the school is also a major thing. This school is just the right size, to be able to become familiar with your professors.

Alex

Northern Arizona University is very outdoor friendly and an excellent place to learn.

Secondary Education, Forestry, Business, and Geology

Study hard in the beggining rather than party.

Christopher

The San Fransico peaks and historic Downtown.

The San Fransico peaks and historic Downtown.

If i could go back in time and give myself advice about college i would say one thing, "prepare ahead of time for your classes and tests because college is ten times harder than high school was."

Poor hyeine among some groups of students.

Beatrix

My school is best known for being the biggest university in Northern Arizona and for the nursing/biology, forestry and environmental sciences and engineering schools.

I would assure myself that going to school with no one I know was a good decision and that it would lead me to metting many great people. I would tell myself to stop hanging out with my boyfriend all the time and get the best grades I could. I would suggest that I visit Flagstaff a few times before moving there! I would tell myself to apply to a lot more colleges than I did. I would advise myself to being more upbeat and excited about transitioning to school. I would tell myself to not have any expectation that college is like high school at all. In additon, I would tell myself that school can be really fun, even though high school was not. I would tell myself to look more at the catalog before selecting my classes, because you can't really choose random classes for an undecided and expect to enjoy my schedule.

I wish I had known how small the actual city of flagstaff is, and how cold it gets in the winter.

morgan

Collge isn't for everyone right out of high school. Take your time andget your priorities strait. There is no reason to start collge right away if you are to lazy to rollout of bed, go to class, and get decent grades. A 3.5 GPA leaving college will get you more job offers than a 2.5. Mke sure you have the drive to do well or you are wasting your time and money

The school is transitioning to internet based degrees to increase their numbers so every course has some type of internet home page you are supposed to look at and submit your papers on. As an older student, I found this frustrating and lazy on the part of the staff.

It has an amazing area for hiking, bikin and anything outdoors your heart deires. It is at 7000 feet so it is a great place to stay/get in shape. I issed out on most o this for my first year. Plus, there is an Aspen tree forrest ou hae to go see. Ask a local...a real local and they shoul know.

Danielle

Do not go with what is comfortable for you, go out of your comfort zone, it only helps you in the future.

a person interested in the busy city life.

how cold it got here. And that there was a majority of white poeple.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.