Flagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Arizona University

I would be more prepared for how different my life is about to become. And also I would have chosen to go to a differnt college.

the frats and sorieties because they are given way to much attention and money for stupid activites.

Katherine

NAU is a has a relaxed yet studious environment which makes it a fun and comfortable place to learn.

Although attendance isn't completely neccessary to get a good grade, be sure to go to class, and do not come up with small excuses to miss your classes. Make sure you follow your degree progression program, and if any classes you are taking are not neccessary and do not appeal to you, it would probably be wise to drop the class. Prepare and study for your classes, quizes, tests, and exams to make sure you are trying you're hardest. If you don't do well even after studying as hard as possible, then know you did your best and accept it.

My classes don't have a very large student to teacher ratio, which helps me get comfortable in my classroom setting faster. In my opinion, this makes it easier to learn.

Melanie

Northern Arizona University is nestled among the tall pines in Flagstaff, Arizona, with new and upcoming satelitte campuses around Arizona.

My classmates are intelligent and determine individuals.

If only I knew then what I know now! Such a typically thought, I am sure, for so many people. To start, think before you act! Is this really such a good idea? Will this affect my future? Simple questions that would have made a world of difference if you had actually thought about the answers to them. Second, all those really "cool" people that you just had to hang around with, remember the ones who took advantge of you, the ones who convinced you it was cool to break the rules and get in a little trouble. Ya well, those people will most definatley amount to nothing later on in life and they will be wishing they took the road less traveled. They will never admit to it, but they will for sure be jealous of your achievements. Last and probably the most important, don't be afraid of making mistakes and don't beat yourself up when you do (you will, trust me). Those mistakes are a huge part of who you are. Remember, it is never too late to stand up, dust yourself off and start over.

Kassie

If you are looking for a school where you can meet chill people and be outdoors 24-7, NAU is the school for you.

I know it seems like NAU will suck, expecially because you just got your acceptance letter to San Diego State, but you will meet great friends, you future husband, and find who you really are at NAU along with finding the degree you heart really desires. The school will not challange you to the point of frustration, but will challange you enough. You will get to continue snowboarding, hiking, camping and fishing just like you love to do. On campus living is not that bad, and afforable. Oh and did i mention your really cute future husband??? haha. NAU will be lacking a bit in the advising department, and it will really piss you off at first, but it will challange you to become a better future educator and teach you amazing things to bring into your future classroom. Oh, and there is a really great community college nearby where you will imporve you dancing skills and passions greatly! You will have the best time of your life! :)

A person who needs a lot of structure for their school work, or likes the big city, shopping, life, they should not attend NAU.

Destiny

I wish I could tell myself to apply for more scholarships and get straight A's throughout college so I would have had a better chance at scholarships so I wouldn't have to work 20 hours a week just to pay my bills and still be broke.

I hate having to pay for school. My parents can not help me and even with my financial aid and my grandma helping me I still have to work 20 hours a week just to pay my bills every month.

It's a very beautiful campus that is in a college town, where everyone knows each other.

I would've taken 6 classes instead of 5 one being AP Biology being that it's my major in college now. Also i would have got more help with my college essay and applied to more scholarships because im now taking out loans that i will have to pay back. I would have taken more college visits although i toured many,but more wouldn't hurt.

Whitney

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was in high school I would tell myself to find a better job. A lot of money gets put into universities and if I would have known that one of my parents would soon be unemployed I would have gotten a better job and started saving years before college instead of just assuming that I had enough money.

This school is meant for everyone. There are all kinds of different areas of study, sports, and social life.

The most frustrating thing about Northern Arizona University are the counselors and the parking around campus.

It only gets better after high school. College is a place to break away from the role/character you were in you hometown. Its a place where you can be who you want to be. Yes it can be difficult, but it's worth the fight.

super conservative shopaholics that were tons of makeup or anyone that drives gas guslers.

I don't know. I love this school. I guess more financial aid would be helpful, especially for upper classmen.

Austin

Northern Arizona University is personably and nature friendly.

Northern Arizona University is personably and nature friendly.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to put myself out there more in the beginning of my college career and to meet as many people as possible. Knowing people around your campus is beneficial both academically and socially. If you wait too long or stay with the same people, you deprive yourself from the true college experience. Also, I would tell myself to take a wide variety of classes my first semester, because what you think you want to study in college is often much different than what you actually end up studying.

Students who want a large university feeling with a lot of school spirit.

Aimee

Stand up for what you believe is the right thing to do. Just because someone is older than you and supposedly "wiser" does not mean that they know the best path for you. Make your own mistakes, you will learn. Make decisions and choices with your whole heart put into them. Be passionate about what you say and do. Do not let others get in your way. Do not doubt yourself when your dreams are almost within reach. Challenge yourself, It's the only way you will learn anything, and who knows ... you may have a the time of your life while doing it. Learn to embrace others and their divsity. Some of the strangest people you meet may just come out to be your best friend. But most of all, have confidence in yourself and your dreams and do everything with 110 percent.

The absolutely beautiful campus and the fact that Flagstaff, Arizona does get all four seasons. Every morning you wake up to the trees and their falling leaves or with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. Northern Arizona University truly has a stunning and breath taking campus. Not to mention the many different and amazing views that can be seen throughout Flagstaff.

I wish I had known what my passion was. To be able to come in and say " This is what I love and I want to have this incorperated into the rest of my life. " College is a place to explore and create new opportunities, and one I would have loved to take would to delve in deeper to my passions and learn new aspects of them and challenge myself. I now know they are photography and dance, yet it would have been helpful to know before entering college.

Northern Arizona University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.